Cale Gundy resigns

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
No. They’re guilty be association and that’s their own dumb fault. Lay down with dogs and you catch fleas.
I have *clears throat* “ distant family” that brag that they scream obscenities and threw stuff at rattler.
Maybe it’s actually Cowboy fans in Gaylord Family Fun Park making all the trouble?

Nah, they would never wear crimson even committing a crime they wouldn’t.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Yes, the twitter posts show how we felt about players on the day they announced their transfer. There was no ill will toward either of the two qbs when they announced their transfer.

His dad is either a liar, or the person reporting his dad saying that lied. Either way, it's not a reflection of reality.

As I previously stated, williams himself said the fans were part of why he almost stayed.

Try being intellectually unlazy for a moment and inform yourself. This doesnt have to be an antithetical discussion.

https://twitter.com/CALEBcsw/status/1548763859439140864?s=20&t=ACvpvXlK5lmk_zahTuHdyQ
Too bad the reason wasn’t to extend his education.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
You think selectively copying tweets proves something? How about pasting the whole thing. Here's the Williams tweet. Why don't you paste all of them and mark the positives vs. the negatives with no cropping.
https://twitter.com/CALEBcsw/status/1488558619738062851

Since youre too lazy to look his twitter post to see ALL the sooner comments, I showed you 3 pages worth.
You have an impression of how we felt, I'm showing you how you were wrong. Not my fault you arent capable of going to twitter to see for yourself.

On the Williams going to the portal, tweet, I'd say 95% positive. And OU fans were one of the reasons he nearly stayed. You'd know if you scrolled through that too. But when he announced he's going to usc, not positive, for obvious reasons. We werent upset at him for leaving, just ridiculing the destination. For obvious reasons.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Since youre too lazy to look his twitter post to see ALL the sooner comments, I showed you 3 pages worth.
You have an impression of how we felt, I'm showing you how you were wrong. Not my fault you arent capable of going to twitter to see for yourself.

On the Williams going to the portal, tweet, I'd say 95% positive. And OU fans were one of the reasons he nearly stayed. You'd know if you scrolled through that too. But when he announced he's going to usc, not positive, for obvious reasons. We werent upset at him for leaving, just ridiculing the destination. For obvious reasons.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Hey at least you tried to tell me what I saw with my own eyes is wrong. Trying is what matters.
Yep, you see what you want to see. I read the first 30 or so from when Williams wen to USC. 20% positive, 40% Riley Hate, 40% Williams hate or other negativity. And let's not forget this is the measuring stick YOU wanted to use to disprove what everyone knows: OU fans are embarrassingly trashy.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Yep, you see what you want to see. I read the first 30 or so from when Williams wen to USC. 20% positive, 40% Riley Hate, 40% Williams hate or other negativity. And let's not forget this is the measuring stick YOU wanted to use to disprove what everyone knows: OU fans are embarrassingly trashy.

I see objectively and i showed you examples of it.

When they announced their desire to transfer, 95% positive. for both.

when Rattler announced he's destination, again 95% positive.

You dont want to talk about that.

You want to talk about when williams announced his destination. Yep, mostly negative. I'd expect way less than 20% positive when he announced going to usc. i'd expect closer to 3%.

but for some reason you dont want to talk about when OU fans were showing love though. Why is that? Im curious why that's not allowed to be in the discussion. Like when williams praised the fans. Why ignore that part?

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
I see objectively and i showed you examples of it.

When they announced their desire to transfer, 95% positive. for both.

when Rattler announced he's destination, again 95% positive.

You dont want to talk about that.

You want to talk about when williams announced his destination. Yep, mostly negative. I'd expect way less than 20% positive when he announced going to usc. i'd expect closer to 3%.

but for some reason you dont want to talk about when OU fans were showing love though. Why is that? Im curious why that's not allowed to be in the discussion. Like when williams praised the fans. Why ignore that part?
Because most fanbases act civilly toward student athletes. It's expected out of decent fans. You don't get a gold star for it. You say you expect 97% of your fans to trash Williams because he made a decision that didn't help your favorite football team? That's an OU fan in a nutshell.

