Coach Kenny

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 25, 2010
Hell yeah. I'm so happy to be wrong. The numbers were real from A&M. I would like to see the pay he is getting. Hope its at least 300 or so.

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I would gladly make a small donation to a softball stadium fund, as I'm sure a lot of people would, if it was available. I know they look for a big name donor to get it going, but they need to capitalize on the excitement and get average, everyday fans involved in funding this for the Cowgirls!

Dec 17, 2011
Gundy has said it a million times about how he is excited for osu football with our AD and president, but we are seeing it for all sports now. This is awesome.

Aug 26, 2004
Hell yeah. I'm so happy to be wrong. The numbers were real from A&M. I would like to see the pay he is getting. Hope its at least 300 or so.
My wife works for the College of Pharmacy for A&M and she stated that she heard a rumor that they would make a run at (500k per year) coach G. Anyone else hearing this?
But you were not wrong. You were just spreading rumors that you heard, that your wife heard, at a Pharmacy. All hearsay.

Sep 29, 2006
looks like he makes around 200k.Needs to be at 400k
One huge positive that most don’t realize when talking about spending money on softball, our very own President Dr Casey Shrum went to college on a Softball scholarship to Connors State. It’s probably a little personal for her-in a good way-she has lived it and would likely love to bring a women's Natty in a major sport to Stillwater. I would think she is in on the fund raising effort.

Dec 17, 2011
One huge positive that most don’t realize when talking about spending money on softball, our very own President Dr Casey Shrum went to college on a Softball scholarship to Connors State. It’s probably a little personal for her-in a good way-she has lived it and would likely love to bring a women's Natty in a major sport to Stillwater. I would think she is in on the fund raising effort.
I did not know this! That is really cool! I can see that, she's doing such a great job so far and I'm excited for more.

CowboyVenus

An orange light stuck in the crimson darkness
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2010
Norman, OK
He has a long way to go to achieve what Gundy has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You are completely wrong. He has turned softball into at minimum a top 8 program in six years without good facilities.

Kenny G is stealing the best talent in the state away from Oklahoma. Tallen Edwards the best player in the state and #3 player in the 2023 class reclassified to be in Stillwater in the fall. When has Gundy done that?

Kenny G literally just beat maybe the best OU softball team ever to win the Big 12 Title!

You might as well start arguing with me about how you think the earth is flat if you think that Gundy is better than Kenny G.

Sep 29, 2006
You have that backwards, Gundy has a long way to catch Kenny.
This is probably a pretty good debate. Neither has been successful against OU but as scary as it sounds OU softball is much more dominate than OU football. Other than OU I would bet (without looking) KG’s record against the top 10 and top 20 is far better than Gundy’s with crap for facilities. KG has one conf tourney ring, Gundy 0. WCWS’s are probably close to being equal to a BCS play off. KG has three in a row, Gundy hasn’t sniffed one.
I’m not hating on MG, he’s been great for OSU, but his high level achievements are a bit lacking. Last year was arguably his best and that was primarily due to the DC’s efforts.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Softball as all other sports besides basketball will always be supported by football. What Gundy has done makes it possible for these sports to even exist. Gundy has earned every dime

Jan 14, 2006
Softball as all other sports besides basketball will always be supported by football. What Gundy has done makes it possible for these sports to even exist. Gundy has earned every dime

This is true. And why it's so important not to get left behind when the football conference realignment shakes out. Where we end up will affect our ability to compete in all sports.

That said, we have top 10 coaches in both football and softball and leadership who are finally dedicated to keeping and supporting them. Great time to be a Cowboy fan. Let's hope they can keep us in the big leagues.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
This is probably a pretty good debate. Neither has been successful against OU but as scary as it sounds OU softball is much more dominate than OU football. Other than OU I would bet (without looking) KG’s record against the top 10 and top 20 is far better than Gundy’s with crap for facilities. KG has one conf tourney ring, Gundy 0. WCWS’s are probably close to being equal to a BCS play off. KG has three in a row, Gundy hasn’t sniffed one.
I’m not hating on MG, he’s been great for OSU, but his high level achievements are a bit lacking. Last year was arguably his best and that was primarily due to the DC’s efforts.
The difference is Kenny has beat the goons when for a conference when they are having a historically great year. Gundy has never beaten a really good goon team.