City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 10, 2004
Stillwater
How much longer does Bad Brad's last on the westside of town? I bet they wish they stayed on the eastside of town since Smokin Joe's' went in out west.

There are at least 5x the cars at Smokin Joe's compared to Bad Brad's when I go by.Bad Brad's quality has dipped and I am hearing the same opinion from many people I talk to.Seems like Bad Brad's is too focused on whisey,live music,and cornhole instead of good bbq.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Are you talking about Casa Agave Mexican restaurant in the old El Vaquero location?
I drive by but they don’t have a sign up yet. Two flag waving in front or near the frontage road. I read that Palominos and El Vaquero were closed by Federal agents DOJ due to illegal immigrants working there.

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I drive by but they don’t have a sign up yet. Two flag waving in front or near the frontage road. I read that Polomino and El Vaquero were closed by Federal agents DOJ due to illegal immigrants working there.
And human trafficking. The immigration thing is a slap on the wrist you don’t close over. They had a slave trade

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
How much longer does Bad Brad's last on the westside of town? I bet they wish they stayed on the eastside of town since Smokin Joe's' went in out west.

There are at least 5x the cars at Smokin Joe's compared to Bad Brad's when I go by.Bad Brad's quality has dipped and I am hearing the same opinion from many people I talk to.Seems like Bad Brad's is too focused on whisey,live music,and cornhole instead of good bbq.
Bad Brad’ is either owned by the owner of Freddie Paul’s or the owner of Bad Brad’s originally worked at Freddie Paul’s is my understanding is what I was told when I was eating at Freddie Paul’s last year.

I drove by Freddie Paul’s last week and they are taking down or removing the golf range or miniature golf area so Freddie Paul’s may be expanding or they will make additional parking.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Bad Brad’ is either owned by the owner of Freddie Paul’s or the owner of Bad Brad’s originally worked at Freddie Paul’s is my understanding is what I was told when I was eating at Freddie Paul’s last year.

I drove by Freddie Paul’s last week and they are taking down or removing the golf range or miniature golf area so Freddie Paul’s may be expanding or they will make additional parking.
What???

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.

Freddie Paul's does not own Bad Brad's. The owners do know each other and Bad Brad tried to get Freddie Paul to buy him out a few times over the years while he was on the east side of town.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
The gossip you hear at these places or from talking with waitress or bar tender must not be accurate is my guess. Bad Brads is always busy when we eat there so they must have some fans.

Oct 22, 2005
Stillwater

The Freddie Paul's owner also owns the storage place behind the restaurant. They're expanding the storage facility into the driving range.