Coach Dunn is a hero!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Pulled AJ from his burning vehicle is my understanding after AJ passed him in a no passing zone and had a head on…correct me if wrong….but I’m thinking Coach Dunn saved at least one life in this deal! Hero!!!

Aug 16, 2012
This is too weird. Not about me, but I was in Tulsa yesterday and instead of driving back to DFW, went to mom's in Cushing to spend the night. We are spitballing where to eat dinner and at the last minute decided against going to the Cafe 33 diner. Would have driven right through all this if we stuck to our original plan.

Hope everyone pulls through OK

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
This is too weird. Not about me, but I was in Tulsa yesterday and instead of driving back to DFW, went to mom's in Cushing to spend the night. We are spitballing where to eat dinner and at the last minute decided against going to the Cafe 33 diner. Would have driven right through all this if we stuck to our original plan.

Hope everyone pulls through OK
John Smith said tonight that a "large man" helped Coach Dun pull AJ out of the burning car...and then disappeared. No one knew who he was. John said I don't know what to make of this.

Aug 16, 2012
John Smith said tonight that a "large man" helped Coach Dun pull AJ out of the burning car...and then disappeared. No one knew who he was. John said I don't know what to make of this.
Nope.

But whomever it was I hope they put humility aside and let himself be recognized for his selfless actions

Sep 23, 2010
You wonder if we will ever get the story from Dunn. Sounds like he's dealing with how traumatic it was right now. But maybe after some time, we will hear from the athletes and Coach Dunn. An awesome story of OSU guys being there for each other.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
My BIL had a head on I-30 in Dallas on his way to a Morning run at White Rock Lake about five years ago about 4:30am. He's a marathon runner and raises millions for a charity every year. My better half and I once ran the NYC with his group. Anyway, someone came on to the highway going the wrong way, he topped a rise and could not avoid her...He was badly injured as both cars were traveling at a high rate of speed. He told my wife that some man showed up just then, like immediately after his car came to a stop and spoke with him that he was going to be ok and that help would arrive soon. Then he said, the man seemed to just vanish. Guardian Angles? I think so...but can't prove anything. It's nice to believe thought that a God cares for us enough to do that sort of thing. Even when we don't fully believe or understand, maybe especially then.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
My BIL had a head on I-30 in Dallas on his way to a Morning run at White Rock Lake about five years ago about 4:30am. He's a marathon runner and raises millions for a charity every year. My better half and I once ran the NYC with his group. Anyway, someone came on to the highway going the wrong way, he topped a rise and could not avoid her...He was badly injured as both cars were traveling at a high rate of speed. He told my wife that some man showed up just then, like immediately after his car came to a stop and spoke with him that he was going to be ok and that help would arrive soon. Then he said, the man seemed to just vanish. Guardian Angles? I think so...but can't prove anything. It's nice to believe thought that a God cares for us enough to do that sort of thing. Even when we don't fully believe or understand, maybe especially then.
God sometimes shows himself in unexpected surprising ways.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
The same thing happened to my son’s friend in Middle school. Their family’s car was rear ended by a semi and his friend was in the back seat and suffered severe head injuries resulting in some permanent damage effecting his left side (right brain injury). He nearly died and was in a coma for 4 months. Some unknown person was immediately there before any emergency workers, pulled him out as the family was still shaken from the impact and then never seen again after passing him off carefully to the paramedics. I believe God often uses living human beings as “Angels” putting them in the right place at the right time. When a person is one with Christ they are able to serve with complete trust and obedience without seeking any attention or reward after the fact, even shunning any recognition. I suspect something like this happened. I’m not saying there are not actual Angels as I believe there are. I just believe God uses his obedient people for miraculous things when they are attuned to his will.