City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

savagerebel

Payne County Redneck
A/V Subscriber
Apr 16, 2008
Stillwater
I think this Dave and Buster's thing is a hoax. There in nothing on their website showing Stillwater as coming soon. There is also nothing on the city website from development services that issues permits for building.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I think this Dave and Buster's thing is a hoax. There in nothing on their website showing Stillwater as coming soon. There is also nothing on the city website from development services that issues permits for building.
I think so, too. If Norman can't have a Dave and Buster's, then neither can Stillwater.
Honestly Norman doesn't need one because there's already several competitors in the arcade and entertainment arena it would just be another high-priced burger joint with too much competition. But I honestly think it would be good for Stillwater to have something like this either one of the pizza joints that has arcades and things or a Dave & buster something like this that would at least have more appeal for families.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Honestly Norman doesn't need one because there's already several competitors in the arcade and entertainment arena it would just be another high-priced burger joint with too much competition. But I honestly think it would be good for Stillwater to have something like this either one of the pizza joints that has arcades and things or a Dave & buster something like this that would at least have more appeal for families.

Exactly. Andy Alligator's is pretty much a Dave & Buster's that's been in Norman awhile now.

Beyond that, it's a pipe dream that Stillwater would land a Dave & Buster's. Just look at their locations & Stillwater would be a complete outlier to the rest of the cities that have one.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country

Ok, so one vote for Chuck-E-Cheez!

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Exactly. Andy Alligator's is pretty much a Dave & Buster's that's been in Norman awhile now.

Beyond that, it's a pipe dream that Stillwater would land a Dave & Buster's. Just look at their locations & Stillwater would be a complete outlier to the rest of the cities that have one.
Well I've heard nothing back from corporate.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Ok, so one vote for Chuck-E-Cheez!
Or Hey Day entertainment, or Incredible Pizza.. or.... I can't think of the other one...

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I want an In-n-Out burger
Ain't happening for awhile Joe, but it'll get there!

Their model calls for a 250 or 300 mile radius between their production facilities & the restaurants they serve.

Here in Colorado, they're finally putting one in in Colorado Springs, but unfortunately, that's not close enough for you yet.

Can't wait to get 'em up here in the Denver area.

Aug 16, 2012
I had them once, I was not impressed.
Concur. Had them four different times at three different shops in three different states including their home state. Not a bad burger by any means, but was quite frankly, boring. Braums is better IMO not to mention the premium burger places like Mooyah and Five Guys.

Aug 16, 2012
I vote for a Pappadeaux
If you are going there, go for the Quad-fecta. Papasitos for Mexican, Pappas Burgers for a knock-your-socks-off burger and Pappas Brothers for melt-in-your-mouth steaks. All owned by the Pappas Family out of Houston and they typically develop multiple shops in close proximity to each other.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
If you are going there, go for the Quad-fecta. Papasitos for Mexican, Pappas Burgers for a knock-your-socks-off burger and Pappas Brothers for melt-in-your-mouth steaks. All owned by the Pappas Family out of Houston and they typically develop multiple shops in close proximity to each other.
Yum!

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Ain't happening for awhile Joe, but it'll get there!

Their model calls for a 250 or 300 mile radius between their production facilities & the restaurants they serve.

Here in Colorado, they're finally putting one in in Colorado Springs, but unfortunately, that's not close enough for you yet.

Can't wait to get 'em up here in the Denver area.
I've heard that. We don't have any beef processing plants in Oklahoma?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
When In-N-Out Burger first opened in 1948, the company only provided a basic menu of burgers, fries and beverages. The foods it prepared were made on-site from fresh ingredients, including its french fries which were sliced and cooked to order. Unlike other major competitors in the hamburger fast food restaurant business (Burger King, McDonald's and Wendy's), as the chain expanded over the years, it has not added products such as chicken or salads to its menu since 1976 and has never changed its preparation methods.
The company utilizes a vertical integration model for its raw ingredients, procuring and manufacturing much of its food supplies in-house. The company does not utilize freezers in its operations, shipping food daily to its stores from its facilities. Instead of a broad menu like other competitors, In-N-Out has become known for its "secret menu", or unadvertised variations of its burgers that are based on customer preferences, such as the popular "Animal Style."