Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
It is bonkers that there is so much disagreement and bickering over vaccinations during a pandemic. Unfortunately it became very political which has furthered the divide. Up front, Trump, Fauci, Cuomo, WHO are all morons in their own rights for the way they've handled COVID and actions they've taken. I am a firm republican, but believer in the vaccines and have convinced others to get the shots.

That said, one of my largest issues is the reliance on masks and vaccines without any mention of personal health. We know that nearly all of the COVID deaths were in patients that had prior comorbidities. Most of these comorbidities are related to poor heath from lack of exercise, poor diet, etc. which are correctable. We live in a nation where everyone wants the easy way out (ie. pills) to fix or help correct issues. People are so quick to criticize and point out social status discrepancies, political ideologies, etc., but you cannot mention someone's health or weight without shaming them. If our CDC had a lick of sense, they would have instructed people to get healthier during these lockdowns and pushed the COVID facts between healthy verses non-healthy people. Better diets, exercise, and various vitamins (D, Zinc) could have saved countless lives all while making the population less of a burden on our health care system and less dependent on Big Pharma to band-aid their health issues. Of course this is the same CDC which allows big Pharma to advertise on TV, Monsanto to prioritize farming seeds, and allows chemicals in our food that nearly every other country bans.
Yes, healthier lifestyles should be part of the solution, but that is a longer-term aid. Also, there are plenty of folks who cannot fix their comorbidity with diet and exercise. My father has type 2 diabetes. He changed his lifestyle and kicks ass on a bike. He’s in better shape than most people my age. But he still has diabetes and is over 65, so he will always have major risks if he got the virus.

So, yes, healthier lifestyles should be mentioned… but I see more people using comorbidities as an excuse for downplaying the virus and stating it’s just the fat and old who are at risk. Meanwhile, there’s evidence this will be even less true with the variants.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Yes, healthier lifestyles should be part of the solution, but that is a longer-term aid. Also, there are plenty of folks who cannot fix their comorbidity with diet and exercise. My father has type 2 diabetes. He changed his lifestyle and kicks ass on a bike. He’s in better shape than most people my age. But he still has diabetes and is over 65, so he will always have major risks if he got the virus.

So, yes, healthier lifestyles should be mentioned… but I see more people using comorbidities as an excuse for downplaying the virus and stating it’s just the fat and old who are at risk. Meanwhile, there’s evidence this will be even less true with the variants.
OK, how about obesity then.
CDC study finds about 78% of people hospitalized for Covid were overweight or obese

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The simple fact I have not seen anyone here argue their vaxx stance came from speaking to their personal physician or friends and relatives etc etc etc to make up their mind about getting the Jab.

How the FU** that many of you going to let Washington DC people make up your mind based on what they do and say.......Complain about the Gubment, when in reality you should blame your paranoia and lack of self responsibility to seek out information from your OWN medical provider.

Bottom line....in a pandemic everyone has a Self Responsibility to keep themselves, their families AND THEIR NEIGHBORS safe. I have yet to see anyone argue that is refusing to take the vaxx that they took the self responsibility to seek out their local medical providers advice and direction. Everyone seems to be making their mind up based on what they saw or heard on social media or TV some crazy rabbit hole of the internet they fell down

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
It is bonkers that there is so much disagreement and bickering over vaccinations during a pandemic. Unfortunately it became very political which has furthered the divide. Up front, Trump, Fauci, Cuomo, WHO are all morons in their own rights for the way they've handled COVID and actions they've taken. I am a firm republican, but believer in the vaccines and have convinced others to get the shots.

That said, one of my largest issues is the reliance on masks and vaccines without any mention of personal health. We know that nearly all of the COVID deaths were in patients that had prior comorbidities. Most of these comorbidities are related to poor heath from lack of exercise, poor diet, etc. which are correctable. We live in a nation where everyone wants the easy way out (ie. pills) to fix or help correct issues. People are so quick to criticize and point out social status discrepancies, political ideologies, etc., but you cannot mention someone's health or weight without shaming them. If our CDC had a lick of sense, they would have instructed people to get healthier during these lockdowns and pushed the COVID facts between healthy verses non-healthy people. Better diets, exercise, and various vitamins (D, Zinc) could have saved countless lives all while making the population less of a burden on our health care system and less dependent on Big Pharma to band-aid their health issues. Of course this is the same CDC which allows big Pharma to advertise on TV, Monsanto to prioritize farming seeds, and allows chemicals in our food that nearly every other country bans.
The government has been pushing health for years and that push has mostly been an abject failure despite billions spent. What exactly would you propose that they do differently to make it work this time?

