Consolidated Basketball Recruiting 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Nothing on us landing Tyreek Smith, transferring from Texas Tech??
Then he tweeted this last night and it was way after Tyreek's commit.

https://twitter.com/thacoachmike/status/1387217526329802754?s=19

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Aug 28, 2009
Then he tweeted this last night and it was way after Tyreek's commit.

https://twitter.com/thacoachmike/status/1387217526329802754?s=19

He tweeted that two nights ago. Prior to Tyreek’s announcement

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Has anyone else been a little underwhelmed with the transfers so far. Guys like Bryce Thompson and Trey Alexander haven’t committed yet and we’re filling the few spots we have.

Sure they are 4-star talents, but I can’t remember the last time a D1 transfer came in from another school where they weren’t getting playing time and contributed significantly. We’ve had better luck with older transfers and JuCo kids (sometimes the most talented but didn’t have the grade to make it out of high school).

I know their per 40 minutes stats are good, but they weren’t getting playing time last year for a reason. Hopefully that reason is their coaches were idiots, but not likely when you are talking Boeheim and Beard. They probably aren’t getting much more PT here with Boone and MAM in the way. There maybe 10 min per game inside up for grabs. Heck Boone and MAM only played just over 20 min per game each last season.

Maybe they are able to develop and contribute as Juniors and Seniors but usually when they don’t play here either, they jump ship and are off to another school.

We have not replaced Cade’s starting spot in the lineup nor have we added shooting (which we desperately need). We’ve added some depth inside (which we also needed) but neither of these guys are big enough to help us handle the huge big guys that we struggled with last year. Here’s hoping the final 1-2 guys we take in this class are a little more impactful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2004
Watauga, TX
I like the guys we are getting because of their youth. They will not be a one and done grad transfer. There is time for them to grow and develop in the system. Both have the potential to develop into solid players within our system. I do agree we need more outside shooting. We still have scholarships available to bring in players that can help from outside.

Nov 6, 2010
I like the guys we are getting because of their youth. They will not be a one and done grad transfer. There is time for them to grow and develop in the system. Both have the potential to develop into solid players within our system. I do agree we need more outside shooting. We still have scholarships available to bring in players that can help from outside.
I wonder what we'll get out of Harris and D. Williams in the shooting department? I agree with you it's good to get high end, younger athletes like we're getting, but gotta have shooting to go along with them.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
6' 7" South Plains JC star, Rivaldo Soarse just listed oSu in final six and will decide soon. Others are: Oregon, San Diego St, Depaul, St Johns, & Florida. (zagsblog.com)
Here are some highlights. Looks talented.
https://youtu.be/JZthFvtHB2c
Plays very similar to Jeffrey Carroll. Little bit of Jeremy Lamb in there as well.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Has anyone else been a little underwhelmed with the transfers so far. Guys like Bryce Thompson and Trey Alexander haven’t committed yet and we’re filling the few spots we have.

Sure they are 4-star talents, but I can’t remember the last time a D1 transfer came in from another school where they weren’t getting playing time and contributed significantly. We’ve had better luck with older transfers and JuCo kids (sometimes the most talented but didn’t have the grade to make it out of high school).

I know their per 40 minutes stats are good, but they weren’t getting playing time last year for a reason. Hopefully that reason is their coaches were idiots, but not likely when you are talking Boeheim and Beard. They probably aren’t getting much more PT here with Boone and MAM in the way. There maybe 10 min per game inside up for grabs. Heck Boone and MAM only played just over 20 min per game each last season.

Maybe they are able to develop and contribute as Juniors and Seniors but usually when they don’t play here either, they jump ship and are off to another school.

We have not replaced Cade’s starting spot in the lineup nor have we added shooting (which we desperately need). We’ve added some depth inside (which we also needed) but neither of these guys are big enough to help us handle the huge big guys that we struggled with last year. Here’s hoping the final 1-2 guys we take in this class are a little more impactful.

I know the tape for the guy from tech looks better than his stats from tech. I think he was just underutilized by Beard.

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina

Both Woody and Smith were freshman playing behind talented 5th year seniors, Santos-Silva at Tech and Dolezaj at Syracuse. Both were 4 star recruits that have now spent a year at high end colleges practicing, lifting weights and developing. And like you said, both were productive in their minutes played. Their floor is a a productive role player, their ceilings are much higher. We still have time to add a really talented shooter, let’s be patient and trust Boynton and the staff can add another talented shooter.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I do like the transfers we have so far, just wondering how many 6'7" wing/4s we need. We already have MAM and Keylan. We need ball handlers, we need shooters, we need a big man who can bang with others down low.

The bad thing about Anderson not hiring an agent is that we have to keep a scholly available until he makes a decision for sure. By my count that means we have one left for now with more than one player still available that we'd like.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
I do like the transfers we have so far, just wondering how many 6'7" wing/4s we need. We already have MAM and Keylan. We need ball handlers, we need shooters, we need a big man who can bang with others down low.

The bad thing about Anderson not hiring an agent is that we have to keep a scholly available until he makes a decision for sure. By my count that means we have one left for now with more than one player still available that we'd like.
I don't think anyone thinks AA is actually leaving.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO

2 left. 1 open and 1 for Bryce Williams. Even if he comes back, it doesn’t count against the scholarship limit. 1 year waiver on that due to COVID.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO

Both Woody and Smith were freshman playing behind talented 5th year seniors, Santos-Silva at Tech and Dolezaj at Syracuse. Both were 4 star recruits that have now spent a year at high end colleges practicing, lifting weights and developing. And like you said, both were productive in their minutes played. Their floor is a a productive role player, their ceilings are much higher. We still have time to add a really talented shooter, let’s be patient and trust Boynton and the staff can add another talented shooter.
I hope you are right. They won’t have any 5th year seniors in front of them on the depth chart but they are still going to have to fight for PT with the Boones, MAM, and Kouma. It’s not like they get to walk in here with no competition. Did those 5th year seniors come back? Because otherwise, I would have thought they’d be in for an increase in PT at their previous schools.

My impression is these guys will be deep depth this year, mainly playing when others are in foul trouble. I’m just hoping they stick around because these are the types of kids you need on your team as juniors and seniors. By that point they are good enough to play. I’d just rather have a HS 4-star guy to take a chance on rather than guys that have already transferred 1-2 years in. If they’ve done it once, they are more likely to do it again.