Cale Gundy resigns

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
This is the same fanbase that ran off not just one, but their TWO most important players last year. They deserve it.

Rattler said. “I was just happy to get away from a toxic situation and get somewhere new. Anywhere was going to be better"

Carl (Williams, Caleb's father) did bemoan the way fans “suddenly turned on his son” along with “all the vitriol about Caleb cashing in on his transfer choice.”
You cant run off players who already had plans to enter the transfer portal. Both qbs got massive fan support on social media. It was all love for both of them and the twitter posts/replies prove it. Scroll through both Rattler and williams' twitter announcement of entering the transfer portal. You'll notice of the thousands of replies, you couldnt find more than couple OU fans trashing either of them for it. everyone else was supportive/positive. williams didnt really earn the ire or dislike of OU fans until he chose usc to "cash in" for obvious reasons. had he chosen say wisconsin, we'd feel differently about taht transfer choice.

Rattler's toxic situation was toxic to him because he regressed, didnt play well, and lost his job to a freshman. his transfer was inevitable from the second the texas game ended. It was all positive wishes from the fan base when he announced his transfer though. We as a fan base really want him to be successful at south carolina.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
You cant run off players who already had plans to enter the transfer portal. Both qbs got massive fan support on social media. It was all love for both of them and the twitter posts/replies prove it. Scroll through both Rattler and williams' twitter announcement of entering the transfer portal. You'll notice of the thousands of replies, you couldnt find more than couple OU fans trashing either of them for it. everyone else was supportive/positive. williams didnt really earn the ire or dislike of OU fans until he chose usc to "cash in" for obvious reasons. had he chosen say wisconsin, we'd feel differently about taht transfer choice.

Rattler's toxic situation was toxic to him because he regressed, didnt play well, and lost his job to a freshman. his transfer was inevitable from the second the texas game ended. It was all positive wishes from the fan base when he announced his transfer though. We as a fan base really want him to be successful at south carolina.
Your fanbase ran off Rattler WAY before he entered the transfer portal. What kind of crap fans chant for their starting star QB to benched a few games into the season?? And those were money-paying ticket holders! I can't imagine what the rest of you couch-bound twitter-drooling t-shirt fans were saying.

As for Williams, you can read what was said. He intended to come back until OU fans acted like assholes. It was a predictable ending given your fanbase.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Your fanbase ran off Rattler WAY before he entered the transfer portal. What kind of crap fans chant for their starting star QB to benched a few games into the season?? And those were money-paying ticket holders! I can't imagine what the rest of you couch-bound twitter-drooling t-shirt fans were saying.

As for Williams, you can read what was said. He intended to come back until OU fans acted like assholes. It was a predictable ending given your fanbase.
He wasn't ran off, he lost his job and transferred because he wanted a fresh start somewhere new, with a new coach, not being in the shadow of williams. he was not getting along with riley. Again, i encourage you to check his twitter announcement of his transfer to see how we feel about him.

I know what his dad said, it's a dishonest assessment of reality. Besides, caleb himself said the fans didnt run him off. they were the reason he nearly stayed. His words.

And Again, i encourage you to check his twitter announcement of his transfer, and the OU fans comments, it was all positive.

Try being intellectually unlazy for a moment and inform yourself. This doesnt have to be an antithetical discussion.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
He wasn't ran off, he lost his job and transferred because he wanted a fresh start somewhere new, with a new coach, not being in the shadow of williams. he was not getting along with riley.
Riley fixed ALL of that for him, and he still left. Who wouldn't? Y'all treated him like garbage. You like rewriting history, but the fans played a huge part in creating the Nov 28th trainwreck.

Sep 11, 2021
Wisconsin
I don't often agree with Tramel, but I think he's right twice here (or Tramel's pastor Clarence Hill, Jr. is right). Conversations among the players, coaches, and administration were an appropriate start to addressing this issue. And other schools would likely use this issue to recruit if they didn't fire Cale Gundy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...able-sin-but-should-it-be-opinion/ar-AA10vHGf

“Wouldn’t,” Hill asked, “it be a greater story to say, we got the players together, sat Cale Gundy down, brought Brent Venables in — everybody knows he’s high-character — and we just talked it through, like teams, like brothers, like friends, and we worked it out?”