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
The government has been pushing health for years and that push has mostly been an abject failure despite billions spent. What exactly would you propose that they do differently to make it work this time?
Right? It’s hard to compete with fast food marketing dollars.

Additionally, it’s not like there has been no mention of personal health. Who doesn’t know that obesity is a comorbidity? You’d have to be an idiot to not figure out exercise and nutrition may help your chance of survival.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
It's not a vaccine. It's an experiment and those who have taken it are the Pfizer and Moderna and (to a lesser degree), J&J lab rats. The CDC isn't embarrassed at all to admit (very conservatively) that 500,000 lab rats have had adverse reactions; to include at least 12K who are dead from the doses. The same government agency is embarrassed about how many who've been inoculated and are catching and in some cases dying from COVID after the precious stabs.
YAY! I was hoping we'd get someone like you to join in. Only took 1000 pages.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
The simple fact I have not seen anyone here argue their vaxx stance came from speaking to their personal physician or friends and relatives etc etc etc to make up their mind about getting the Jab.

How the FU** that many of you going to let Washington DC people make up your mind based on what they do and say.......Complain about the Gubment, when in reality you should blame your paranoia and lack of self responsibility to seek out information from your OWN medical provider.

Bottom line....in a pandemic everyone has a Self Responsibility to keep themselves, their families AND THEIR NEIGHBORS safe. I have yet to see anyone argue that is refusing to take the vaxx that they took the self responsibility to seek out their local medical providers advice and direction. Everyone seems to be making their mind up based on what they saw or heard on social media or TV some crazy rabbit hole of the internet they fell down
The fact that people listen to the media and use 'Fauci lied' as an excuse to not get vaccinated is both hilarious and sad. We have people who don't even know what the letters DNA stand for dictate the public health discourse. But then I guess it's not surprising given the % of people that think Earth is only 6,000 years old.

We deserve this world we're getting. We're too stupid and afraid to have anything better.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The fact that people listen to the media and use 'Fauci lied' as an excuse to not get vaccinated is both hilarious and sad. We have people who don't even know what the letters DNA stand for dictate the public health discourse. But then I guess it's not surprising given the % of people that think Earth is only 6,000 years old.

We deserve this world we're getting. We're too stupid and afraid to have anything better.
I wonder how many people reading your post just learned that DNA is an acronym

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
On a related note… Relevant to this:
Not trying to have any argument, but I have seen the studies from last year that said there was a rhyme and reason to prognosis. Blood type. O type being the least affected by the virus. How is this not something being talked about now?
“They cry. And they tell me they didn’t know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldn’t get as sick. They thought it was ‘just the flu’."

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
On a related note… Relevant to this:
Not trying to have any argument, but I have seen the studies from last year that said there was a rhyme and reason to prognosis. Blood type. O type being the least affected by the virus. How is this not something being talked about now?
“They cry. And they tell me they didn’t know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldn’t get as sick. They thought it was ‘just the flu’."
"Drinking gin and tonic makes you immune."

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
What Michelle Obama's "healthy school lunches"? Some cities have tried the weight loss/get fit initiatives. I was more referring to the CDC/White House/Fauci directly discussing the implications of poor health and benefits of exercise and good diet for overall health as well as ways to minimize the effects of COVID during their nationally televised press conferences. They never mention it.

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL

The highest paid government employee and single person most responsible for our response to the pandemic has continually lied to the American public. That's not paranoia its fact...
A basic truth about human nature is that when people are lied to they become less trusting.
(I haven't even mentioned Dr. Birx's thanksgiving day get together)

You do know the story about the boy who cried wolf right? Well at the end of the story he was telling the truth..didn't matter because he had no credibility by then. Who was to blame in that story? The people who didn't listen or the boy?

I continue to be amazed that somehow the very people responsible for the messaging and response to the pandemic (who may have also played a part in the pandemic starting in the first place) get ZERO blame for any of these failures.

You can look down your nose at your fellow country men all you want it's not going to make them change their minds. Because frankly they have every reason to believe that yet another NOBLE LIE is being forced down their throat. That the truth about the efficacy and side effects and long term issues that could pop up are completely unknown.

You guys can take this info or leave it. I'm just trying to help you understand.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
What Michelle Obama's "healthy school lunches"? Some cities have tried the weight loss/get fit initiatives. I was more referring to the CDC/White House/Fauci directly discussing the implications of poor health and benefits of exercise and good diet for overall health as well as ways to minimize the effects of COVID during their nationally televised press conferences. They never mention it.
Where is the data that diet and exercise minimize the risks of COVID-19?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk