Consolidated Basketball Recruiting 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
Really good athleticism and length added here. This allows us to be ok when Kalib gets in foul trouble or is in one of his funks. This will really push Kalib. Kalib is better offensively imo, but this Cisse has enough raw ability to compete for a starting spot.

This is Yor/Kalib at the 5 (at the end of the season two years ago) but much better and we also have Smith who can add depth there. We have depth and athleticism at all positions. Practices will be ridiculous. I feel bad for Kouma. He might want to hit the portal but it's too late now.

Cisse really needs to improve his skillset. 32% from FT line. Turned it over a lot for his usage as well. But his raw talent is super intriguing

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
Really good athleticism and length added here. This allows us to be ok when Kalib gets in foul trouble or is in one of his funks. This will really push Kalib. Kalib is better offensively imo, but this Cisse has enough raw ability to compete for a starting spot.

This is Yor/Kalib at the 5 (at the end of the season two years ago) but much better and we also have Smith who can add depth there. We have depth and athleticism at all positions. Practices will be ridiculous. I feel bad for Kouma. He might want to hit the portal but it's too late now.

Cisse really needs to improve his skillset. 32% from FT line. Turned it over a lot for his usage as well. But his raw talent is super intriguing
Ideally, I think Cisse would come off the bench but I have a hard time believing he'd come here to be a backup when he could've gone a few other places or just returned to Memphis.

Will be interesting to see. As always, I expect Boynton will experiment with a bunch of different lineups early.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2010
Ideally, I think Cisse would come off the bench but I have a hard time believing he'd come here to be a backup when he could've gone a few other places or just returned to Memphis.

Will be interesting to see. As always, I expect Boynton will experiment with a bunch of different lineups early.

I do have some concerns that Boynton will be trying to make everyone happy and doing a lot of experimenting instead of just coaching to win. We saw some of that, most damningly in the West Virginia home loss.

I think the Kalib/Cisse battle will be a good one. The 5 spot can be platooned with how much foul trouble they tend to get into.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Yeah, I also don’t think it’s a guarantee that Cisse starts, in fact I think the most likely line up is the 5 returning players who played the most minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That may be the case at the start of the season but i'm guessing by the end Bryce and Cisse will both be starters. If not then their development just hasn't gone as we all would hope.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Yeah, I also don’t think it’s a guarantee that Cisse starts, in fact I think the most likely line up is the 5 returning players who played the most minutes.

That may be the case at the start of the season but i'm guessing by the end Bryce and Cisse will both be starters. If not then their development just hasn't gone as we all would hope.
I’m just saying. The 5 star pedigree can represent multiple things. For some it means significant immediate impact, but for others it means the ultimate ceiling. And maybe these are the type of prospects that represent a multi-year project but once they hit we get high lottery production. These guys have already transferred once, what’s just as important as Boynton locking down the next 3 years for both of these guys.

Sep 1, 2007
Denver, CO

Cisse is still 18 years old, he reclassified from the 2021 class last year so he really should have been a HS senior. I expect him to take a big leap this year but he is still raw, 2 years at OSU would be ideal.

Sep 23, 2010
I’m just saying. The 5 star pedigree can represent multiple things. For some it means significant immediate impact, but for others it means the ultimate ceiling. And maybe these are the type of prospects that represent a multi-year project but once they hit we get high lottery production. These guys have already transferred once, what’s just as important as Boynton locking down the next 3 years for both of these guys.

No doubt. We are getting awfully excited for guys avg. 6pts per game when we have promising returners who were more productive. Think about what these guys are averaging and how excited we are to have them, particularly Thompson and Cisse just because they had 5 stars by their name which infers they have tremendous upside. But these guys below look better on paper if we got them transferring in from another school.

AA, Soph 12ppg
Kalib, Soph 9ppg
Ice, Jr 9pts, 7reb, 4ast/game
MAM Fr 9pts, 5reb
Walker Fr 8ppg
B Williams Sr 7ppg

All these guys were statically better than all 4 of our transfers, and our team was better than Cuse, Memphis and Tech. And we weren't far behind Kansas. It speaks to our depth. But I get excited about a returning Walker and MAM, who I think are studs, just as much as I do about any of these transfers.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby

No doubt. We are getting awfully excited for guys avg. 6pts per game when we have promising returners who were more productive. Think about what these guys are averaging and how excited we are to have them, particularly Thompson and Cisse just because they had 5 stars by their name which infers they have tremendous upside. But these guys below look better on paper if we got them transferring in from another school.

AA, Soph 12ppg
Kalib, Soph 9ppg
MAM Fr 9pts, 5reb
Walker Fr 8ppg
B Williams Sr 7ppg

All these guys were statically better than all 4 of our transfers, and our team was better than Cuse, Memphis and Tech. And we weren't far behind Kansas. It speaks to our depth. But I get excited about a returning Walker and MAM, who I think are studs, just as much as I do about any of these transfers.
This is fair.

I think it's the idea of the potential over the known commodity.

Also, I see some of these guys (B. Williams, for example) as solid pieces but not much more than high level role players. Whereas, Cisse and Thompson displayed the skillset, athleticism, etc. to be focal points for winning teams, albeit at the high school level.

So the potential of Bryce Thompson is the best 2 guard on the team and a possible draft pick, which is why I have him pegged as a starter. Whether that comes to fruition or not is yet to be seen.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria

AA, Soph 12ppg
Kalib, Soph 9ppg
MAM Fr 9pts, 5reb
Walker Fr 8ppg
B Williams Sr 7ppg

I'm glad we don't play the games on paper. Thompson with his injuries and Cisse playing college ball when he should have been a high school Senior.

