Cancel Culture!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
You are painting all Dems w the same brush which isn’t quite fair. Most dems I know want equality not destruction. And not every strategy works toward that. Yes there are some that want the conservative movement to end but they are no different than those that believe only white, heterosexual, Christian males are fit to lead. Both are dumbass thoughts and dangerous. When you see someone as an enemy just because they believe different you, you’ve lost.

And maybe, just maybe, it’s time for the white male that pretends to be a Christian to not be the dominating influence. That’s how we got Trump.
Agreed. I shouldn't have used such crude language to paint with a broad brush. My main point was that there is a huge amount of Marxist ideology in the current left, and it's just as dumb and dangerous as some of the right-wing movements. Combine them with their respective tribal mindsets, and it's just a bad situation.

Dec 9, 2013
Agreed. I shouldn't have used such crude language to paint with a broad brush. My main point was that there is a huge amount of Marxist ideology in the current left, and it's just as dumb and dangerous as some of the right-wing movements. Combine them with their respective tribal mindsets, and it's just a bad situation.
It’s sad that we have devolved into performative politics. What AOC does is no different than what Marjorie T Green does. Schiff is no different than Jordan. Waters no different than Gaetz. Not a shred of intellectual honesty. It’s going to keep driving people out of the center and we are going to govern from the extremes and that from either side scares the sh!t out of me. Can you imagine our choices in 2024 are Harris and Desantis? That’s no better than 2016. But people like Kasich have no shot at being elected.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It’s sad that we have devolved into performative politics. What AOC does is no different than what Marjorie T Green does. Schiff is no different than Jordan. Waters no different than Gaetz. Not a shred of intellectual honesty. It’s going to keep driving people out of the center and we are going to govern from the extremes and that from either side scares the sh!t out of me. Can you imagine our choices in 2024 are Harris and Desantis? That’s no better than 2016. But people like Kasich have no shot at being elected.
I agree on Kasich, but surely someone who is a centrist and isn't so "milk-toast" is out there. I do think there is a hunger for a leader who can make both sides laugh and get along in order to accomplish shared goals.

Dec 9, 2013
I agree on Kasich, but surely someone who is a centrist and isn't so "milk-toast" is out there. I do think there is a hunger for a leader who can make both sides laugh and get along in order to accomplish shared goals.
There are but we will never get to that point at least in the next cycle. Trump still commands the side of the GOP that no politician before him was willing to openly embrace. If a nondescript candidate like Biden who couldn’t even get close in 40 yrs beat Trump then unless the GOP trots out someone w the charisma of RR they have no choice but to embrace the crazies. The one thing Rs have going for them is they don’t have to have a policy purist. Trump was so far from a conservative, a rule of law or constitutionalist but he said all the “right” things in 2016.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
There are but we will never get to that point at least in the next cycle. Trump still commands the side of the GOP that no politician before him was willing to openly embrace. If a nondescript candidate like Biden who couldn’t even get close in 40 yrs beat Trump then unless the GOP trots out someone w the charisma of RR they have no choice but to embrace the crazies. The one thing Rs have going for them is they don’t have to have a policy purist. Trump was so far from a conservative, a rule of law or constitutionalist but he said all the “right” things in 2016.
For what it is worth. Mike Lindell is calling on the GOP to cancel Fox now because he said they are canceling his 1st amendment rights by not allowing him to go talk on Fox.

So yeah....GOP crazies are still running the roost

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
And now you got Trump's guy Roger Stone being sued by the owner of Judicial Watch.

The right wing crazies are going after each other now.

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1425924396594704384

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
So, Mike is running the roost, eh?
Pretty much everyone I know that is over 40 and thinks of themselves as republican has been following this "symposium" religiously.

I realize that this small sample size doesn't necessarily translate nationwide. But I do think it is at least representative of Oklahoma.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Pretty much everyone I know that is over 40 and thinks of themselves as republican has been following this "symposium" religiously.

I realize that this small sample size doesn't necessarily translate nationwide. But I do think it is at least representative of Oklahoma.
I'm not sure Lindell is a republican, he's more from the opportunist party.

Mar 11, 2006
Bill Mahar on his New Rules segment this week about more silliness of “cancel culture”. Good listen.

Favorite quote at 2:20: Selecting some for employment on “merit first is not synonymous with racism. Thinking that it is…is kinda racist”

https://twitter.com/billmaher/status/1426399850661224452?s=21