Colorado voting machines compromised ?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The FBI is now investigating after the Colorado Sec of State notified the Dept of Homeland security of a suspected breach of state voting machines in May.

The machines had been put away in storage after the 2020 election and there has been no Elections since. However, in May, images of stored voting machines in a Rural county in Colorado started popping up online of the inside of their Voting machine lock up storage and was being shared on Conspiracy theory websites. This was a secure site only accessible to The County Clerk. The County Clerk has since said she allowed someone who is a non city worker access to the room on May 23rd this year. She is also one of the people who speaks at My Pillow events and is claiming that this is nothing more than a ploy by the State AG to take over the voting count in a Republican county in the State.

No elections have occurred since, and the federal officials confirmed the alleged breach posed no significant risks "at this point," Griswold said earlier this week.
The allegations involve images of election management software used by Mesa County election's equipment that were obtained by conspiracy theorists.
Griswold's office said it believes one of the images was taken on May 23 from a secure room where the equipment was stored and accessed by Peters, another county elections worker and a non-employee.

Griswold's office identified the non-employee but refused to say anything more about who he is or why he was there. The Associated Press isn't naming him until more information becomes available. He has not been charged with a crime.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-co...h-probe/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab8d&linkId=128269055

Last edited:

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
The FBI is now investigating after the Colorado Sec of State notified the Dept of Homeland security of a suspected breach of state voting machines in May.

The machines had been put away in storage after the 2020 election and there has been no Elections since. However, in May, images of stored voting machines in a Rural county in Colorado started popping up online of the inside of their Voting machine lock up storage and was being shared on Conspiracy theory websites. This was a secure site only accessible to The County Clerk. The County Clerk has since said she allowed someone who is a non city worker access to the room on May 23rd this year. She is also one of the people who speaks at My Pillow events and is claiming that this is nothing more than a ploy by the State AG to take over the voting count in a Republican county in the State.

No elections have occurred since, and the federal officials confirmed the alleged breach posed no significant risks "at this point," Griswold said earlier this week.
The allegations involve images of election management software used by Mesa County election's equipment that were obtained by conspiracy theorists.
Griswold's office said it believes one of the images was taken on May 23 from a secure room where the equipment was stored and accessed by Peters, another county elections worker and a non-employee.

Griswold's office identified the non-employee but refused to say anything more about who he is or why he was there. The Associated Press isn't naming him until more information becomes available. He has not been charged with a crime.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-co...h-probe/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab8d&linkId=128269055
The demand for voter fraud is far greater than the supply.

I meant the county commissioner admitted to allowing unauthorized access to the site to drum up controversy and cast elections in doubt. This is in line with the narrative she is trying to push. She should be immediately removed from office at the very least, and be investigated for criminal negligence.

Last edited:

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN

Ok, so let me get this straight.

A local government official, who possibly felt the last election was fraudulent, allowed someone access to secure voting machines who had no business being around them. This leads to the possibility that the individual could have tampered with the voting machines in a way that could lead to voter fraud the next time they are used. And the local government official is upset about it because the state may have to intervene to ensure the voting machines are fair. But the official claims it's really an attempt by the state government to commit voter fraud.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

1333 instances of fraud over 20 years in all US elections during that time period, all with figures coming from a conservative think tank.

I'll take nothingburger for 1000 Alex.
“This database is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list. This database is intended to demonstrate the vulnerabilities in the election system and the many ways in which fraud is committed.”

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
“This database is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list. This database is intended to demonstrate the vulnerabilities in the election system and the many ways in which fraud is committed.”
That is a claim that is meant to make the issue sound more concerning that it actually is. This is the most exhaustive list i have found anywhere and there isnt evidence of additional cases at this time.

Plus, they make press releases like this one whenever they verify more claims: https://www.heritage.org/election-i...-swells-1285-proven-cases-voter-fraud-america

Doesn't it seem odd to do that and then downplay those same findings?

There is about as much evidence of mass voter fraud as there is for the flying spaghetti monster.

Last edited:
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
That is a claim that is meant to make the issue sound more concerning that it actually is. This is the most exhaustive list i have found anywhere and there isnt evidence of additional cases at this time.

There is about as much evidence of mass voter fraud as there is for the flying spaghetti monster.
You can't prove there is no flying spaghetti monster.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009

Plus, they make press releases like this one whenever they verify more claims: https://www.heritage.org/election-i...-swells-1285-proven-cases-voter-fraud-america

Doesn't it seem odd to do that and then downplay those same findings?

I don’t think I made the claim of mass voter fraud, just that in state elections so close it doesn’t take much.

I didn’t take a side or make a claim about 2020.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Now all of a sudden some people WANT to investigate...I thought the voting machines were beyond reproach.
Well, there is actual evidence of unauthorized access to the machines. You know, the thing that was missing from all of the previous assertions.

Something tells me you want to dowbplay this persons political affilitation cause it doeant fit your narrative.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Well, there is actual evidence of unauthorized access to the machines. You know, the thing that was missing from all of the previous assertions.

Something tells me you want to dowbplay this persons political affilitation cause it doeant fit your narrative.
I could care less about the person's political affiliation, this should be investigated regardless of that. I just find the hypocrisy of some amusing.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
I could care less about the person's political affiliation, this should be investigated regardless of that. I just find the hypocrisy of some amusing.
Very nice straw man. No one on this board argued against investigating voter fraud when there was evidence of it.