One thing we missed when Kalib was out was his shot blocking and Cisse brings that same level with an extra rebound per 20 minutes.

Really looking forward to some of those practice videos this year. Tough competition hopefully leads to solid development.

After the job, Coach Boynton did last year to keep the team from transferring out and getting these players to be a family, I'm really excited for next year.

Dec 21, 2008
I hope we have a couple of live-streamed practices like we did last year. It may have been covid-driven then, but it was an awesome idea.
I agree! They need to put some 7pm games on the schedule too. Back in the day every game wasn’t on Tv. People in Tulsa ans OKC can’t get there by 6 and 8pm games you don’t get home til 11ish on a weeknight. 7pm allows you to grab dinner at 630 then get hone around 1015. Attendance is hurting because every game is streamed for free

Sep 23, 2010
I'm glad we don't play the games on paper. Thompson with his injuries and Cisse playing college ball when he should have been a high school Senior.

One thing we missed when Kalib was out was his shot blocking and Cisse brings that same level with an extra rebound per 20 minutes.

Really looking forward to some of those practice videos this year. Tough competition hopefully leads to solid development.

After the job, Coach Boynton did last year to keep the team from transferring out and getting these players to be a family, I'm really excited for next year.
I'm just as excited for Thompson and Cisse as everyone else. But I want people to be excited about our returners as well, particularly the young ones.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
I'm just as excited for Thompson and Cisse as everyone else. But I want people to be excited about our returners as well, particularly the young ones.
I think most people are excited about the returning players. Discussions are normally focused on new things and not pre-existing. Look at articles on ESPN and CBS, the focus is usually the new players on a team because the returning players are usually a known item. Even if it is just improving the bench for a team.

The returning players were a huge discussion at the end of the season, because a lot of people like the offense wo/Cade more than the offense w/Cade. There were several discussions hoping to see development growth with certain players that may resemble AA's development last off season.

As for the returning:
What will Harris look like after his second surgery? He was slated for a lot of PT before his injury in the 1st game last year.

Is Rondel the player that makes a big leap in the off-season?

Or maybe Keylan? He has the build and athleticism.

Is ICE going to regain the dribble drive shot after recovering from his injury?

Sep 23, 2010
I think most people are excited about the returning players. Discussions are normally focused on new things and not pre-existing. Look at articles on ESPN and CBS, the focus is usually the new players on a team because the returning players are usually a known item. Even if it is just improving the bench for a team.

The returning players were a huge discussion at the end of the season, because a lot of people like the offense wo/Cade more than the offense w/Cade. There were several discussions hoping to see development growth with certain players that may resemble AA's development last off season.

As for the returning:
What will Harris look like after his second surgery? He was slated for a lot of PT before his injury in the 1st game last year.

I think the backcourt talent is too talented for Harris to emerge.

Keylan has to beat out Newton and Smith to get those backup four minutes.

I'm a big believer in Rondell. I think he and MAM make jumps this year and eat up some of the scoring that Cade left behind. Walker's issue, as far as making a big leap, is the crowded back court situation.

I think if Ice can stay healthy, we will see a lot of what we saw his soph year pre-mono. He doesn't have to defer to Cade as the playmaker. He fits just fine with AA because AA is more of scoring guard. This team is going to get out and run and Ice will be pushing that pace and looking to get to the rim.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby

As for the returning:

I think the backcourt talent is too talented for Harris to emerge.

Keylan has to beat out Newton and Smith to get those backup four minutes.

I'm a big believer in Rondell. I think he and MAM make jumps this year and eat up some of the scoring that Cade left behind. Walker's issue, as far as making a big leap, is the crowded back court situation.

I think if Ice can stay healthy, we will see a lot of what we saw his soph year pre-mono. He doesn't have to defer to Cade as the playmaker. He fits just fine with AA because AA is more of scoring guard. This team is going to get out and run and Ice will be pushing that pace and looking to get to the rim.
I think I like Keylan getting more minutes at the 3. With the addition of Cisse, I think that slides a solid chunk of his minutes up a spot positionally because he's no longer needed as a backup 4. Those minutes should go to Smith now.

Defensively, I think that's where he can create the most havoc. To me, his defense is what will get him minutes. If he can also make some 3's, then he'd be a major factor next season.

Ultimately, there's going to be a few guys unhappy with their minutes. The team just has too many options.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I think the new additions assuage fans concerned about the team dropping off with the loss of Cade. I’m excited about the returning players, but I’m glad to see this level of talent augmenting them… not overshadowing them.

Sep 23, 2010
I think I like Keylan getting more minutes at the 3. With the addition of Cisse, I think that slides a solid chunk of his minutes up a spot positionally because he's no longer needed as a backup 4. Those minutes should go to Smith now.

Defensively, I think that's where he can create the most havoc. To me, his defense is what will get him minutes. If he can also make some 3's, then he'd be a major factor next season.

Ultimately, there's going to be a few guys unhappy with their minutes. The team just has too many options.

Yeah. I'm just not sure how many minutes are there at the 3. We have 5 guards who I feel pretty comfortable saying are going to play -- Ice, AA, Walker, Bryce and Bryce. It's not normal to play more than 5 out there. And like you said, Cisse made the minutes at the 4 shrink because we thought Smith might play back up 5 min. My vision of seeing Keylan at the 4 spot is when MB believes we need to go to a smaller line up with better spacing.