Consolidated Basketball Recruiting 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
I wonder if Yor has to sit or not. This would be his second transfer. The new NCAA stuff is giving them a no sit out rule for their first transfer. It's unfortunate he left. He would have made us better last year and he would still fit with this group as well. And I don't think his other situation was improvement from his situation at OSU.

Aug 19, 2006
Depends on whether there were any extenuating circumstances when he transferred out. Things we wouldn't be aware of outside the program. I'll trust HCMB's judgement on this one.

Sep 23, 2010
Depends on whether there were any extenuating circumstances when he transferred out. Things we wouldn't be aware of outside the program. I'll trust HCMB's judgement on this one.
Oh. I don't see how we take him back. That ship has sailed. Was just interested in the situation. I liked Yor while he was here.

If there is anything to commend Coach Boynton on is his retention of all our guys. I mean, the portal is absolutely nuts right now and Flavors (4 schools in 4 years) is the only one who entered the portal.

Mar 27, 2008
Damn was really hoping for him, welp getting Wheeler would help out the backcourt. Do we have any other potential guys in the transfer portal that we are hoping for?
Everything I have read has Wheeler going to Kentucky. Even the OSU 247 guy put in a crystal ball for him to Kentucky. But you never know.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
So with the portal is there no reason to take high school kids anymore. Looking ahead to 2022; Ice, AA and Thompson could all leave. Any value in taking a PG that might not contribute this season but will be in the program a year that can step in if those other guys leave...or has the portal made that a non issue as well?

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
So with the portal is there no reason to take high school kids anymore. Looking ahead to 2022; Ice, AA and Thompson could all leave. Any value in taking a PG that might not contribute this season but will be in the program a year that can step in if those other guys leave...or has the portal made that a non issue as well?
In my opinion I think the top tier 5 star kids will go to Major programs and some of the four stars. Everyone else will go mid major out of high school. 3 star, 4 star kids that prove themselves at mid majors will transfer to major programs and the flame outs will transfer down or to major program. I think the hidden thing in this are all the borderline mid major kids who have no where to go anymore because kids that would traditionally go to major programs as a fill a scholarship signee now are trickling down to the mid majors.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I think you’re overplaying it a bit. Continuity is still a key way to win. One of the most exciting things about this team to me is the talent development that’s happening behind the starting line up. Chris Harris and Donovan Williams may not be major contributors till 2022-23, but you’ve gotta be old to win in CBB and I think the continuity will only help.

If anyone needs any extra reason to appreciate Boynton, I think that the back half of our roster didn’t enter the portal (with the exception of Flavors which I think we can all agree wasn’t welcomed back) compared to what every other team in CBB went through is pretty telling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 6, 2020
Enid, OK
I think you’re overplaying it a bit. Continuity is still a key way to win. One of the most exciting things about this team to me is the talent development that’s happening behind the starting line up. Chris Harris and Donovan Williams may not be major contributors till 2022-23, but you’ve gotta be old to win in CBB and I think the continuity will only help.

If anyone needs any extra reason to appreciate Boynton, I think that the back half of our roster didn’t enter the portal (with the exception of Flavors which I think we can all agree wasn’t welcomed back) compared to what every other team in CBB went through is pretty telling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, Coach Boynton is the type of guy I can see coaching here for a long time, and I wouldn't mind that at all. He seems to get quality players and good young men. He coaches them up and teaches them a thing or two about life outside of the gym...GO POKES!!

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
You mean like new sanctions including a post season ban against OSU for penalties committed by a coach that wasn’t even around when he committed? Yeah, I’d say there were extenuating circumstances around the first time he transferred.

But yeah, Yor got bad advice from someone when he transferred.

Dec 21, 2008
Yor wanted to be in a bigger city he was bored in STW. It happens. That video with Sahvir & his dad is one of the coolest vids I’ve seen of a recruit. Very intimate in depth look at his maturity and recognition of our Coach. Hard to compare with these graphics though....

$250,000,000+ earned by Kentucky players in the NBA

Attachments

Sep 23, 2010
https://twitter.com/pistolrick/status/1394313485597749257?s=21
While obviously many of the things said about Boynton in this video were nice to hear and kind of in line what we are gathering about Boynton's character. Does anyone else find this odd that this video was made? I mean, who's filming it? This type of stuff is just bizarre to me.

Sep 23, 2010
I am on board with developmental PG or big at the moment if we can't find a guy in the portal that would crack our top 7.

Aug 19, 2006
Oh. I don't see how we take him back. That ship has sailed. Was just interested in the situation. I liked Yor while he was here.

If there is anything to commend Coach Boynton on is his retention of all our guys. I mean, the portal is absolutely nuts right now and Flavors (4 schools in 4 years) is the only one who entered the portal.
Agreed. I'm just allowing for the possibility HCMB knows something we don't and is inclined to cut Yor some slack because of it. Absent that, Yor needs to move on, preferably outside the Big 12.