The issue is that there wasn't evidence for it in 99% of the claims in the first place. Now there is evidence for one claim to investigate. See the difference?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Very nice straw man. No one on this board argued against investigating voter fraud when there was evidence of it.

The issue is that there wasn't evidence for it in 99% of the claims in the first place. Now there is evidence for one claim to investigate. See the difference?
Come on! you know evidence doesn't matter to these people. Recently Republican led voter fraud investigation in Arizona had the head of the movement say publicly there was evidence showing the election in Arizona was NOT interfered with and there was no Fraud and that Biden won.......They FIRED HIM and replaced him after this. Cause they have already made up their minds and are going to find someone who will say there WAS fraud.

Their report is about to come out soon. I'm sure it will claim wide spread fraud...because evidence doesn't matter.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
I don’t think I made the claim of mass voter fraud, just that in state elections so close it doesn’t take much.

I didn’t take a side or make a claim about 2020.
Certainly you didn't. But, we ALL know the honest to the bone god fearing democrats would never compromise their divinely inspired integrity and stoop to such a level. Only republicans lie, cheat, and steal, get bj's in the oval office, sell s#!tty paintings for outrageous prices, fondle/sniff little girls, fondle big girls, deny genetic science, support race baiting bigots, allow thousands of unvaccinated illegals into the country during a pandemic, attempt to defund the police, etc, etc, etc. Shame on you for not recognizing your betters.

Aug 16, 2012

Going to preface this with my not having determined where I stand on this just yet, but want to point out that the machines were reportedly accessed at a time when there were no active elections and any future election participants are completely unknown at this time so there is actually no evidence of voter fraud in this case either. Improperly accessing the machines (if it is determined to be unauthorized) in of itself does not automatically imply voter fraud no more than video of pulling purported boxes of voting slips out from under tables did. Before every election the machines have to be programmed after all contestants have been filed; all bills, motions, levies, etc. have been placed on the ballot, and that cannot possibly be known in May. I guess it would be possible to insert a worm that reads just the (D) or (R) behind a contestant's name, but again, before these are used again, they will go through at least one more round of programming and if any tampering was done, it would likely be discovered during the dry runs that are performed as part of every reprogramming. But who knows at this point? They could have been taking a chip to analyze or the CC could have been wanting to brag about her access to the machines and was showing off. Not enough proof of anything at this point, just an act of apparent stupidity that could not have affected any past election.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Going to preface this with my not having determined where I stand on this just yet, but want to point out that the machines were reportedly accessed at a time when there were no active elections and any future election participants are completely unknown at this time so there is actually no evidence of voter fraud in this case either. Improperly accessing the machines (if it is determined to be unauthorized) in of itself does not automatically imply voter fraud no more than video of pulling purported boxes of voting slips out from under tables did. Before every election the machines have to be programmed after all contestants have been filed; all bills, motions, levies, etc. have been placed on the ballot, and that cannot possibly be known in May. I guess it would be possible to insert a worm that reads just the (D) or (R) behind a contestant's name, but again, before these are used again, they will go through at least one more round of programming and if any tampering was done, it would likely be discovered during the dry runs that are performed as part of every reprogramming. But who knows at this point? They could have been taking a chip to analyze or the CC could have been wanting to brag about her access to the machines and was showing off. Not enough proof of anything at this point, just an act of apparent stupidity that could not have affected any past election.
I think this is a pretty fair assessment of what happened. The main thing is that physical access to machines is a pretty big issue since it is the biggest risk for successful tampering, not remote hacking which is much, much more difficult.

Aug 16, 2012
I think this is a pretty fair assessment of what happened. The main thing is that physical access to machines is a pretty big issue since it is the biggest risk for successful tampering, not remote hacking which is much, much more difficult.
BTW, the machines are moot now. This actually all started several months ago but is getting new legs due to the Mesa CC running off her mouth at the pillow guy's circle jerk earlier this month. The machines cannot be used in any upcoming election and if not replaced, the county will have to hand count the votes.

Also for clarification on the issue, Dominion employees were in the room performing a software upgrade but for an unknown reason, a yet-to-be-identified person accompanied them. Those in the know apparently are aware of who he is but are not revealing his name for some reason. As such, a couple of my what-happened scenarios above would not be applicable. None of this explains why the Mesa CC instructed the video systems to be turned off (a week before the upgrade work) or why it remained off for several months.

Do not think voter fraud occurred, but

A) the Mesa CC needs to be fired. Even if everything turns out to be above board, she clearly has no business running the show.
B) someone needs to explain who this extra guy was and why he was there (including the Dominion guys). C) is the chip that was posted on a QAnon site actually from one of those machines. Feds are on it but note they do not think any election outcomes have been compromised. What could have happened? Who knows at this point.

Edit---some stories noted photos of a chip were posted to right-wing sites but apparently is was passwords purportedly for programming access. Which brings up the question, if you stole a password so you could manipulate an election in your favor...why would you post it on a website? Nothing makes sense other than the overt preponderance of impropriety that warrants the county clerk being dismissed, if for nothing else, going to the pillow talk.

Last edited: