CFN.com Preview: Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2006
Am I the only person that still thinks we are going to lose even though we are the better team and should win????
I just see Gundy playing not to lose running the ball up the middle into an 8 man front, while Lincoln brings 10 trick plays and 10 new formations to the party and out coaches Gundy AGAIN.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Am I the only person that still thinks we are going to lose even though we are the better team and should win????
I just see Gundy playing not to lose running the ball up the middle into an 8 man front, while Lincoln brings 10 trick plays and 10 new formations to the party and out coaches Gundy AGAIN.
We are favored and have won 10 games...I'm going to think we can and will win...but you be you and continue to doubt. We don't know, it's a toss up game...past results shouldn't matter this game is against a backstabbing lying cheating school that left to what they see as greener pastures without even a phone call. I think we leave it all on the field both as coaches and players while I think our fans will bring it more than ever. We have been conservative the entire year, all it's done is given us 10 wins out of 11 games. Did you think that would happen after the Missouri State and Tulsa games? Yes, this is the best team we have played besides Baylor and we need to play a great game in order to win and overcome some of our injuries on offense. I think we will. Go Pokes!

Jan 14, 2006
I think we either dominate and win like 38-10 or lose in a heartbreaker.

I'm oddly confident, but the injuries on offense have me worried. If we get Sills, Godleveski, Pressley, Warren and at one of the Cowboy backs at full strength, we score a bunch and win easily.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
He won’t out coach JimMFKnowles.

Nov 18, 2011
No, you are certainly not alone in those thoughts. I’ve said many of times I don’t trust Gundy with this one game. I’m happy with Gundy as HC except one week of the year.

I fully expect an ultra conservative offensive game plan, putting it all on the defense. And I expect ou will run Williams a lot, like the Jalen Hurts year, and then throw it deep and pick on our corners. What happens if they hit on a couple those and we all know Bedlam, they’ll likely get an unexpected one on D or special teams. As good as the D has been, I don’t see them shutting out ou (Riley). We need to have an offensive mindset that we need to be in the 30’s to win this one.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
No, you are certainly not alone in those thoughts. I’ve said many of times I don’t trust Gundy with this one game. I’m happy with Gundy as HC except one week of the year.

I fully expect an ultra conservative offensive game plan, putting it all on the defense. And I expect ou will run Williams a lot, like the Jalen Hurts year, and then throw it deep and pick on our corners. What happens if they hit on a couple those and we all know Bedlam, they’ll likely get an unexpected one on D or special teams. As good as the D has been, I don’t see them shutting out ou (Riley). We need to have an offensive mindset that we need to be in the 30’s to win this one.
If Williams is running a lot I don't think he'll make it into the 3rd quarter. And his passing doesn't really scare me either. If we don't kill ourselves with turnovers we'll kick their ass.

Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
That would typically be my attitude, but the way Gundy has always coached in this game actually plays to our team’s strengths this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

If they "run Williams a lot" vs this defense he won't make it to halftime...more less the 3rd quarter. This is a different animal than past teams. We win with defense, I just hope we score more than 24 and if we do...we win. Remember that old saying, "defense wins Championships?" Well, we finally have one and we are going too.