Consolidated Basketball Recruiting 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 20, 2013
Hey guys, I was going try and consolidate the recruiting news into one thread. Obviously everyone saw that Woody Newton is committed.

I saw several other posts about Sahvir Wheeler (Georgia), Trey Alexander (Auburn), Jaxson Robinson (A&M), Bayron Matos (New Mexico), Jonas Aidoo (Headed to Tennesee), Jalen Cone (headed to Northern Arizona).

Let me know if there were any I missed.

Jan 5, 2011
Also the long center from DePaul, I haven’t seen any news on him committing yet. I’m all for a consolidated thread discussing possible options. What’s everyone’s wish list at this point in the portal? Any combination of Thompson, Alexander, Robinson, Matos would be awesome. Hopefully we can land a few more solid players (one big, another shooter/scorer)

Jun 14, 2011
Hey guys, I was going try and consolidate the recruiting news into one thread. Obviously everyone saw that Woody Newton is committed.

I saw several other posts about Sahvir Wheeler (Georgia), Trey Alexander (Auburn), Jaxson Robinson (A&M), Bayron Matos (New Mexico), Jonas Aidoo (Headed to Tennesee), Jalen Cone (headed to Northern Arizona), Bryce Thompson (Kansas), Nick Ongenda (DePaul), Woody Newton ('Cuse, headed to OSU), Jayden Gardner (ECU, we are not in his final list).

Let me know if there were any I missed.
Edited your list to add a few more.

Wheeler is the only guy I can get excited about at this point, with Alexander a distant second. We didn't make Gardner's final list, but he would have been an awesome get. Hope to be proven wrong about anyone else we pick up and I'll feast on the crow if it comes to that. I think we end up with one of Thompson/Robinson/Alexander and then one of the bigs. In my opinion, missing out on Aidoo and Gardner are huge losses.

While I don't know that this is the only factor working against us, it sure would be nice if the NCAA could get their $hit together and provide a ruling one way or the other... Fat chance, I know.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2013
According to 247, here are the top undecided players in the portal with their rankings

B Thompson - SG - Kansas .9923
A Miller - PG - Illinois .9884
J Coleman-Lands - PG - Iowa State .9859
D Davis - CG - Stanford .9809
J Robinson - SG - A&M .9770
D Morsell - SG - Maryland .9685
K Tandy - CG - Xavier .9652
J Nickelberry - CG - Louisville .9566
J Young - PG - Rutgers .9414
C McNeilly - SG - A&M .9323
T Williams - SG - Minnesota .9314
T Grant Foster - SG - Kansas Kansas .9250

J Hamlin - C - Illinois .8800
A Igiehon - C - Louisville .9794 - High Schooler
Ira Lee - C - Arizona .9766 - High Schooler
J Aku - C - A&M .9264 High Schooler
M Mitchell - C - Minnesota .9212 High Schooler

N Reuvers - PF - Wisconsin .9723 High Schooler
C Walker - PF - Tennessee .9703 High Schooler
Brooks - PF - Washington .9693 High Schooler
T Mitchell - PF - U Mass .9673 High Schooler

T Cherry - SF - Az State .9873 High Schooler
H Coleman - SF - Duke .9808 High Schooler
C Bishop - SF - Creighton .9211 High Schooler

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Basketball/TransferPortal/

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
Also the long center from DePaul, I haven’t seen any news on him committing yet. I’m all for a consolidated thread discussing possible options. What’s everyone’s wish list at this point in the portal? Any combination of Thompson, Alexander, Robinson, Matos would be awesome. Hopefully we can land a few more solid players (one big, another shooter/scorer)
DePaul center recommitted to DePaul today.

Jun 20, 2013
Hopefully a stud to take next year to the next level. Anyone else beginning to think NCAA will announce their conclusion on the appeal in August about 8 hours after the end of the signing period?

Aug 19, 2006
Well, based on his highlights the kid can definitely dunk. Seems like a cross between Kalib and MAM.

The last Tyreek that came through these parts definitely made an impact. Welcome aboard!

Sep 23, 2010
He obviously has good size and athletic ability, but we are getting some guys with some very underwhelming production. I guess he's an upgrade over Kouma as a guy who takes minutes at the 5 and maybe some at the 4.

Beard just scored another kid that avg 15ppg and 9reb in the SEC after securing the Bishop kid from Creighton. The signed the Utah transfer who avg like 15-16ppg. They signed a kid who started a bunch of games for Kentucky.

We still have a couple more to go. Hopefully we can secure a proven contributor. I don't doubt these guys can't add depth, length and athleticism to our team. But man, it sure would be nice to snag a kid that the other team was very upset about losing.

Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
It is pretty obvious that we are not getting any headliners until the NCAA thing is done. Cade ticked them off and they want the hold this over us as long as they can.
Cade is one of a kind for sticking with us, although his brother probably played some role too, but none the less my second favorite team next year will be where ever Cade ends up, kinda hope said team is the Thunder :runaway:

Feb 7, 2011
The quality of the competition in the practices increased with the two transfers. Both Woody and Tyreek will contribute. Hopefully they will mature and see the progress. I do not think either of them are “projects.”

Nov 6, 2010
I think the biggest recruiting win for us this class will be to make sure AA comes back for another year. Going to need his ball handling with all these forwards we're signing.

Aug 19, 2006
HCMB must feel good about what Chris Harris and Donovan Williams will bring next year in terms of outside scoring. Hopefully both get healthy and return at full speed.

Jan 5, 2011
HCMB must feel good about what Chris Harris and Donovan Williams will bring next year in terms of outside scoring. Hopefully both get healthy and return at full speed.
I hope they both come back 100% and ready to contribute. Harris seems like a glue guy on the bench with the guys, hopefully he can break into the mix as well. With that being said I’m sure boynton has been heavily recruiting Thompson and Alexander just depends if he can land one.

Last edited: