Cancelling the National Anthem

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
Please point out the exaggeration.
He also conveniently failed to mention that Floyd had enough drugs in his system to kill a Clydesdale .
People don't die of opiate overdose from opiates already taken suddenly in the middle of a struggle. It makes no sense at all.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22417834/
Our study provides extensive data for postmortem peripheral blood concentrations after therapeutic non-fatal fentanyl patch application and demonstrates once more that in forensic toxicology, blood concentrations must be holistically interpreted with respect to all aspects of a case.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1556-4029.2007.00481.x
There was also considerable overlap between fentanyl concentrations in fentanyl‐related overdose deaths compared to hospitalized patients being treated for chronic pain. Fentanyl concentrations in postmortem cases must be interpreted in the context of the deceased’s past medical history and autopsy findings.
Is it not possible he took them in the car sometime before the altercation and fell asleep? That is a rhetorical question. No need to answer. I know it is possible. I am not saying it happened that way. You know how I feel about police brutality. I was way ahead of the rest of the public there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 3, 2010
He had a blood level that in the right context could be therapeutic or could be lethal.
You claming it was enough to kill an animal 10 times his size is an obvious exaggeration. The fact that you think that is facepalm worthy simply shows the extreme bias you have as I mentioned at the start of this conversation.
He had a blood level that in the right context could be therapeutic or could be lethal.
You claming it was enough to kill an animal 10 times his size is an obvious exaggeration. The fact that you think that is facepalm worthy simply shows the extreme bias you have as I mentioned at the start of this conversation.
Is that it:oops:? Damnit, you got me again! I have not one clue how much fentanyl it takes to kill a Clydesdale. Are you and JD sharing a brain?

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
It’s an ATTEMPT by calling them a racist. Most people shut down after that because they are so afraid someone might think that about them. I know you aren’t stupid. I know you understand what I’m saying.

LOL. Right. Have you seen who posts on this message board?

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
It’s an ATTEMPT by calling them a racist. Most people shut down after that because they are so afraid someone might think that about them. I know you aren’t stupid. I know you understand what I’m saying.

LOL. Right. Have you seen who posts on this message board?
I haven’t seen anyone. I’m not sure what your point is.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
LOL. Look at your post. It is plain as day you are not black.

Nobody is saying you can't have an opinion. But, just like when an OU fan says "OSU sucks" I don't go, "Oh, wow, I love my school. I can't believe I am now finding out that it sucks from someone. I must accept their opinion even though they didn't go to the school, only know the school from the outside, and read biased reports about the school as their information. But, I have to simply accept their opinion or I will be taking their opinion away from them." Seriously, that is so very :derp:.
Nobody is saying I can’t have an opinion? Lol...that’s exactly what your whitesplaining link infers. It’s weak and ridiculous and everyone knows it. Again, do you have any rebuttal to my points other than I can’t legitimately have a fact based opinion because I’m not black? I’m not just saying “OSU sucks” I’m saying OSU sucks and then telling you why it sucks.
That’s his contribution to every thread that involves the challenges facing ethnic groups. Only the “victims” can have an informed or well reasoned opinion.

I’ll just ignore him suggesting other posters should be ignored.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So, you’re making a political statement every time you set foot in a post office? Spend a buck? Buy a share of publicly traded stock? Go to a National Park?

I’m sure you know what I mean when I say the NA is an apolitical statement. But you can’t help being a j********. It’s what you do.

I’m assuming you mean that the National Anthem is an apolitical statement.

Which completely silly.

It is an inherently, completely, political expression in verse Inspired by its writer watching the British government attack the American government at Fort McHenry.

Sounds pretty danged political to me.
It's patriotic, and something that all political persuasions should be able to get behind. That's not the same as political.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I’m living the dream, my dear friend.

This is becoming a Rob B/TypicalGooner situation for me at this point.
I’m living the dream, my dear friend.

This is becoming a Rob B/TypicalGooner situation for me at this point.
You should probably cry for the mods to come save you again. What kind of a grown man has that many of those childish pictures on their phone? You are embarrassing the entire legal profession and they really don’t need the help.
I’m actually upset that I can’t see anyone’s smart arse pictures. I would probably want to save them to my camera roll. I would have to raise my hand though if you were asking for an official OP poll.

Yeah tapatalk sucks for that.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
It's patriotic, and something that all political persuasions should be able to get behind. That's not the same as political.

Nonsense.

It is absolutely a political statement and song.

It was when it was written.

It still is.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Nonsense.

It is absolutely a political statement and song.

It was when it was written.

It still is.
So, 200 years later, what is the viewpoint expressed in the song that is currently and logically opposed or disagreed with by a rational US citizen?

Because if there is no opposing viewpoint or rational disagreement of the thoughts expressed in the song, it is by definition apolitical.

Last edited: