Cancel Culture!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I would very much like the know what the common Atlantian (not sure spelling) thinks of this move. It would have been great for their local economy on so many levels. I dont think the voting law they passed is good on the surface, have not dove too much into the finer print of the law, but i also think this is very much a knee jerk recation to this situation by the MLB.
It would be an interesting poll. The people that benefit from the All Star game get the exact same benefit 82 times per year. This year the benefit will likely be bigger the last 41 times this year and the one they lose is definitely going to have an impact.

But for all the right wing bluster about how the voting laws aren't violated in Georgia's new law the thing people should be concerned about is that the state can overturn local results. Back in early December when Trump called the state and said y'all need to find some votes. The election officials called bs on that but now that can be a thing in Georgia. And if you are a right winger thinking that's fine because it's Georgia, remember none of the voting rights of those who were supposedly were disenfranchised have been impacted. So it's entirely possible in 4 years Stacy Abrams is the governor of the state and she is appointing a commission to review ballot activity and remove votes without oversight.

That's what corporations are fighting.
The recording of the call was found in the recycle bin on a laptop during a FOIA request. That is not what was said by Trump. Many news groups retracted their stories on that.

Also, where does the law say they can overturn an election result without any proof or investigation?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I... I don't really see how that's any better... He was still pushing a fake voter fraud conspiracy... I guess it's less bad?
It's not so much about what Trump did as it is how the media presents it. Regardless of whether a person is satan or a saint, the media should report the facts and let us make up our own mind. Not twist things to sound more sinister or less sinister than they actually did based on how the media wants us to perceive that person.
Exactly like what 60 minutes did with DeSantis right? Good thing someone had the full video to release.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
i love overgeneralizations. FIFY.

I like shopping at Target. Its cleaner than Walmart and there are more attractive women shopping there. Prices are a little more than Walmart, but I think my reasons for shopping there justify it. Archer Farms makes some pretty tasty frozen deep fryable snacks, and their reduced sodium bacon is one of my favorites (not because of reduced sodium, but because it is very consistent melt in your mouth bacon)
Have you found what bathroom you need to use at Target?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The recording of the call was found in the recycle bin on a laptop during a FOIA request. That is not what was said by Trump. Many news groups retracted their stories on that.
Exactly like what 60 minutes did with DeSantis right? Good thing someone had the full video to release.
It is absolutely amazing the number of people who will believe the original story from the media without real evidence...and then refuse to believe differently when real evidence proves it false. And on top of that, they continue defending the news organization that straight out lied to their face and continue to trust them to be their primary source of information. Bonkers.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
It is absolutely amazing the number of people who will believe the original story from the media without real evidence...and then refuse to believe differently when real evidence proves it false. And on top of that, they continue defending the news organization that straight out lied to their face and continue to trust them to be their primary source of information. Bonkers.
That’s the entire point. Just like the Russia Hoax. The MSM knew that was a total fabrication from the jump but “journalists” would make up anonymous sources and report damaging information about the POTUS knowing that once the record was set straight weeks or months later the damage would already be done.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Because the half that they are pissing off isn't on twitter. Companies are terrified of the 5% of people that use social media for activism. They don't really care about any of this... they are doing it for their bottom line because they don't want to be the next big story: "Company doesn't put out statement supporting X cause, why are they anti-X cause? Do they hate X? Probably! Next story, someone was mean to someone else on the subway, it's definitely RACISM".
You know what, I'm going to amend this slightly to make it even more accurate: "Next story, someone was mean to someone else on the subway in New York, it's definitely RACISM - we'll explore what measures liberals think Oklahoma should take to fix this horrific trend."

Mar 11, 2006
You know what, I'm going to amend this slightly to make it even more accurate: "Next story, someone was mean to someone else on the subway in New York, it's definitely RACISM - we'll explore what measures liberals think Oklahoma should take to fix this horrific trend."
We saw the word “infrastructure” being used incorrectly, now some people are trying to expand other words to further divide and cause anger.
White supremacy is an ugly term describing ugly racism driven from white people thinking they are better than others. But apparently it also is the reason for any violent committed by any race.

According to this article from a University of Colorado Professor, “when a Black person attacks an Asian person, the encounter is fueled perhaps by racism, but very specifically by white supremacy. White supremacy does not require a white person to perpetuate it”

The Colorado professor even provided an example. “White supremacy as the root of racism can be seen in the Latino man in Texas stabbing a Burmese family in March 2020, claiming he did so because they were Chinese and bringing the coronavirus into the U.S. Though the suspect may have mental health problems”.
So disregard the suspect had mental health issues, disregard the suspect was not white, but Latino“. The author concludes that “Underlying all these incidents is white supremacy

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-supremacy-root-race-related-120244625.html

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
It wasn't a screw up, that's what media is today. Intentionally twisting or outright lying to either get better ratings or push s political narrative.

The mainstream media is owned by some of the biggest corporations in the country. The same corporations that are in bed with our corrupt politicians. A person has to be a sheep or a moron to believe anything they say anymore.