City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
I r
The Facebook account is Preston Jenny Bobo. They share their account. Like a good little couple. I'm not sure what her bona fides are, but apparently from people that know them she is supposedly the more outgoing one and he was supposedly an introvert. But it appears this whole Corona thing and his prestige from speaking out has given him a little more confidence I guess you could say in his speaking abilities. So yes he's the one that goes to the city council meetings and he's the one that's always you know the face of all this and he's the one that's running for city council but it makes me wonder hearing that whether or not she is the one that writes all the speeches he gives and does all the stuff on Facebook. Who knows.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I really hope there is a concerted effort amongst the business owners in town to keep bozo the clown off the council. The guy actually wore a white lab coat while speaking at one of the school board meetings. He works for his dads toxic waste company. Somehow he thinks he is some kind of covid expert.

Perkins school posted on Facebook about starting in person again and specifically said this is for information only. Do not turn this into a message board. Well Bozo couldn’t help himself. The town locals kept calling him out and asked what his connection is and why does he even care. He actually said he drives through Perkins frequently so this is why he is so concerned.

I really wanted to tell him just hold your breath next time you drive through town and you’ll be fine.

I believe it's 2/9.. and it's have to look to see which seat he's running for. Look up Riley Flack for Stillwater city council.

There are quite a few people running for the seat. I’m afraid nobody will be really organized except for him and the other votes will be diluted down to the point he wins.

I think that Flack guy is the one who was trying to recall the whole council?? If that’s the case there are some real winners running this time.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Yep, that's the FB account that I always, always see on every single post. Trying to terrify people as much as possible on social media.

Anybody know when that election is held? I'd like to get out and help whoever is running against him and her. Because if team BoBo's thousands of FB posts represent what they truly believe, I'm 100% sure they'll try to lock down the town again, for as long as possible.
https://www.facebook.com/events/208760970977184/

May 30, 2012
I believe it's 2/9.. and it's have to look to see which seat he's running for. Look up Riley Flack for Stillwater city council.

There are quite a few people running for the seat. I’m afraid nobody will be really organized except for him and the other votes will be diluted down to the point he wins.

I think that Flack guy is the one who was trying to recall the whole council?? If that’s the case there are some real winners running this time.
Yes Riley Flack is the one who was trying to recall the City council members

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2010
The mayor and council locked down the town while simultaneously raising property taxes the maximum 5% (for the umpteenth year in a row.) So you weren't allowed to work and now your tax bill is higher.

Basically, medical martial law was declared after 1 person got covid in Payne county. (wasn't even in stillwater). My parents weren't allowed to leave their homes, until...I forget when.

Safety is great, but threatening fines if you leave your home (While raising property taxes) is completely disconnected from reality. We don't live in China or L.A. If there's political fallout for the people who decided when we could leave our homes, then I don't have a problem with it. Get somebody in there with a cooler head. Need some leaders that don't overreact and make panicky posts on FB all the time.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2010
If nothing else, the recall vote lets our local politicians know there are a high number of voting age people in this town that are very unhappy with the permanent 'state of emergency' that's been declared. We haven't had any more lockdowns since the recall process started.

Flack has earned my vote for helping stop the lockdowns.

I know there's a lot of liberally minded professors and families in stillwater. (I voted for the current dem mayor and spent 20 years leaning left.) But this year, I'm voting for my own job security. (And the town's survival).

If they lockdown the town again, enrollment will go down, students will find other 'online universities' to attend, and professors will start losing their jobs.

Say what you need to say on social media, but when the curtain closes, vote like your job depends on it. Because the university can't have in-class classes, this town will start to wither away.

Anyway, thanks for the vote date. See ya at the polls.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So was just driving down 6th Street and noticed that Firehouse subs has nobody inside, no lights on, and there is a for lease sign in front of it.

What's very odd about it is I was just in there about a week ago or a week and a half, and they didn't say anything about closing.

Also the old Marco's Pizza across the street from Firehouse subs apparently has some activity going on inside.

Last edited:
May 30, 2012
So was just driving down 6th Street and noticed that Firehouse subs has nobody inside, no lights on, and there is a for lease sign in front of it.

What's very odd about it is I was just in there about a week ago or a week and a half, and they didn't say anything about closing.

Also the old Marco's Pizza across the street from Firehouse subs apparently has some activity going on inside.

Google says they are temporarily closed.
We tried to go there for lunch on Tuesday and were sadly disappointed.
I hope Firehouse doesn't close like Pie5 did.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Aug 11, 2004
Newkirk, Ok
The mayor and council locked down the town while simultaneously raising property taxes the maximum 5% (for the umpteenth year in a row.) So you weren't allowed to work and now your tax bill is higher.

Basically, medical martial law was declared after 1 person got covid in Payne county. (wasn't even in stillwater). My parents weren't allowed to leave their homes, until...I forget when.

Safety is great, but threatening fines if you leave your home (While raising property taxes) is completely disconnected from reality. We don't live in China or L.A. If there's political fallout for the people who decided when we could leave our homes, then I don't have a problem with it. Get somebody in there with a cooler head. Need some leaders that don't overreact and make panicky posts on FB all the time.
What do you mean they raised property taxes? I didn't think cities could collect property taxes in Oklahoma.

Oct 1, 2006
Lagos, Nigeria

According to the Firehouse website, it's "temporarily closed". Whatever that means.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

According to the Firehouse website, it's "temporarily closed". Whatever that means.
Maybe they are the ones moving across the street? Maybe it's cheaper rent!?

Oct 1, 2006
USA
www.yahoo.com

I've been told a new local Mexican restaurant is going in at what was formerly Marco's.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I've been told a new local Mexican restaurant is going in at what was formerly Marco's.
Another one?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater

No, it was really Gov. Stitt, who only partly locked down Stillwater for businesses judged "non-essential" and a minority of the 77 counties. People need to be against Gov. Stitt for shutting things down last spring. People on the opposite side, though, thought he opened things back up too sign and didn't issue a statewide maskwear requirement.

Cities may use property taxes only to pay the debt on bonds approved by voters. So what bonds did the city of Stillwater pay, this assuming city councils can legally raise property taxes.

For proof of my point: https://kfor.com/news/local/gov-sti...es-to-close-in-counties-affected-by-covid-19/

Last edited: