CFN.com Preview: Oklahoma State vs. Texas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
exactly…I just don’t get it why others think it will open up for Texas to compete at a high level. When they struggle here in the Big 12 with the resources that they have.

I believe OU will win multiples SEC titles before Texas will ever play for one.
Gonna be a long century for the whorns then

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
exactly…I just don’t get it why others think it will open up for Texas to compete at a high level. When they struggle here in the Big 12 with the resources that they have.

I believe OU will win multiples SEC titles before Texas will ever play for one.
Just let them and A&M have their pissing contest. Ou will be the new real threat in the west

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I do not understand where you are coming at? Texas has always had the money and recruiting base to be competitive. And they fall short of expectation. Year after year. In the Big 12 recruiting class over the last decade…Texas is ranked 1st in recruiting. 61% of their recruiting are blue chippers but yet they are 6th in the Big 12 in wins %. Just how do you think they are going to do better in the SEC? They could surprise me and be very competitive But I doubt it. I still have Texas losing two more(Iowa St and Baylor).

This article is from Feb. 2020…closest I could find dating past 5 yrs.

http://sportstreatise.com/2020/02/the-last-decade-of-big-12-recruiting/
Is it something in the water in Austin that will keep top recruits from performing to expectation from now to the end of time?

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I’ll repeat this again, Texas A&M has been more competitive than they were in the Big 12. The SEC isn’t better as a whole than the Big12, they simple get more attention from the media and people believe what they hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.