CFN.com Preview: Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 4, 2005
So a win this weekend, an OU win or Baylor loss punches our ticket to the CCG correct?
Correct, bc if UT-Norman beats us they go with one loss and we have the head to head tiebreaker with Baylor.

But more likely is we beat UTN and play Baylor bc they have the head to head tiebreaker with them, if Baylor wins out which is far from a given, KSU is playing good right now.

Nov 8, 2013
The announcers work for the university, and as such are subject to the same NCAA and conference rules. Including telling fans to not throw trash on the court no matter how bad the officiating is (during a timeout)
Did Billy Tubbs get a fine or suspension when he said that years ago?

Dec 11, 2011
There are more tweets, they go on close to ten minutes
Thanks! I didn't realize there were more clips. Went and listened and it was as expected. That main guy is a Tech hack for sure. Now I kinda want to watch the whole game to see the leadup events too...

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Correct, bc if UT-Norman beats us they go with one loss and we have the head to head tiebreaker with Baylor.

But more likely is we beat UTN and play Baylor bc they have the head to head tiebreaker with them, if Baylor wins out which is far from a given, KSU is playing good right now.
But if all 3 win, we have to win bedlam correct?

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
But if all 3 win, we have to win bedlam correct?
If OSU, OU, and Baylor win this weekend we are guaranteed a spot. That would give ISU 4 conference losses. OU and OSU would have 1 loss, Baylor 2. At that point in the final week, we beat OU we play Baylor in the Championship game because they have the tie breaker over OU. We lose Bedlam, we play OU in the Championship because we have the tie breaker over Baylor.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
I don't see the defense giving up 24 points. Iowa State's defense is a MASH unit right now. Their best player and reigning Big 12 defensive POY, Mike Rose, is clearly nowhere near 100%. Of course Tech was going to move the ball a little on them.
I gotta say, that new TT QB got my attention. He was really accurate with his passes, and he can run. The TT offense looked really good, especially in the first half. That said, we've now had a week to study film (as with Morris at TCU last week,) so I think we'll be ready, but I'm a little more concerned than I was before they played ISU.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
I gotta say, that new TT QB got my attention. He was really accurate with his passes, and he can run. The TT offense looked really good, especially in the first half. That said, we've now had a week to study film (as with Morris at TCU last week,) so I think we'll be ready, but I'm a little more concerned than I was before they played ISU.
TTech did exactly what we should have done against ISU, they attacked the safety’s deep down the field with their inside receivers, the ISU defense is schemed perfectly against our offense and not against anyone elses, that’s why other teams have had good success against ISU this year.
Also ISUs best pass rusher was injured most of the game and barely played, ISU decided to rush 3 , play an 8 man zone, and get absolutely no pressure against TTechs freshman QB. He was able to run a little and pick their zone apart. He’s going to get the exact opposite Defense this week.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
I know, I know. Pokes play Tech this weekend. But bedlam is going to be sick on prime time.

https://twitter.com/danhammer11/status/1461163913286926340?s=21

Nov 6, 2010
Damn, I hate to say it out loud, but this is historically when we drop the ball. The minute we start to get national pub, we seem to always nip it in the bud with a loss. Now typically that's been against ou, but still, squinky.....

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Damn, I hate to say it out loud, but this is historically when we drop the ball. The minute we start to get national pub, we seem to always nip it in the bud with a loss. Now typically that's been against ou, but still, squinky.....
You, squinky and Tech can line up and kiss my ...

Our D is the difference now

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
To quote my wife, how much do you have to hate to say something before you just don't say it?