Chuba NFL bound

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2006
Chuba was clearly hurt all year. I don't think he quit on anything. A 70% Chuba doesn't help him or the team. He should heal up for the combine and go put on a show.

He had one of the best seasons in Cowboy history and will represent our school in the NFL for years to come.

Good luck in the draft Chuba and Go Pokes!

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
The good:
1. He was incredible in 2019. He had a really special season.
2. He's a great kid that came back to get his degree and attempt to win a championship.

The bad:
1. The T-shirt kerfuffle should've happened internally instead of though social media. He did apologize though.
2. He protected himself all year. You can make a strong argument that he wasn't even our best RB this year.
3. He's putting himself before the team by opting out early for the NFL.

His career here has been a wild ride. I wish that this year would've turned out differently for him. I'll be pulling for him to have success in the NFL. Hopefully he doesn't end up in Cleveland.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2015
Tulsa
  • Great kid. Big heart. A True Cowboy. He bleeds orange and black. He could've easily gone to a higher profile school. He probably should've declared for the NFL draft last year. He followed his heart in both cases by putting his faith into the culture of the program. It's a real shame going into his last year at the school that Gundy broke his relationship with the fans, which you could see in the hateful divide on Chuba's social media replies, but the kid felt like he had to take a stand against a coach that was badly lacking in self awareness. Everyone should respect that show of courage on his part by doing the right thing.

Apr 7, 2006
I had a lot of respect for his attitude and work ethic last year. In hindsight- I wish he would've parted ways during the summer or preseason. Something was off all year and his body language during games seemed to me that he wasn't enjoying himself- for whatever reason.

Good luck to him.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
  • Great kid. Big heart. A True Cowboy. He bleeds orange and black. He could've easily gone to a higher profile school. He probably should've declared for the NFL draft last year. He followed his heart in both cases by putting his faith into the culture of the program. It's a real shame going into his last year at the school that Gundy broke his relationship with the fans, which you could see in the hateful divide on Chuba's social media replies, but the kid felt like he had to take a stand against a coach that was badly lacking in self awareness. Everyone should respect that show of courage on his part by doing the right thing.
Kyle is that you?

Apr 7, 2006
I don't see it as courage- I see it as mishandling something and creating a public distraction in the process. It was convenient and easy at the time with how much social unrest there was.

I'm not saying Gundy was free of any responsibility in how things went, but Chuba was far from courageous in my opinion. If he talked to Gundy first before going to Twitter I would absolutely see it differently.

Nov 18, 2011
It’s really a shame. Prior to the issues this summer, he was beloved. He was regarded as a classy, humble, hard working guy. After what happened, I heard a lot of alumni folks that were either turned off to football this season or they made clear they weren’t a fan of his. Watching the ESPN series, I never thought his attitude seemed quite right either. Not sure how much injury factored in to his play or if that was just kinda being used as coverage for underperforming. That stuff seems to be said quite often.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Don't let the door hit your behind when you leave. Pompous arrogant dude is what he is.
Pretty much. Just glad I dont have to cheer for him anymore. Guy quit before the season had even begun. Caused nothing but grief in the pre season over a t shirt. All I can say is good luck in the NFL lol. The guy lost millions by coming back and showing his ass to everyone.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Chuba was clearly hurt all year. I don't think he quit on anything. A 70% Chuba doesn't help him or the team. He should heal up for the combine and go put on a show.
I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume it was because he wasn't at full speed, not because he quit on anything. Our O-line being at 50% didn't help Chuba.

I'm old school enough I typically think if you start a season you finish a season, but he needs to take care of himself and go get his paycheck. It's been a tough year.

I don't think he was necessarily "used" by friends in his ear, but he was caught up in the trends just like a bunch of 7th graders who want an in thing because everyone else got one for Christmas. I think he's genuine and gave this school plenty. I hope he leaves here with positive memories and proudly carries the OSU banner the rest of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.