Cancel Culture!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Minority students requested that the 70-ton boulder be removed from campus after uncovering a historic newspaper article that referred to the rock using a racial slur.

University historians who reviewed the 1925 article said they found no evidence that the term was used in an official capacity by the university, however they also confirmed that the Ku Klux Klan had a presence on the campus at the time.

So they just happened upon a 1925 article that referred to it using a slur (not mentioned)? I mean, I guess if the funds to do it were donated for that reason, whatever. Just seems like a really cool feature of the campus (a freaking boulder carried by glaciers) to remove because of some random reference in a 100yr old article.
Dang. How hard did they have to look to be offended by that? Hunting newspaper articles from 100 years ago? If this is the worst thing going on in the world then I think we're doing ok.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Dang. How hard did they have to look to be offended by that? Hunting newspaper articles from 100 years ago? If this is the worst thing going on in the world then I think we're doing ok.
Find me anything that's been around for over a century and I can link it to racism in some way.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Find me anything that's been around for over a century and I can link it to racism in some way.
Oneida Silverware....141 years old. Pretty sure there wasn't any racism.....but it is of note the company is named for the town where it was started Oneida, NY.

And that most of the people in the town lived in a 300+ person sex cult....and they had an opulent lifestyle. So they built factories and made and sold silverware to fund their Giant Sex Cult.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Oneida Silverware....141 years old. Pretty sure there wasn't any racism.....but it is of note the company is named for the town where it was started Oneida, NY.

And that most of the people in the town lived in a 300+ person sex cult....and they had an opulent lifestyle. So they built factories and made and sold silverware to fund their Giant Sex Cult.
So random!

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

SSLM

Sex slave lives matter.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
SSLM

Sex slave lives matter.
Yeah, that is kinda why the cult ended up breaking up. The Leader insisted on underage members be given to him as a tribute and he outlawed anyone becoming pregnant while they were a member unless he was the father of the child. They lived like this for like 30 YEARS and then the members started getting old and dying out and they had no children to carry their traditions forward.

Turns out SSLDM Sex Slave Lives Didn't Matter

But huge Bonus..they were all millionaires because their silverware was so popular and by the time the cult broke up it was the 3rd largest silverware manufacture in the world. They set up an outside board who then bought out the owners and it became its own separate non sex cult company at that point. The leader fled to Canada. Not sure what ever happened to him

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Yeah, that is kinda why the cult ended up breaking up. The Leader insisted on underage members be given to him as a tribute and he outlawed anyone becoming pregnant while they were a member unless he was the father of the child. They lived like this for like 30 YEARS and then the members started getting old and dying out and they had no children to carry their traditions forward.

Turns out SSLDM Sex Slave Lives Didn't Matter

But huge Bonus..they were all millionaires because their silverware was so popular and by the time the cult broke up it was the 3rd largest silverware manufacture in the world. They set up an outside board who then bought out the owners and it became its own separate non sex cult company at that point. The leader fled to Canada. Not sure what ever happened to him
You're chock of info today.

Oct 29, 2016
US
White Christians now account for less than half of the American population. These groups, which largely make up the Republican party, have come to see their status and influence under threat. Social scientific research highlights how demographic changes evoke threat for many White Americans, who worry that their numerical decline will likewise diminish their command over American politics. These fears are directly linked not only to support for Trump in the 2016 election, but also foster anti-democratic sentiments.

Anti-democratic behavior in response to a status threat is logical. It represents a natural psychological response rooted in the foundations of us vs. them thinking and identity-based threat that also helps to explain contemporary political movements from Brexit to the passage of Israel’s recent nation-state law. Demographic groups that comprise the Republican party maintain a dwindling electoral advantage and rightly recognize that they will lose it if they do not cement their power soon. Example: liberal media is everywhere! My god, it's threatening me and my white power and God that I love so much!

Let's be real here. The only people who are even taking the time to discredit the black lives matter are: old, white, Christian and Republican.

It's ok that times change. People rise and people fall. Either get on board and realize that things need to change and dramatically so, or keep on posting on a message board about how bad and spooky the world is a getting. In other words, white power and its dominance is over. Accept it and adapt. Or cling to an old ideology as you and the ideology fade away into nothingness.

That's scary huh? It's ok. Nothing bad is going to happen. Or is your fear that what white people has done will be revenged when white people aka the Republican party no longer has any power whatsoever, so strong that it terrifies the living hell out of you? Hmm. Sit there and think about why anyone would ever think that. Times are changing. Accept it. There is only one reason why white people would be scared that white dominance is coming to an end. And you're scared huh, about what might happen? Here's a tip: nothing will happen.

Let go of your fear. It's OKAY that white christians are becoming a minority. Nothing bad will happen. Cuz you see, people want the bad things to end. That's what this is all about. It's not about you becoming a minority. It's about righting the wrongs. Either get on the right side of history, or fade away into irrelevance whilst being feared out of your mind. That must be scary, having to hide away.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
White Christians now account for less than half of the American population. These groups, which largely make up the Republican party, have come to see their status and influence under threat. Social scientific research highlights how demographic changes evoke threat for many White Americans, who worry that their numerical decline will likewise diminish their command over American politics. These fears are directly linked not only to support for Trump in the 2016 election, but also foster anti-democratic sentiments.

Anti-democratic behavior in response to a status threat is logical. It represents a natural psychological response rooted in the foundations of us vs. them thinking and identity-based threat that also helps to explain contemporary political movements from Brexit to the passage of Israel’s recent nation-state law. Demographic groups that comprise the Republican party maintain a dwindling electoral advantage and rightly recognize that they will lose it if they do not cement their power soon. Example: liberal media is everywhere! My god, it's threatening me and my white power and God that I love so much!

Let's be real here. The only people who are even taking the time to discredit the black lives matter are: old, white, Christian and Republican.

It's ok that times change. People rise and people fall. Either get on board and realize that things need to change and dramatically so, or keep on posting on a message board about how bad and spooky the world is a getting. In other words, white power and its dominance is over. Accept it and adapt. Or cling to an old ideology as you and the ideology fade away into nothingness.

That's scary huh? It's ok. Nothing bad is going to happen. Or is your fear that what white people has done will be revenged when white people aka the Republican party no longer has any power whatsoever, so strong that it terrifies the living hell out of you? Hmm. Sit there and think about why anyone would ever think that. Times are changing. Accept it. There is only one reason why white people would be scared that white dominance is coming to an end. And you're scared huh, about what might happen? Here's a tip: nothing will happen.

Let go of your fear. It's OKAY that white christians are becoming a minority. Nothing bad will happen. Cuz you see, people want the bad things to end. That's what this is all about. It's not about you becoming a minority. It's about righting the wrongs. Either get on the right side of history, or fade away into irrelevance whilst being feared out of your mind. That must be scary, having to hide away.
Black citizens such as Leo Terrell, Candace Owens, and Jason Whitlock disagree.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Black citizens such as Leo Terrell, Candace Owens, and Jason Whitlock disagree.
Hodge twins, Brandon Tatum, Kory Yeshua.... Larry Elder,

I mean are we talking specifically black conservatives, Christian blacks conservative? I mean there's quite a few that can be named without even going very far deep into obscure people that are just regular everyday citizens rather than just the names that people would know off the top of their heads if they paid any attention.
I mean is this an example of what Candace Owens always talks about how everybody just assumes that black people all think the same way and there's no diversity in their thought? Actually I could probably start a list of people who are Latino as well. The idea of being a conservative Christian isn't tied to the color of your skin. No matter how much people want to assume it is.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 23, 2018
USA

To quote Bill Cosby, that's the dumbest thing I've heard in my life.

Mar 11, 2006

Although we don’t have the same political views, your posts are normally valid. IMO, you missed the mark and this is way out there.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Per Tucker, He trying to convince his viewers that the Dems are trying to cancel White People

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1425681618258235395
Are you really denying the blatant Marxism on full display from the left? Of course the dems are trying to cancel white people, because their only goal is to destroy the traditional hegemony (white, male, cis gendered, straight, able-bodied, Christian). Every strategy from the left works towards that end. They believe that the only way their tribe can "win" is if the other tribe is destroyed. It's built on the false idea that power is a zero sum game.

I think there are more productive and humane ways to achieve their supposed goals, but I'm sure that's because of my "privilege".

Dec 9, 2013
Are you really denying the blatant Marxism on full display from the left? Of course the dems are trying to cancel white people, because their only goal is to destroy the traditional hegemony (white, male, cis gendered, straight, able-bodied, Christian). Every strategy from the left works towards that end. They believe that the only way their tribe can "win" is if the other tribe is destroyed. It's built on the
You are painting all Dems w the same brush which isn’t quite fair. Most dems I know want equality not destruction. And not every strategy works toward that. Yes there are some that want the conservative movement to end but they are no different than those that believe only white, heterosexual, Christian males are fit to lead. Both are dumbass thoughts and dangerous. When you see someone as an enemy just because they believe different you, you’ve lost.

And maybe, just maybe, it’s time for the white male that pretends to be a Christian to not be the dominating influence. That’s how we got Trump.

Last edited: