Consolidated Basketball Recruiting 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
Anybody learn about what's going on with the Pena kid that left during the season. He was an athletic freak with a ton of upside. I remember Boynton hinting there might be a chance for him to return. Has he transferred anywhere?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
While obviously many of the things said about Boynton in this video were nice to hear and kind of in line what we are gathering about Boynton's character. Does anyone else find this odd that this video was made? I mean, who's filming it? This type of stuff is just bizarre to me.
Yeah. Its all I could get out of the video. I didn't even hear what was said, just wondered WTF was up with a video like that.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
While obviously many of the things said about Boynton in this video were nice to hear and kind of in line what we are gathering about Boynton's character. Does anyone else find this odd that this video was made? I mean, who's filming it? This type of stuff is just bizarre to me.
Yeah. Its all I could get out of the video. I didn't even hear what was said, just wondered WTF was up with a video like that.
Could be some crew like an ESPN crew, that's following the recruiting process of some high-level athletes. And so they had them sit down with each of the different schools that he was looking at and they just had a little honest discussion between him and his dad.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2010
Trey Alexander: what's up w/this guy? Heck of a player! Not hearing much news on him.........just was offered by UW Milwaukee and Creighton.???
Twitter has him being recruited by Oregon, Arizona, Wichita State, Boston College, Texas Tech, Iowa State with offers from the two schools you mentioned. This guy is like a top 50 player in some rankings right? Seems a little odd to me that more offers aren't out there for someone who is ranked like this. Must be something out there.

May 8, 2007
OKC
Anybody learn about what's going on with the Pena kid that left during the season. He was an athletic freak with a ton of upside. I remember Boynton hinting there might be a chance for him to return. Has he transferred anywhere?
He posted something somewhat crytpic or some type of hidden message on his IG. He tageed OSU Basketball & it reads - I'm so lowkey wit it, I dont need media or no attention from nobody. Im jus that guy & yall gonna say the same. 100.
Not sure what that means unless he's saying he's ready to come back. Speculate away.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Not that I’m rooting for it, but I’m pretty shocked that the other in-state large public institution hasn’t secured Trey Alexander’s commitment. I don’t think they will at this point, the longer it goes, the more I imagine further away schools will have made in-roads with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I wonder how much time they invested into Bryce and if that cost them with Trey.

Something is going on there. Why haven't any high majors immediately offered?
I think they have? I don’t think Auburn dropped him, but they just kind of recruited over him with transfers and he didn’t like it.

From 247 on Trey on May 5th:

“247Sports ranking: 82

Who is involved: Arizona, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Oregon and Western Kentucky among others.

Latest scoop: A four-star prospect, Trey Alexander was originally committed to Auburn but had a change of heart earlier this spring. A product of Oklahoma City (Okla.) Heritage Hall, Alexander has good size at 6-foot-4 and has always been very capable when it comes to hitting pull-up jump shots. In college, he’s looking for an opportunity to make plays off the dribble and the chance to play some point guard would be very intriguing to him. His recruitment could take some time to sort out.”

Sep 23, 2010
I think they have? I don’t think Auburn dropped him, but they just kind of recruited over him with transfers and he didn’t like it.

Who is involved: Arizona, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Oregon and Western Kentucky among others.

Latest scoop: A four-star prospect, Trey Alexander was originally committed to Auburn but had a change of heart earlier this spring. A product of Oklahoma City (Okla.) Heritage Hall, Alexander has good size at 6-foot-4 and has always been very capable when it comes to hitting pull-up jump shots. In college, he’s looking for an opportunity to make plays off the dribble and the chance to play some point guard would be very intriguing to him. His recruitment could take some time to sort out.”

His only offers he holds are from Creighton and UW Milwaukee. Everyone else is beating the bushes with him.

Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
www.tulsalawyer.org

Looks he wants to make an impact right away and have a chance to start as a freshman.
Auburn basketball: Trey Alexander says Tigers didn’t keep their word (usatoday.com)

Oct 30, 2007
We're loaded in the backcourt. Ice, AA, Thompson, Walker, & Williams (if he returns) are all good enough to start. I won't lose any sleep over Trey Alexander, because I'm already worried that there won't be enough minutes to go around to keep all of our guards happy. That's a good problem to have.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

Looks he wants to make an impact right away and have a chance to start as a freshman.
Auburn basketball: Trey Alexander says Tigers didn’t keep their word (usatoday.com)
I mean, it’s smart. Imo more recruits should think like that.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Ou may not have room for him. They already have 3 commits and 3 transfers. At least 3 of those are guards I believe. Fun fact; they have a 4 star guard from Waxahachie, I hope he doesn't turn out to be as good as a certain other player from that city.

Sep 23, 2010
There will be competition for starting positions at every school. 13 schollies means there will be at least 2-3 guys at your position. And as a guard, there could be 7-8 guys you compete with at all 3 positions.