To circumvent the racial and ethnic tensions that afflict our world, we need more communication. Not less.
The Cale Gundy story teaches us to keep our mouths shut. Don’t say a word so you won’t find trouble.
But that doesn’t solve anything. Only through conversations — getting to know each other — can we come to better understanding.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Riley fixed ALL of that for him, and he still left. Who wouldn't? Y'all treated him like garbage. You like rewriting history, but the fans played a huge part in creating the Nov 28th trainwreck.
tbow didnt fix anything, rattler remained the backup for the remainder of the season and then transferred as we expected him to.

Im not re-writing anything, I'm telling you what happened. Can you dispute it? Again, i challenge you to look at Rattler's twitter post announcing his transfer to see how we felt about him when he said he was transferring. Same with williams. You are the one trying to rewrite history and im telling you, look at social media and see for yourself how wrong you are.

Fans have nothing to do with the outcome of games. This seems like a separate subject than that of rattler. can we stick to one topic at a time?

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
He wasn't ran off, he lost his job and transferred because he wanted a fresh start somewhere new, with a new coach, not being in the shadow of williams. he was not getting along with riley.
Riley fixed ALL of that for him, and he still left.
tbow didnt fix anything, rattler remained the backup for the remainder of the season and then transferred as we expected him to.
Forgot I have to be super literal or you claim confusion.
1. It was your fanbase that was clamoring for him to lose his job.
2. Riley left. He would have gotten a new coach at OU.
3. Williams transferred. He wouldn't have been in his shadow at OU.
4. Riley left. Nobody to not get along with at OU if "Riley was the problem".

Yet, he still transferred out of a "toxic" situation that no longer was going to have Riley or Williams in it. So what was still toxic? Answer: OU fans.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

Yet, he still transferred out of a "toxic" situation that no longer was going to have Riley or Williams in it. So what was still toxic? Answer: OU fans.
I have *clears throat* “ distant family” that brag that they scream obscenities and threw stuff at rattler.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
He wasn't ran off, he lost his job and transferred because he wanted a fresh start somewhere new, with a new coach, not being in the shadow of williams. he was not getting along with riley. Again, i encourage you to check his twitter announcement of his transfer to see how we feel about him.

I know what his dad said, it's a dishonest assessment of reality. Besides, caleb himself said the fans didnt run him off. they were the reason he nearly stayed. His words.

And Again, i encourage you to check his twitter announcement of his transfer, and the OU fans comments, it was all positive.

Try being intellectually unlazy for a moment and inform yourself. This doesnt have to be an antithetical discussion.
TL/DR

His dad is a liar and the positive twitter posts prove that sooner fans love him and everything anyone witnessed is a lie or a false perception of reality.

sooner magic.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
TL/DR

His dad is a liar and the positive twitter posts prove that sooner fans love him and everything anyone witnessed is a lie or a false perception of reality.

sooner magic.
Yes, the twitter posts show how we felt about players on the day they announced their transfer. There was no ill will toward either of the two qbs when they announced their transfer.

His dad is either a liar, or the person reporting his dad saying that lied. Either way, it's not a reflection of reality.

As I previously stated, williams himself said the fans were part of why he almost stayed.

https://twitter.com/CALEBcsw/status/1548763859439140864?s=20&t=ACvpvXlK5lmk_zahTuHdyQ

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010

I suppose you arent one of those people who appreciate the value of a fresh start somewhere new and how that appeals to some people. Especially a guy who lost his job to a freshman.

1. A small group of shitty students dont set the depth chart
2. Having no clear cut idea who that new coach will be
3. Williams was still there.
4. So? he obviously wanted a fresh start somewhere new

Meanwhile, OU fans when Rattler announced his transfer:

Untitled picture.png
2.png
3.png