Championship Game!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Defensive Battle 9-6 BAMA at half! I think OSU would have been able to compete or beat both of these teams. Very boring game so far with blitzing on both sides. I guess no one throws screen passes anymore to negate the blitz.

Aug 16, 2012
You need to delete this thread. Do not read posts here? Never wonder why halfway through the game one had not been started already??

DELETE

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
You need to delete this thread. Do not read posts here? Never wonder why halfway through the game one had not been started already??

DELETE
No one really cares about this game and not many are watching. Our defense would have kept us in this game. It’s a shame these teams were both in the CFP.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I agree with Slow...didn't watch one second of it because sec sec sec....didn't want to give them my eyes for ratings. Glad Geogia won, at least it wasn't Bama again. Plus Monken.

Dec 26, 2011
Stillwater
I wanted to hate it, but the second half was awesome. One wide receiver getting hurt was all that was needed. You could feel the Georgia energy in the second half running the ball down Bama’s throats and the crowd barking. You could feel the 40 year release through the tv

Great game! 2 best teams in the country hands down. The playoff worked perfectly tris year. Stetson Bennett is what the sport is about. Props to Bryce Young. He had no help from his line or those “receivers” and the doom was obvious, but his body language never wavered.

Putting your heads in the sand and saying the sec is overrated seems like a fun and effective strategy for the rest of you

Sep 6, 2011
I coach a HS robotics team and our season just kicked off on Saturday, so I was plenty happy to spend my evening at our facility with the team doing prototyping and equipment inventory instead of watching the SEC championship game again. I had already switched my Sling package back to the one that does not include ESPN after our bowl game anyway and likely won't see that channel again until sometime next fall.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Refusung to watch and see the huge difference between those two teams and everyone else, including us, also seems fun.
That’s the rhetoric they try to shove down our throats…

Alabama:
2 points better than 6-7 Florida
2 points better than 6-7 Auburn (blew it)
6 points better than 6-7 LSU
7 points better than 9-4 Arkansas
3 points worse than 8-4 aTm.

Alabama could obviously beat any team in the nation. That being said, there are quite a few teams capable of beating them.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I wanted to hate it, but the second half was awesome. One wide receiver getting hurt was all that was needed. You could feel the Georgia energy in the second half running the ball down Bama’s throats and the crowd barking. You could feel the 40 year release through the tv

Great game! 2 best teams in the country hands down. The playoff worked perfectly tris year. Stetson Bennett is what the sport is about. Props to Bryce Young. He had no help from his line or those “receivers” and the doom was obvious, but his body language never wavered.

Putting your heads in the sand and saying the sec is overrated seems like a fun and effective strategy for the rest of you
Trying to bring down the ratings is not saying the sec is overrated...However it only had two teams in the top 10 and the Big 12 has 3 and 4 if you count Cinci...Big 10 is the only other conference with more than 2 in the FINAL top 10. Big 12 had the best bowl record of all power five conferences...So it's fair to say that the Big 12 is underrated and the SEC is overhyped...if not overrated. Those of us who did not watch did it specifically in order to not add our eyes to an all SEC final when you had only four teams and 2 of them were SEC that just played in the last game of the season, it's just not that interesting to me.