City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Flack is by far the last one I would vote for. Too dang often people running on being a highly conservative Christian and against abortion are phony. Besides, government doesn't run on religion. That is what the many churches are for.

To me, it was down to Ross or Bobo. When I went to Bobo's FB page and saw his introduction pic with his family all in masks, I knew I couldn't vote for him. That is not how you introduce yourself to others online. There are mos sensible ways that that offline to set a good example. So I voted for Ross, due to her past experience in being interested in city government.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
If nothing else, the recall vote lets our local politicians know there are a high number of voting age people in this town that are very unhappy with the permanent 'state of emergency' that's been declared. We haven't had any more lockdowns since the recall process started.
Then why couldn't they get enough signatures for the recall petition? If you want to get enough signatures you gotta hit busy street corners, like downtown, and hold up a big sign.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Flack is by far the last one I would vote for. Too dang often people running on being a highly conservative Christian and against abortion are phony. Besides, government doesn't run on religion. That is what the many churches are for.

To me, it was down to Ross or Bobo. When I went to Bobo's FB page and saw his introduction pic with his family all in masks, I knew I couldn't vote for him. That is not how you introduce yourself to others online. There are mos sensible ways that that offline to set a good example. So I voted for Ross, due to her past experience in being interested in city government.
I've known Riley long enough to know he is a very genuine and humble man. He really is for freedom over fear as he states. He believes it was not the city's right to make a mandate and he also believes that there is no dissenting voice in the council for anything and hasn't been for a while. He's been involved in the recycling committee and saw first hand how they have mismanaged it. He's against them spending time and money on stupid stuff like block 34 instead of working on street repairs. The underhanded way the property north of the library was sold to tuebner at a "fair" price when it was supposed to be for the Wondertorium.
If you are honestly going to say just because he's religious, that he's phony, then that's pretty sad. You should take the time to listen to him soak. Find the chamber of commerce and league of women voters forums. I think you judged him unfairly to be honest.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I'll give you one thing. At least you didn't vote for the snarky butt kisser bobo.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
For the first time in a long time, gas prices are over $2.00 everywhere in Stillwater. The cheapest as of Friday evening was at Murphy's by the N. Perkins Rd. Wal-Mart at $2.06 with a holy mackerel sunset as pictured. $2.06 is the cheapest in Stillwater as of Friday evening.

Interesting on late Friday morning how higher oil and gas prices prices coincided with one of the strongest earthquakes in Oklahoma in quite some time with a magnitude of 4.2. Five disposal wells near the epicenter were ordered shut down and 10 others restricted. Earthquake was west of Perry, one of the most earthquake prone areas of the state where there is a fault line.

Last edited:
May 20, 2014
Firehouse told me on Twitter that the closure was temporary. They did take down all the signs and some other company was selling their tables and chairs but I’m not sure what incentive there would be to lie about an already closed business.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Firehouse told me on Twitter that the closure was temporary. They did take down all the signs and some other company was selling their tables and chairs but I’m not sure what incentive there would be to lie about an already closed business.
Yeah, the sign company is the one selling the chairs and tables. Advanced Signs. Saw it on Facebook.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Made a quick trip to Stillwater over the weekend & good lord, 6th Street & Duck are flat out horrible in places.
It's why we need to be focusing on infrastructure. This city council has had no dissenting voices in the last few years. I mean, block 34.. really? Make it a park or sell it and move on.
TIF?? Stupid idea. Real estate... Local businessman, and a state representative, buy up space to make apartments. No new businesses coming in, but hey, let's let a business change buildings and qualify them for tif money.
Get our streets fixed.

Oct 22, 2005
Stillwater
ODOT is expanding Perkins from McElroy to Lakeview. Left turn lanes will be added at the intersections with raised medians added between the intersections. ODOT is also planning to rebuild 6th Street through town.

Nov 18, 2010
So, there are downed limbs all over town from the fall storm. Pick a street and there's piles of dead limbs on the curb. Yet, I've maybe seen the mulcher trucks 3-4 times in the last few months.

But today, on the way to the polls, guess what we see...the mulching trucks!
No, they're not on any of the neighborhood streets. They're in a highly visible location on the side of the road, right next to Indian Meridian polling location.

It may take an entire year for the local politicians to clean up after a storm, but you better believe, you'll see those trucks in action on voting day.

Serious question, why is it taking so long to clean up the downed limbs? Someone said they were waiting for 'disaster relief money'. But they got that a while back, right?

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
So, there are downed limbs all over town from the fall storm. Pick a street and there's piles of dead limbs on the curb. Yet, I've maybe seen the mulcher trucks 3-4 times in the last few months.

No, they're not on any of the neighborhood streets. They're in a highly visible location on the side of the road, right next to Indian Meridian polling location.

It may take an entire year for the local politicians to clean up after a storm, but you better believe, you'll see those trucks in action on voting day.

Serious question, why is it taking so long to clean up the downed limbs? Someone said they were waiting for 'disaster relief money'. But they got that a while back, right?
Finally got my limbs last week.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Stillwater had been working continuous since the announced date. I don't remember what day that was. Last week they picked up my street and said they were only 80% done.