Consolidated Basketball Recruiting 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
I would venture to say that if he is starting though, and to be clear, I hope he will be, it’ll be in Ice’s place, not Bryce. As always, I think spacing will be the difference maker for this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For sure I could see that also, especially since it would be nice to have a proven ball handler with the second squad. Man if ICE could shot the ball at all, he would be first round material next year, he has all the physical tools.

Sep 23, 2010
For sure I could see that also, especially since it would be nice to have a proven ball handler with the second squad. Man if ICE could shot the ball at all, he would be first round material next year, he has all the physical tools.
I think you guys are selling short Walker a bit as well. We have 5 guards who are capable starters. Ice and AA will get the benefit of the doubt to start the season if Boynton's past tells us anything.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1410961188897370112?s=20

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
The portal is hard on low and mid major schools. He was probably making sure Asmos (sp?) was staying in the draft before he went to the portal.
Indeed it is. In this situation, though, I think transferring is actually in Obanor's best interests.

If he's able to produce at a similar rate in the Power 5, which he should because he was dominant against the major teams ORU played, he stands to make himself much more money than he could by staying at ORU.

I would LOVE if Boynton were able to land him for the last spot.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2006
We don't have a pure scorer like this on the roster right now. He would look great in Orange and Black. Get to work HCMB, coach. Make it happen!

Sep 23, 2010
Indeed it is. In this situation, though, I think transferring is actually in Obanor's best interests.

If he's able to produce at a similar rate in the Power 5, which he should because he was dominant against the major teams ORU played, he stands to make himself much more money than he could by staying at ORU.

His shooting ability as a forward is what we are missing in our front court players.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby

His shooting ability as a forward is what we are missing in our front court players.
Exactly. Obanor is one of the best shooters in the country, full stop. He has career shooting splits of 52/43/84. He shot 46% from deep on 121 attempts last season and 48% in pick-and-pop situations.

Looks like he's already heard from just about every team in the country. Also, it's worth noting that he could still go to the NBA.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1411028097151995904?s=19

This would be one of Boynton's toughest recruiting pulls yet. Everybody wants this guy.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/status/1411063462646669318?s=19

Moussa Cisse - 6'10" 220 pound Center from Memphis. Cisse averaged 6 points, 6 rebounds, 1.6 blocks.

There are some rumors brewing online (see above tweet) that he could be the last scholarship. Former 5 star recruit.

https://247sports.com/Player/Moussa-Cisse-46056433/

Wow this would be a great get for the basketball team. If they use that last scholarship, I hope it goes to a center type player. A poster on a Memphis message board believed Oklahoma State will get his commitment.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/status/1411063462646669318?s=19

Moussa Cisse - 6'10" 220 pound Center from Memphis. Cisse averaged 6 points, 6 rebounds, 1.6 blocks.

There are some rumors brewing online (see above tweet) that he could be the last scholarship. Former 5 star recruit.

https://247sports.com/Player/Moussa-Cisse-46056433/

Wow this would be a great get for the basketball team. If they use that last scholarship, I hope it goes to a center type player. A poster on a Memphis message board believed Oklahoma State will get his commitment.
Seems to be a lot of smoke about Cisse to Oklahoma State. Good get for Boynton, if so. Super talented player with a ton of upside and exceptional athleticism.

It will be interesting to see who gets the start at the 5.

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
I doubt Obabor will end up at OSU. If he did tho, OSU will have a chance to finish in the top 5. I have serious doubts that OSU will be good enough to finish in the top 5. With the exception of Anderson, scoring points will be hard to come by.
We return 56 points a game from last years roster. That includes six players who averaged between 7 and 12 points a game. I’d argue guys like Avery, MAM, Walker and Kalib are capable of having breakout years and upping those averages. We also added Bryce Thompson who averaged 4.5 points in his true freshman year on a solid KU team while he also battled injuries. Thompson has the potential to average double digits next year. I think we’ll be fine in the scoring department.

Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
We return 56 points a game from last years roster. That includes six players who averaged between 7 and 12 points a game. I’d argue guys like Avery, MAM, Walker and Kalib are capable of having breakout years and upping those averages. We also added Bryce Thompson who averaged 4.5 points in his true freshman year on a solid KU team while he also battled injuries. Thompson has the potential to average double digits next year. I think we’ll be fine in the scoring department.
The one thing I am concerned about is how our spacing will be this year, we return players like B. Williams who has shown he can shoot, but not so consistent. Now saying that I am hoping Keylan Boone, Walker, Harris or D. Williams will step up and be that guy, the more the merrier. Of course wrapped up in all of this is the potential of what Thompson can do, he has all the tools to average around 12-15 per game, I think he is a key to if our offense can be as effective as last year, if not maybe more consistent as a group, rather than relying on Cade to make a play at the end of the shot clock.

ArizonaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011
The one thing I am concerned about is how our spacing will be this year, we return players like B. Williams who has shown he can shoot, but not so consistent. Now saying that I am hoping Keylan Boone, Walker, Harris or D. Williams will step up and be that guy, the more the merrier. Of course wrapped up in all of this is the potential of what Thompson can do, he has all the tools to average around 12-15 per game, I think he is a key to if our offense can be as effective as last year, if not maybe more consistent as a group, rather than relying on Cade to make a play at the end of the shot clock.
I think we might be more difficult to defend next year. Cade was a great player but I think our team would get stagnant and wait for Cade to make a play. Thinking we might move the ball better, but we definitely need at least on person to be the laser eyed sharp shooter to open the court up.

Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
I think we might be more difficult to defend next year. Cade was a great player but I think our team would get stagnant and wait for Cade to make a play. Thinking we might move the ball better, but we definitely need at least on person to be the laser eyed sharp shooter to open the court up.
For sure as much as i love Cade that was one problem with our offense last year, as well as getting late starts to begin the game, which I have heard that was Cade feeling the game out and allowing our other players to get involved more. Man what i would give to have a Phil Forte or a Keiton Page on our team next year, ggggeeezzzz!!