CFB Playoff #5 CFP, #5 Coaches, #5 AP

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Baylor doesn't have a Caleb Williams. He was amazing, especially since he is a freshman.
The only thing is Baylor did beat them worse than we did...with Caleb at QB. Match up? Mental? OU playing for their lives in Bedlam? Who knows but we need to take Baylor VERY seriously...they are a very very physical and stout team. Go Pokes! Beat the Bears!!
Baylor player lights out against OU, then OU played lights out against us... Baylor now has a different QB that "once again", we have this week's film on. Sounds like a recipe for a win for us

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
#1 Beat Baylor...this is the ONLY thing in our control.
#2 root for Georgia to win over Bama
#3 root for Houston to win over Cinci
#4 root for Iowa to win over Michigan

These five things happen and we are the two seed vs Georgia. #1 needs to happen or nothing else does. Our first priority is to make the conference championship...we did...the second priority is to win it...everything else is gravy.
We would not play Georgia first round as a 2 seed.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
#1 Beat Baylor...this is the ONLY thing in our control.
#2 root for Georgia to win over Bama
#3 root for Houston to win over Cinci
#4 root for Iowa to win over Michigan

These five things happen and we are the two seed vs Georgia. #1 needs to happen or nothing else does. Our first priority is to make the conference championship...we did...the second priority is to win it...everything else is gravy.
5?

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
This week's CFP ranking will be very interesting. I think OSU could be anywhere from 3-7 with a couple of those spots being obviously more unlikely. The committee through the years has shown it's not like a normal poll, they can move teams up and down multiple spots any given week. I think certainly we will be behind UGA and Michigan still, so best we could do is #3.

3 - A pretty big longshot, but if the committee decides this week that they know they will let us in no matter what if we beat Baylor, this would be the way to tell everyone.

4 - Probably also a longshot. If we're #4, the question will be who is #3 & 5. If it's Bama at 5, it's less significant because they would still leap us with a UGA win. If it was Cincy at 5, it would be just as significant as if we were #3 - basically guaranteeing a win and in

5 or 6 - These seem to be the most likely, but like I said, the committee sometimes does whatever it wants. This would be chalk other than if we were 5, we leaped Notre Dame

7 - Another longshot of the committee saying they still believe tOSU to be a top 6 team despite the loss, and would be enraging. This would be similar to #3 in that the committee is making a statement, basically saying they aren't impressed with the Big 12, and we'd need lots of help.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Is it possible to beat Baylor and potentially get a #3 seed? Imagine playing #2 Michigan in Arlington! Basically a home game
Assuming CFP puts us at #5 this week like the Coaches/AP, we beat another top 10 team this weekend and #1-3 win their games, I can't possibly see how that wouldn't be enough to leap frog Cincinnati to the #3 spot even if they ARE undefeated...

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Assuming CFP puts us at #5 this week like the Coaches/AP, we beat another top 10 team this weekend and #1-3 win their games, I can't possibly see how that wouldn't be enough to leap frog Cincinnati to the #3 spot even if they ARE undefeated...
I sure hope so. I want to play Michigan in the Cotton Bowl very much more than Georgia in the Orange Bowl.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I sure hope so. I want to play Michigan in the Cotton Bowl very much more than Georgia in the Orange Bowl.
I just don't see how their undefeated record with 2 wins against top 25 (at the time) opponents would be superior to our 1 loss with wins against 5 top 25 (at the time)... That "0" is worth something but it's not worth THAT much...

Nov 8, 2013
Blind test for 4 CFP contenders:

Team A’s opponents have 79 wins (41 P5 wins)
Team B’s opponents have 77 wins (40 P5 wins)
Team C’s opponents have 71 wins (40 P5 wins)
Team D’s opponents have 64 wins (10 P5 wins)

Guesses?