Cancel Culture!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
what is "woke"? is everyone talking/arguing about the same thing? what is "woke" to you?
Calling out and no longer using the stereotypes he's comfortable with seems to be his definition of "woke capitalism".

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You're a Christian, right? If so, I think the only thing we should care about really is if a company is promoting sinful/immoral behavior. When companies cross that line, we should be willing to stop supporting them in my opinion. I don't think that means we have to openly protest them, etc.... Just simply stop buying their stuff or using their services.

Complaining on a message board about their advertising, but then saying you'll buy their product anyway seems.......unproductive?
Agreed...I don't lose sleep over it. We are all immoral and all have bad behavior. I'm just making an argument that when we become woke one way we ignore the other way. It's a tendency we need to fight against. I totally agree with the modern mantra that all people matter. I just want to make sure ALL, truly includes ALL.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
You're a Christian, right? If so, I think the only thing we should care about really is if a company is promoting sinful/immoral behavior. When companies cross that line, we should be willing to stop supporting them in my opinion. ?
I think you are mostly correct, however I would caution anyone participating in this way to examine every company and everyone they do business with every day of your life and not just start to start to pay attention when the sinful/immoral behavior isn't in line with your own political thinking.

many time we are only willing to examine in faith things that don't line up with our Politics and I think that is extremely Un-Christian, hypocritical and unmoral to do.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I think you are mostly correct, however I would caution anyone participating in this way to examine every company and everyone they do business with every day of your life and not just start to start to pay attention when the sinful/immoral behavior isn't in line with your own political thinking.

many time we are only willing to examine in faith things that don't line up with our Politics and I think that is extremely Un-Christian, hypocritical and unmoral to do.
Agreed. I don't actively go looking for offenses, but there are definitely some companies or individuals that I choose to not support based on their treatment of employees, vendors, etc... If there are better alternatives, I just choose to support those instead.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
When was making us all fat and diabetic woke? Lol, what a bunch of morons run these companies. Many will buy less of your candy because of this absurd stupidity. No one gives a rats ass about your values...but we would like you to just keep them too yourselves while we enjoy some freaking chocolate. But no...let's get political and ruin that as well...Morons...
View attachment 94337
Throws the scent off the child slavery…..

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Throws the scent off the child slavery…..
Child slavery? The NBA that fires people for saying "cotton picking" has a billion dollar industry in shoe contracts that has man, woman, child, lesbian, bisexual, transsexual, and other category available working in true slavery. James, Westbrook, Durant, Harden, et.al. are some of the biggest slave masters in the world they just use NIKE and other companies as their middle men. But they be woke

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
well, he did say him and his friends were just goofing around and didn't mean it in a derogatory manner and didn't use the word that frequently...so there's that...it's all good...

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Louis C.K. Wins Grammy for Best Comedy Album, Proving Once Again That ‘Cancel Culture’ Is a Myth

https://twitter.com/MoiraDonegan/status/1510780145702952961?t=PFLgVrKLyNsJg_7Y9kKTjw&s=19

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
This movie is currently being boycotted in Muslim countries because of the same sex kiss.

Oklahoma is like "Here Muslim countries hold my beer"
Yes, a random theater in Oklahoma putting up a warning sign that was eventually taken down is definitely a one upping "hold my beer" moment over Muslim countries views on homosexuality and their boycott of the movie.:derp: