City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
You heard it here first, Shake’s Frozen Custard coming to the old Charlie’s Chicken lot on 6th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No way
I have some inside scoop on that company…since I’m the owner :) I’ve been dying to bring it to Stillwater. Should start construction this winter and open in the spring . I will always miss the fried Charlie’s dinner rolls though!

OranGE-KK

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 11, 2011
I have some inside scoop on that company…since I’m the owner :) I’ve been dying to bring it to Stillwater. Should start construction this winter and open in the spring . I will always miss the fried Charlie’s dinner rolls though!
I see what you did there

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Awesome to have it back in town

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
That’s right, I think it was maybe a Winchell’s Donuts before our franchisee opened there. This will be a company owned location. We’ve spent 10 years trying to get out of franchising. I’m a control freak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Stillwater needs to upgrade or build a new terminal if they begin having multiple airlines with four to eight daily flights. SW does many short commuter flights throughout Texas.

For professionals who mostly work as consultants many of us are now home based using tele-health, but still have some in person meeting so if the price of flying to DFW was cheaper I would consider flying to DFW two-days per week to compliment my current 3-days per week work schedule with my current contract.

I believe some attorneys and businessmen fly frequently to DFW on a daily or weekly basis from Oklahoma and their flights expenses are deductions on their yearly income taxes. It would be good to have flights to KC, Denver, St Louis, Bentonville, Orlando, and Las Vegas out of Stillwater.

Allegiant Airline would be a perfect fit for Stillwater as they connect with most of the entertainment places and have lower rates.

I live near or less than a mile from the Stillwater Airport and drive through there at least once a week. There is building or construction going on and seems increased air traffic this past year.

With all the speculation about Amazon buying UPS or Fed Ex or both it would seem that an Airport similar to Stillwater would be ideal for Amazon since there are many empty warehouses that would be able to be retrofitted for the supply chain of Amazon. Amazon is always advertising for employees in Stillwater so they must have business here.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2013
I am hoping a Chicago flight but probably just an additional trip to DFW daily.
One I’ve heard is United to Chicago. They used to fly out of regional airports in smaller KS towns. This would be huge and should include a shout out to our Senators and a couple of Reps for keeping the AA flights going to DFW when CoVid 1st hit.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
One I’ve heard is United to Chicago. They used to fly out of regional airports in smaller KS towns. This would be huge and should include a shout out to our Senators and a couple of Reps for keeping the AA flights going to DFW when CoVid 1st hit.
Senator Inhofe, who is into flying planes, played a large roll in funding to get air service back to Stillwater in 2016. He also got funding to totally redo Highway 33 from Guthrie to Perkins, which also helps Stillwater. The person most likely to replace him, Mullin, advocates fiscal restraint. So, I'm not voting for him in November. If I'm right, Inhofe still hasn't endorsed Mullin.

Maybe someone else can, but I can't think of anything major that Sen. Lankford secured funding for in Oklahoma. I pay federal income taxes every year, so don't mind if some of it can come back to Oklahoma or Stillwater area.

Last edited: