CFN.com Preview: Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Damn, I hate to say it out loud, but this is historically when we drop the ball. The minute we start to get national pub, we seem to always nip it in the bud with a loss. Now typically that's been against ou, but still, squinky.....
Boo this poster! Take it back, meanie head!
I call for nothing short of banishment from Stillwater for the rest of his life.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Damn, I hate to say it out loud, but this is historically when we drop the ball. The minute we start to get national pub, we seem to always nip it in the bud with a loss. Now typically that's been against ou, but still, squinky.....
I think it's much easier (and expected) for an offensively supported team to drop the ball. Defense is solid and won't faulter.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
It's the Eddie Sutton approach. Offense comes and goes as shots fall but defense can be a consistent weapon.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
For what it's worth, TCU was pretty bad at pass defense. Their passing efficiency defense rank was 116th coming into our game with them.

Texas Tech is 123rd.

Tech is 47th in the nation against the run, so they're not as terrible as TCU was, but if the running game gets a push early in this one, it could get nasty quickly. Spencer Sanders has been nicely efficient lately, and he could end up carving up Tech if they drive him to it.