Colorado PAUSE act

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa

In the United States, food waste is estimated at between 30–40 percent of the food supply. This figure, based on estimates from USDA’s Economic Research Service of 31 percent food loss at the retail and consumer levels, corresponded to approximately 133 billion pounds and $161 billion worth of food in 2010. Wasted food is the single largest category of material placed in municipal landfills...

https://www.fda.gov/food/consumers/food-loss-and-waste

Imagine the impact on climate change if you just stopped wasting so much food.

Something for you tomorrow.

Stop Food Waste Friday
If the American populace would just eat more offal we wouldn’t need as much cattle. I do your part by eating tripa, cabeza, and lengua on taco Tuesday. Eat liver and onions once in a while. Oxtail soup in the winter. Put beef tallow in deer burger.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
Lmao... Now Bob Funk and Gov Stitt are trying to "steal" ~$50mil right out from underneath Colorado's nose.

https://www.ktul.com/news/local/gov-stitts-peta-prank-could-pull-millions-into-the-economy

https://cattlemenscongress.com/

Cattleman's Congress is now an annual stock show in direct competition with the National Western Stock Show held on the same dates... but in OKC. Go get 'em guys! :thumbup::pistols:
They are not trying to steal it, it’s a done deal. Every breed association has asked their members do you want to go back to Okc or the liberal hellhole of Colorado that wants to make meat production illegal. Of course the results have been overwhelmingly Okc. How does a city get $50 mil back?
It’s all fine with me. We were never able to exhibit in Denver but Okc is right in our back door. We really enjoyed the event.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
I enjoyed Denver, but it was really cold. Now we just need to get the rodeo as well.
I’ve talked to a lot of my friends who have shown in Denver and they all hated it. Between the sorry facilities (sick for two weeks afterwards) and a staff that makes it as difficult as possible (middle of the night move ins) they are happy to kiss Denver goodbye.
Rumor is after they tore out part of it for the new renovations the city turned it into a homeless camp.

I’m just hoping this will spur some interest for improvement to the Okc fairgrounds. The electrical and wash rack situation is horrendous. Packing all of the cattle from one breed into one are made the problems a lot worse than they should have been.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
It appears it’s dead this time around. I’m sure the lunatics will be back again with another measure in the future.

For anybody not familiar with animal husbandry and the language of this bill here is a real life example. We had a heifer calve in the heat of the afternoon a couple of weeks ago. I could tell she was exhausted and probably not going to make it on her own. I ended pulling the calf and both of them are doing great. Under the language of this measure I would have broken the law because I put my hands into her vagina to put the chains on the calf’s legs. If I would not have done that both of them would have probably died.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
Obviously there are a few fellow cattle owners on this page. What are your thoughts in this market we are in? Does it keep going up? Are we going to get to 2014 levels? I keep hearing of large momma cow runs in the northern states.
I have a friend who bought a load of 4-5 YO’s short bred to opens for $875 out of Montana.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Obviously there are a few fellow cattle owners on this page. What are your thoughts in this market we are in? Does it keep going up? Are we going to get to 2014 levels? I keep hearing of large momma cow runs in the northern states.
I have a friend who bought a load of 4-5 YO’s short bred to opens for $875 out of Montana.
They are in big trouble up north. If he got 4's to 5's he better feed them up hard, cattle coming out of range drought just struggle through the winter in a huge way. I speak from hard earned and expensive experience.

Last edited:

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
If we could figure out what corn is going to do it would sure help. I’m cautiously bullish cattle. We sure need to kill more and that will go a long ways toward getting some leverage back. Naturally, the packers are going to try to keep our pants pulled down. I think we sell fats over $1.30 this fall.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
If we could figure out what corn is going to do it would sure help. I’m cautiously bullish cattle. We sure need to kill more and that will go a long ways toward getting some leverage back. Naturally, the packers are going to try to keep our pants pulled down. I think we sell fats over $1.30 this fall.
That's a good summary.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Some cull cows were bringing .90-.95 at Fairview last week. Is this the sign of times to come? I’ve kind of assumed with the herd liquidations happening up north and our west the cull market would crater for a while.
The pace of liquidation has slowed, the price will drop when they start weaning spring calves and the next cull starts.