College Football Rankings Predictions?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 8, 2010
It’s like they said in introducing the show tonight - “It’s simple. Win!” If we can’t beat ISU and WVU” then we don’t deserve a playoff invite or a New Years Day Six bowl. We still control our own destiny and it begins in Morgantown!

Mar 8, 2010
If we win out, that means we had back to back wins vs uo and that will get us in. But what are the odds that Gundy can double his win total against the gooners in a single season?

Dec 2, 2008
SC
If we win out, that means we had back to back wins vs uo and that will get us in. But what are the odds that Gundy can double his win total against the gooners in a single season?
I don’t think that would even get us in. It’s obvious with Bama at 2 that even with the addition of more members to the CFBPO committee, it still leans SEC/tradition heavy. If we were to beat The goons back to back, it would just be written off as them having a down year with a freshman QB.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
* Surprised by the 1-loss teams being in over undefeated teams.

* I was prepared for Bama being Top-4, but not #2.

*. Don’t see how Notre Dame in at #10, but Cincinnati got very little lift by winning against the Irish.

* Sets the stage for 2 SEC teams being in the Play-Offs.

*. Big-12 Champ looks to have a tough road in to the Top-4.

*. ACC Champ pretty much no shot…

I know it is only the 1st ranking, but some really odd placements it looks like to me.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
What a complete and absolute joke. According to their own rankings we have a better win than 4 of the 5 one loss teams ranked ahead of us. Also, could they send any clearer message that the Group of 5 are not welcome in the CFP.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
What a complete and absolute joke. According to their own rankings we have a better win than 4 of the 5 one loss teams ranked ahead of us. Also, could they send any clearer message that the Group of 5 are not welcome in the CFP.
They're just preparing us for the four conference super league that is to come. Everyone else gets left out. My interest in college football has tanked this year and it's really because now the vast majority of teams and all but 4 conferences are soon to be irrelevant. This is just moving us more in that direction.

Oct 11, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
You can say all you want "just win and you're in" but this placement matters. It sets the standard for who is allowed a slip-up and who isn't, when it comes down to close calls between teams and the "eye test."

It DOES matter where you start.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I think Baylor will beat ou and if we win out we will only play them once. Not sure we can beat Baylor twice but I don’t think we will have to beat ou twice. Bottom line none of this matters unless we win Saturday first. One foot in front of the other.

Sep 17, 2019
Edmond
If we actually ever go to 12 teams it'll help this ridiculous SEC bias. Well other than them finding a way to get 6 SEC teams into the playoff. This poll is a bit of a joke... Bama's schedule hasn't been daunting to this point and to have a loss within the games played has to be considered. The committee is looking at them like an undefeated team. Oregon at 4 tells me they either aren't watching games or are only doing it so they can have Ohio St set up where they want them. Michigan ahead of OU is also a joke and ND has proven nothing. One that no one is talking about is Miss. St who is 5-3 at 17. Thats an insane ranking. ISU would likely beat that team by 10 points...

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Is the "eye test" really just how many eyes the committee thinks will watch certain games...sure seems like reality of performance has little to do with this ranking.

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
The process is corrupt and all about money. In our case, IF we were to win out, and IF OU were to win out, and IF we were to beat them twice (which would defy all historic odds), the corrupt selection committee would reason that OU must not be very good if OSU beat them twice in the same year so therefore the Big 12 is in a down year and is not worthy of a playoff spot.

Unfortunately, for those teams NOT in the club, the corrupt selection committee can use whatever criteria they want to make their "branding" selections to appease major sponsors like Tostitos, Budweiser, Coke, Pepsi and others come playoff time. I would be curious to know if any representatives of the selection committee have interactions with or receive financial gain from any representatives of the sponsors listed above during the year. Kind of like an NIL for the selection committee members. Hmmmm?

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
I'm torn on Cincinnati. I don't actually think it was that much disrespect to them. They beat Notre Dame and that is IT. They have struggled vs some weak competition which probably hurt them, but their strength of record, even with the Notre Dame win, was worse than Wake Forest and OU, and they were still ahead of them. Their only other win vs a team with a winning record is UCF. It's easier to go undefeated when you can sleepwalk through 90% of your games, that's just the way it is. Putting them at 6 still gives them an outside chance.

I am perplexed at how Alabama is higher than Michigan State

Sep 17, 2019
Edmond
I'm torn on Cincinnati. I don't actually think it was that much disrespect to them. They beat Notre Dame and that is IT. They have struggled vs some weak competition which probably hurt them, but their strength of record, even with the Notre Dame win, was worse than Wake Forest and OU, and they were still ahead of them. Their only other win vs a team with a winning record is UCF. It's easier to go undefeated when you can sleepwalk through 90% of your games, that's just the way it is. Putting them at 6 still gives them an outside chance.

I am perplexed at how Alabama is higher than Michigan State
Don't forget Oregon who lost to 3-5 Stanford. They are just disregarding losses by their favorites...