City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
Tried Maria's, the new Mexican restaurant where Marco's used to be (House of Greek before that), very disappointing. I got the enchilada trio dinner, the sauce was basically canned tomato sauce with a little hot sauce mixed in, the cheese enchilada barely had any cheese in it and was so hard and crunchy it was basically inedible and the refried beans were so runny it was more like refried bean soup. The meat in the beef and the chicken enchiladas did have good flavor which brings it from a one star to two star.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Tried Maria's, the new Mexican restaurant where Marco's used to be (House of Greek before that), very disappointing. I got the enchilada trio dinner, the sauce was basically canned tomato sauce with a little hot sauce mixed in, the cheese enchilada barely had any cheese in it and was so hard and crunchy it was basically inedible and the refried beans were so runny it was more like refried bean soup. The meat in the beef and the chicken enchiladas did have good flavor which brings it from a one star to two star.
Speaking of Mexican restaurants, apparently a restaurant from Perry that is popular called Mariachi's Mexican grill, is coming to Stillwater in the white Barn estates

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 28, 2011
Speaking of Mexican restaurants, apparently a restaurant from Perry that is popular called Mariachi's Mexican grill, is coming to Stillwater in the white Barn estates

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
This will end up being the third (maybe fourth?) restaurant to fail in this location. It's not a good location for a restaurant, or any other business.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You are correct, Mariachi's is good though so maybe it will make it.
Agreed, Mariachi's was really good Mexican there at Perry. Place was always packed at lunch and dinner.

As others have mentioned, that location's a bit of a challenge and unless ownership has changed, there's a challenge there too.

The vision with White Barn Estates was a good one and there was a lot of money sunk into it, but the day to day operations of it were a nightmare. When the golf course was done and the lights were up, they initially had like a $25 for all you can play plus beer specials and I thought they were gonna kill it with that. Then, inexplicably, they didn't have night golf and went through 3 or 4 people running the golf in less than 2 years, and it went to crap.

Dec 6, 2020
Enid, OK
Interesting, I didn't know that about White Barn....I was there for a wedding party and really thought it was great. The couple had rented some of the empty houses so we walked home after the party.

May 30, 2012
Apparently we are getting a Dutch Bros coffee, I noticed a sign on a chain length fence around the parking lot they are tearing up near Little Ceasars.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Most people probably slept through it, but Stillwater got hit by a heat burst early Sat. morning, caused by a decaying thunderstorm. Temp went from 68 to 87. Humidity dropped to 30%. Wind switched from NW to ESE with gust up to 31 mph. Such weather events don't commonly happen, assuming we haven't been sleeping through a lot of them.

Last edited: