Capitol police warn House of possible attack tomorrow

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
R’s don’t have higher standards than D’s. R’s would do everything D’s do if they could get away with it. D’s just have more built in advantages.
Assume you mean the Media as a built-in advantage for Democrats? It is a huge advantage to further a narrative, but it is not going to go away anytime soon.

I am sure some thought the addition of Fox News in the mid-90s might curtail the effectiveness of the media telling a slanted story. But that has not occurred, and news is even more biased than ever. Shoot, even fake news on SNL tends to only focus against one political side.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
No. They have cover. D’s are just as cowardly and willing to sell out as R’s are.
Well I agree the Dems have the media covering for them (and hollywood and education and) which makes it easier. But they shoved obamacare through knowing it would cost them control of Congress. I just don't see the Reps doing something similar.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
Well I agree the Dems have the media covering for them (and hollywood and education and) which makes it easier. But they shoved obamacare through knowing it would cost them control of Congress. I just don't see the Reps doing something similar.
R’s have done similar things. Pushing through SCOTUS noms and the like. That’s just placating your base which both sides do time to time.

Sep 22, 2011
So are you trying to say that you don't agree with the Democrat politicians that not only didn't call out the violence over the summer but encouraged it had rhetoric towards it, and started funds to bail out the rioters when they were arrested?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Correct, its all bad, and if we dont stop it, stop carrying water for it, stop deflecting from it, stop instigating it, we will watch this country go down in literal flames.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
Assume you mean the Media as a built-in advantage for Democrats? It is a huge advantage to further a narrative, but it is not going to go away anytime soon.

I am sure some thought the addition of Fox News in the mid-90s might curtail the effectiveness of the media telling a slanted story. But that has not occurred, and news is even more biased than ever. Shoot, even fake news on SNL tends to only focus against one political side.
Fox News just helped expose the MSM further. Trump did the same thing. The MSM finally dropped the veil entirely.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Have you ever noticed that folks who want term limits on congress always mean YOUR congressman, not the one they voted in again...

Sep 22, 2011
Fox News just helped expose the MSM further. Trump did the same thing. The MSM finally dropped the veil entirely.
If you are still watching MSM at this point, its your problem not theirs, its like smoking at this point. Everyone knows what is wrong with the MSM (including Fox news) if you are still watching it is because you are succumbing to your own addiction.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
If you are still watching MSM at this point, its your problem not theirs, its like smoking at this point. Everyone knows what is wrong with the MSM (including Fox news) if you are still watching it is because you are succumbing to your own addiction.
I don’t think “everyone knows” what is wrong with the MSM, or FNC, or OAN, etcetera. I think there are a lot of true believers out there but that’s beside the point. At the end of the day when the national press corps is corrupt, there’s no one to keep our pols accountable.

Sep 22, 2011
I don’t think “everyone knows” what is wrong with the MSM, or FNC, or OAN, etcetera. I think there are a lot of true believers out there but that’s beside the point. At the end of the day when the national press corps is corrupt, there’s no one to keep our pols accountable.
except for the voter, unfortunately we are too tied up in the culture wars to see that the ruling class, Both Rs and Ds are all in this together. There is only one team in this county, and most likely if you are on this board, you aren't on it. That is the entire core of all of my posts on here, the oligarchs win the culture war any time we spend time on that and not on asking why they are so powerful.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
except for the voter, unfortunately we are too tied up in the culture wars to see that the ruling class, Both Rs and Ds are all in this together. There is only one team in this county, and most likely if you are on this board, you aren't on it. That is the entire core of all of my posts on here, the oligarchs win the culture war any time we spend time on that and not on asking why they are so powerful.
I think the voter needs the press though in order to be effective. I think our founders knew that as well. But what you are saying about the establishment is right on and the MSM is more establishment than anything out there. That’s why despite me not voting for Trump in ‘16, I grew to root for him because the entire establishment hated him. That resonated with me. Trump threatened the establishment but at the end of the day he didn’t have the tools or skills to do that much damage to them. Hopefully someone comes along that does. In my mind we’re all but the proverbial banana republic as it is so perhaps the damage is irreparable.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Oligarchs?

Hooo boy (lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
Im curious what you would call hyper rich people who hold every lever of power in this country?
You mean the hyper rich —- meaning the 1% of households that pay 40% of the nations taxes?
Or the incredibly hyper rich - the .1% that Sen. Warren wants to charge an extra $300B/year in her wealth tax?

Not arguing that hyper rich don’t have significant power, but to make claims that they hold every power level in this country is a simplistic overstatement. Free speech is an important tool fighting that ans with myriad more avenues for speech now available in the last 20 years — power is available to a wider range of people — if they know how to wield.

I think we saw in the last election there is a large flaw in Piketty’s argument about our country’s power structure.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Oligarchs?

Hooo boy (lol)

Im curious what you would call hyper rich people who hold every lever of power in this country?
Hyper rich are ........ hyper rich. Their individual differences, needs and wants represent as large a spectrum as the voting public.