Apr 13, 2021
Northern California
So the player spending team meeting time to write text that gets a coach fire and the problem is the coach reading it. This is OU in a nutshell. Fake integrity and no accountability for athletes using university providing equipment. All the while local media rallying the troops to prop up OU football again. Not gonna miss OU or the fan base. Will love watching how the get treated in the SEC. It is Karma time for OU and UT.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Because most fanbases act civilly toward student athletes. It's expected out of decent fans. You don't get a gold star for it. You say you expect 97% of your fans to trash Williams because he made a decision that didn't help your favorite football team? That's an OU fan in a nutshell.
Thy were very civil to both when they announced their intent to enter the portal. Dont need a gold star. Just telling you that you were and continue to be wrong about the fan response to that.

Maybe even more than 97%, Maybe 99%. Williams got roasted for going to usc. As expected. Not because he entered the transfer portal, we expected he might transfer. This shouldnt have to be explained to you

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
So the player spending team meeting time to write text that gets a coach fire and the problem is the coach reading it. This is OU in a nutshell. Fake integrity and no accountability for athletes using university providing equipment. All the while local media rallying the troops to prop up OU football again. Not gonna miss OU or the fan base. Will love watching how the get treated in the SEC. It is Karma time for OU and UT.
How do you know the player in question isnt puking every day at practice for what he did? It's not fake by any means, it's a more ultimate case of accountability by letting a guy go who means more to the program than any single player.

It's a double standard for sure, but that's the nature of rap lyrics. they are allowed to say it, whites cant. dont blame the football team for that, that's society's fault for making it that way and allowing it to be a socially acceptable practice.

Apr 13, 2021
Northern California
How do you know the player in question isnt puking every day at practice for what he did? It's not fake by any means, it's a more ultimate case of accountability by letting a guy go who means more to the program than any single player.

It's a double standard for sure, but that's the nature of rap lyrics. they are allowed to say it, whites cant. dont blame the football team for that, that's society's fault for making it that way and allowing it to be a socially acceptable practice.
If the player isn't gone then there is no integrity, period. Without their improper behavior there is no issue. What Gundy did was not bright but the player put him in that position. The lack of respect for the coaching staff is what prompted Gundy's response. Keeping the player confirms OU's "win first" culture. Seeds and stems, "extended" Cadillac test drives, gas pump shenanigans and zero consequences. Best part is OU fans lap up these media nonsense justifications and fail trying to defend it. Bye Felicia.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
If the player isn't gone then there is no integrity, period. Without their improper behavior there is no issue. What Gundy did was not bright but the player put him in that position. The lack of respect for the coaching staff is what prompted Gundy's response. Keeping the player confirms OU's "win first" culture. Seeds and stems, "extended" Cadillac test drives, gas pump shenanigans and zero consequences. Best part is OU fans lap up these media nonsense justifications and fail trying to defend it. Bye Felicia.
You are entitled to your opinion. But society doesnt really care how you feel about this issue. It's a known double standard and it isnt going to change any time soon because the black community wishes to keep using it in their rap songs. And nobody is going to tell them to stop. They wouldnt stop anyway. So get used to it.

If they had win first culture, Gundy would still be the wrs coach. They have a new "accountability" culture with Venables, which is another thing you'll have to get used to.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You are entitled to your opinion. But society doesnt really care how you feel about this issue. It's a known double standard and it isnt going to change any time soon because the black community wishes to keep using it in their rap songs. And nobody is going to tell them to stop. They wouldnt stop anyway. So get used to it.

If they had win first culture, Gundy would still be the wrs coach. They have a new "accountability" culture with Venables, which is another thing you'll have to get used to.

It's been a rough Monday here at work, so thank you for that. Needed a good chuckle to get me through the afternoon.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I like how you guys talk hard :poo: on Gundy, then try to steal his coaching theory.

Sorry, still no culture of any kind coming from Norman.
Now that's not entirely true, they are eat up with culture down there. If you're into pimping out cheerleaders, they got that. If you are into smacking women around, they are down for that action. If you are into looking the other way when young adults cause a problem, get on down to Norman Town. If you believe boys will be boys have they got a place for you.