Cancelling the National Anthem

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
What you call an assumption I call a secure prediction based on tons of given evidence.
That post was pure bluff or I would have gotten the same bet offer you made JD.
You are actually correct, I’m as white as the driven snow. I just think it’s hilarious that you would assume that. I’ve actually heard MANY black people make the same points. Is that “blacksplainning” ?Perhaps you have an argument that would contradict the points made? So far your only rebuttal is that I can’t have an opinion on this subject because I’m white? That’s ridiculous and you know it.
Racism, the race card, SOP of the left and the brainwashed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
I admittedly don’t know if the author or the sources of any of the facts stated are black so they may or may not be legitimate https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883
That's the great thing about the internet, if you want to believe something, generally you can find some important sounding person saying it, whether true or not and as long as you don't bother to look into them, it all sounds good.
https://studybreaks.com/thoughts/heather-mac-donald/
Gogetum, you should use better sources, like urban dictionary. Hahahahaha

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
Our resident Q-ologist is calling others brainwashed. :glare:

Oh, I forgot. you don’t actually follow Q. You just happen to spout the same bullshit conspiracies as the other Q-tards. Purely coincidence.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city

Oh, I forgot. you don’t actually follow Q. You just happen to spout the same bullshit conspiracies as the other Q-tards. Purely coincidence.
I now understand why he has such problems differentiating valid vs misleading sources when he thinks I am actually using urban dictionary for a "source."
It is like Rickrolling someone then having them complain about your taste in music based on the link.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

Uh huh. You know me so well. Congratulations.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

I now understand why he has such problems differentiating valid vs misleading sources when he thinks I am actually using urban dictionary for a "source."
It is like Rickrolling someone then having them complain about your taste in music based on the link.
Riiiiiggghhhht. It’s a way to try to silence someone that disagrees with you by calling them a racist. It’s the number one play of the communist in charge.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Riiiiiggghhhht. It’s a way to try to silence someone that disagrees with you by calling them a racist. It’s the number one play of the communist in charge.

Can you explain how me giving my opinion of what you are saying "silences" you? The other guy to claim that couldn't. I know you won't be able to either because I have absolutely no ability to stop you from saying all kinds of stupid things if you want to do so.

You say something. I respond. That is what we Americans call "free speech." I know it is scary and upsetting when someone doesn't agree with your thoughts. But, the great thing is they can disagree and that doesn't silence you at all! But, if you keep claiming it does, it simply appears that you want to claim oppression that does not exist. Those weak people are called, "Snowflakes"

Maybe my best source can help:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Snowflake

Sep 3, 2010
That's the great thing about the internet, if you want to believe something, generally you can find some important sounding person saying it, whether true or not and as long as you don't bother to look into them, it all sounds good.
https://studybreaks.com/thoughts/heather-mac-donald/
Damnit, you got me. I had no idea that some liberal hack from the University of Michigan didn’t like her. I also was unaware of her whiteness. I’ll try to do better. Your link simply parrots the same liberal arguments against the facts that have been debunked time and time again. Is her article slanted ? Probably, but certainly no more than his. He did factually point out that the cop knelt on Floyd’s neck for 46 seconds longer than than she had stated. Kudos to him. He also conveniently failed to mention that Floyd had enough drugs in his system to kill a Clydesdale and was a career criminal in the act of committing yet another crime. He also fails to mention the at least 2 deaths and $500 million in damages to over 1500 businesses in Minneapolis alone as a result of yet another “peaceful protest”. Nice trade off. Was the cop wrong? Absolutely he was in my opinion. What bothers me the most is you rarely hear anyone say “Wait a minute “If good ol’ George hadn’t been breaking the law the cops wouldn’t have been there in the first place “. Zero accountability. Instead they make a martyr out of one of the very worst of their race and parade his corpse around in a gold casket for a couple of weeks. Bring on the predictable “You’re a racist “ BS. I could give you my Hispanic son-in-law’s take on the subject of racism and immigration if you would like but he’s probably not black enough to have an opinion either.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Damnit, you got me. I had no idea that some liberal hack from the University of Michigan didn’t like her. I also was unaware of her whiteness. I’ll try to do better. Your link simply parrots the same liberal arguments against the facts that have been debunked time and time again. Is her article slanted ? Probably, but certainly no more than his. He did factually point out that the cop knelt on Floyd’s neck for 46 seconds longer than than she had stated. Kudos to him. He also conveniently failed to mention that Floyd had enough drugs in his system to kill a Clydesdale and was a career criminal in the act of committing yet another crime. He also fails to mention the at least 2 deaths and $500 million in damages to over 1500 businesses in Minneapolis alone as a result of yet another “peaceful protest”. Nice trade off. Was the cop wrong? Absolutely he was in my opinion. What bothers me the most is you rarely hear anyone say “Wait a minute “If good ol’ George hadn’t been breaking the law the cops wouldn’t have been there in the first place “. Zero accountability. Instead they make a martyr out of one of the very worst of their race and parade his corpse around in a gold casket for a couple of weeks. Bring on the predictable “You’re a racist “ BS. I could give you my Hispanic son-in-law’s take on the subject of racism and immigration if you would like but he’s probably not black enough to have an opinion either.
I'm sorry that providing an example of the other side of the completely biased coin you presented is so upsetting to you.
I can imagine if I was at one extreme or the other of political thought I might feel the need to bring up and exaggerate things about a dead man to defend my convictions. Fortunately, I am not.

Sep 3, 2010
I'm sorry that providing an example of the other side of the completely biased coin you presented is so upsetting to you.
I can imagine if I was at one extreme or the other of political thought I might feel the need to bring up and exaggerate things about a dead man to defend my convictions. Fortunately, I am not.
Please point out the exaggeration.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Please point out the exaggeration.
He also conveniently failed to mention that Floyd had enough drugs in his system to kill a Clydesdale .
People don't die of opiate overdose from opiates already taken suddenly in the middle of a struggle. It makes no sense at all.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22417834/
Our study provides extensive data for postmortem peripheral blood concentrations after therapeutic non-fatal fentanyl patch application and demonstrates once more that in forensic toxicology, blood concentrations must be holistically interpreted with respect to all aspects of a case.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1556-4029.2007.00481.x
There was also considerable overlap between fentanyl concentrations in fentanyl‐related overdose deaths compared to hospitalized patients being treated for chronic pain. Fentanyl concentrations in postmortem cases must be interpreted in the context of the deceased’s past medical history and autopsy findings.

Sep 3, 2010
People don't die of opiate overdose from opiates already taken suddenly in the middle of a struggle. It makes no sense at all.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22417834/
Our study provides extensive data for postmortem peripheral blood concentrations after therapeutic non-fatal fentanyl patch application and demonstrates once more that in forensic toxicology, blood concentrations must be holistically interpreted with respect to all aspects of a case.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1556-4029.2007.00481.x
There was also considerable overlap between fentanyl concentrations in fentanyl‐related overdose deaths compared to hospitalized patients being treated for chronic pain. Fentanyl concentrations in postmortem cases must be interpreted in the context of the deceased’s past medical history and autopsy findings.
Where did I say that’s what killed him? The medical examiner listed the cause of death “a homicide caused by a combination of the officer’s use of force and the presence of Fentanyl and Methamphetamine in Mr, Floyd’s system and his underlying health conditions “ according to the New York Times.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Where did I say that’s what killed him? The medical examiner listed the cause of death “a homicide caused by a combination of the officer’s use of force and the presence of Fentanyl and Methamphetamine in Mr, Floyd’s system and his underlying health conditions “ according to the New York Times.
You asked for an exaggeration. I never said you said what killed him. It was an exaggeration.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
He had a blood level that in the right context could be therapeutic or could be lethal.
You claming it was enough to kill an animal 10 times his size is an obvious exaggeration. The fact that you think that is facepalm worthy simply shows the extreme bias you have as I mentioned at the start of this conversation.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

Can you explain how me giving my opinion of what you are saying "silences" you? The other guy to claim that couldn't. I know you won't be able to either because I have absolutely no ability to stop you from saying all kinds of stupid things if you want to do so.

You say something. I respond. That is what we Americans call "free speech." I know it is scary and upsetting when someone doesn't agree with your thoughts. But, the great thing is they can disagree and that doesn't silence you at all! But, if you keep claiming it does, it simply appears that you want to claim oppression that does not exist. Those weak people are called, "Snowflakes"

Maybe my best source can help:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Snowflake
It’s an ATTEMPT by calling them a racist. Most people shut down after that because they are so afraid someone might think that about them. I know you aren’t stupid. I know you understand what I’m saying.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
Oh you are. At least you act like it here.