Consolidated Basketball Recruiting 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
We really need to get Bryce Thompson or the Georgia PG. Avery could become a really good PG but he's not a PG quite yet.

PG- Bryce Thompson? / Ice (he needs to be our 6th man)
SG- Avery Anderson (plays some PG as well) / Keylan Boone
SG- Bryce Williams/ Rondel Walker/ Donovan Williams
F- MAM / Tyreek Smith
C- Kalib Boone/ Kouma

This team really needs a PG as you can see. Ice could be serviceable to backup Avery but Ice played like dogcrap last year. I think Ice could be a great 6th man. His shooting is too limiting but he does other things well. He played ok first round game but 2nd round game was trash. Literally embarassing. Great due I love Ice but he'd probably tell you the same thing. injuries may have played some role but his shooting sucks.

I LOVE THE UPSIDE ONCE AGAIN OF THIS TEAM!

Sep 23, 2010
We really need to get Bryce Thompson or the Georgia PG. Avery could become a really good PG but he's not a PG quite yet.

F- MAM / Tyreek Smith
C- Kalib Boone/ Kouma

This team really needs a PG as you can see. Ice could be serviceable to backup Avery but Ice played like dogcrap last year. I think Ice could be a great 6th man. His shooting is too limiting but he does other things well. He played ok first round game but 2nd round game was trash. Literally embarassing. Great due I love Ice but he'd probably tell you the same thing. injuries may have played some role but his shooting sucks.

Thompson is preferable over Wheeler cause he shoots it better. And it gives you 3 guards that can do many different things. Keylan will not play 2 guard. We went to small ball last year and we are sticking with it unless you want to go back to never scoring again.

I've seen a couple people come down on Ice pretty hard. He can't shoot but he can play. My real concern for him is durability. Two seasons in a row he's had an ailment that kept him out for a good amount of time and never really got back to full strength either year.

Boynton is starting Ice, right or wrong. Boynton loves upperclassmen.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
I hear you Sutton. He might start ICE but Ice is not good enough to start on this team anymore. He is a solid guy but great 6th man. Just being honest. But Boynton does love him some Ice and I get it. We might not have gotten Cade without Ice at least he helped some.

Great kid just lacking. Good player in many ways that can help don't get me wrong.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I don't care too much if Ice shoots it well or not. If he can make good passes, limit stupid turnovers and play solid defense then he can and should get plenty of minutes. If he can find Boone in the post or Anderson on the wing and let them score (or anyone else who develops into legitimate threats), then his experience should make him a huge asset.

Nov 6, 2010
I don't care too much if Ice shoots it well or not. If he can make good passes, limit stupid turnovers and play solid defense then he can and should get plenty of minutes. If he can find Boone in the post or Anderson on the wing and let them score (or anyone else who develops into legitimate threats), then his experience should make him a huge asset.
Not to mention rebounding and his ability to push the ball and finish in transition. Only thing I think needs to be rethought is him playing at the end of games due to his FT shooting.

Sep 23, 2010
I hear you Sutton. He might start ICE but Ice is not good enough to start on this team anymore. He is a solid guy but great 6th man. Just being honest. But Boynton does love him some Ice and I get it. We might not have gotten Cade without Ice at least he helped some.

Great kid just lacking. Good player in many ways that can help don't get me wrong.
Are saying this assuming we bring in a Wheeler or Thompson type? Or do you think he should start with our roster of 11 guys we know we have coming in? And I am not counting B. Williams, he would make 12.

Oct 30, 2007

F- MAM / Tyreek Smith
C- Kalib Boone/ Kouma

This is how I would project the depth chart going into the season:
PG- Ice / Avery Anderson
SG- Avery Anderson / Rondel Walker
SG- Bryce Williams / Keylan Boone
F- MAM / Tyreek Smith / Woody Newton
C- Kalib Boone / Bernard Kouma

I can't see Ice not starting as a senior if he's healthy. If Thompson or Wheeler transfer in, I could see them starting over Williams. Walker could be in the mix to start as well if he makes a big jump from his freshman to sophomore year like AA did last year.

I'm excited about next year. Even without Cunningham, this roster still has a lot of young talent. It will be interesting to see how they develop and what the new guys bring to the table.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I don't have a problem with Ice starting and playing a lot of minutes (if healthy). I just think we need a backup PG who can bring the ball up under pressure when AA is resting or in foul trouble. It's a huge bonus if Ice can/will shoot enough/well enough from 15' to 3-point land to force defenses to play him honestly.

Sep 22, 2007
Moore, OK
I'm hearing rumors of Bryce to OSU!! I hope its correct. Please don't post on Twitter or other social media but looking good according to source! McDonald's All American baby!
If he's wanting to keep it quiet until he announces, why would you post it here?

Do you not think his family has an account here?

Just let the kid announce it himself when he is ready.

Sep 23, 2010
This is how I would project the depth chart going into the season:
PG- Ice / Avery Anderson
SG- Avery Anderson / Rondel Walker
SG- Bryce Williams / Keylan Boone
F- MAM / Tyreek Smith / Woody Newton
C- Kalib Boone / Bernard Kouma

I can't see Ice not starting as a senior if he's healthy. If Thompson or Wheeler transfer in, I could see them starting over Williams. Walker could be in the mix to start as well if he makes a big jump from his freshman to sophomore year like AA did last year.

I'm excited about next year. Even without Cunningham, this roster still has a lot of young talent. It will be interesting to see how they develop and what the new guys bring to the table.
I like this chart. I'm hopeful Walker surpasses Bryce with his jump to being a sophomore. But we are not certain about Bryce's status with the team. At least I haven't heard anything definitive. This could be the "news" Boynton was tweeting about as well...that Bryce Williams is coming back.

Sep 23, 2010
If he's wanting to keep it quiet until he announces, why would you post it here?

Do you not think his family has an account here?

Just let the kid announce it himself when he is ready.
I don't see family members visiting message boards at the rate they used to. I think the social media platforms have taken that space over.

Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater

F- MAM / Tyreek Smith
C- Kalib Boone/ Kouma

I am sure Thompson can play some PG some of the time, but he is mainly a SG from what i remember. Now we also cannot forget that ICE was hurt most of the season last year, plus with Cade it took the ball out of ICE's hands also. Have we all already forgot how well ICE played before he got COVID? We were top 25 and playing really well at the time.

Sep 23, 2010
I am sure Thompson can play some PG some of the time, but he is mainly a SG from what i remember. Now we also cannot forget that ICE was hurt most of the season last year, plus with Cade it took the ball out of ICE's hands also. Have we all already forgot how well ICE played before he got COVID? We were top 25 and playing really well at the time.
If we get Thompson, then you have 3 guards out there that can all play PG in Ice, AA and Thompson while none of the 3 have displayed being a true PG. Being a PG might be the selling point to Thompson.