Cale Gundy resigns

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
And that is how we have gotten where we are today, a bunch of overly sensitive snowflakes requiring a safe place.
No we have a generation of overly sensitive snowflakes because no one deals with consequences anymore. Natural consequence of not paying attention in meetings is being moved down the depth chart. All embarrassing him is going to do it teach him to be sneakier about it next time. Spanking and berating people only teach them to hide the behavior that they got in trouble for. Not fix it.

Apr 13, 2021
Northern California
ESPN just ran a ticker about the story. Made sure to cite that Cale is Mike’s brother “who was associated with a racially charged story involving Chuba Hubbard.” Can’t make this shit up.
That is how you get ahead at ESPN and the employees know it. Even the person running the crawl. Look at what the eye test did for Herby. Wouldn't expect them to mention Cale being Mixon's coach during his "redshirt" year. Even more the fact that the Nixon incident had a male gay student who tried to stand up for the girl that got leveled. Journalism died when the networks let entertainment run the news division. ESPN is out of control IMO with their influence into NCAA sports. Bowlsby was right- they should be investigated and potentially sued. Can't see them backing off before they destroy the business model.

Last edited:

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
He is the one resigning despite support from the players and coaches. I assume he doesn't want to be a distraction but maybe he's had enough coaching. Either way, it's a sad way to end his legacy.
You might be on to something.. getting a place near his brother at Grand Lake would be awesome.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
It's amazing that you have a guy that allegedly helped cover up rapes who you just hired and a 30 yr program member is forced out for saying a word
Yup. OU has a zero tolerance stance towards racism and tolerates some violence against women.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
And that is how we have gotten where we are today, a bunch of overly sensitive snowflakes requiring a safe place.
No we have a generation of overly sensitive snowflakes because no one deals with consequences anymore. Natural consequence of not paying attention in meetings is being moved down the depth chart. All embarrassing him is going to do it teach him to be sneakier about it next time. Spanking and berating people only teach them to hide the behavior that they got in trouble for. Not fix it.
You keep prattling on like there’s only YOUR way of handling it, but there’s not.

And again, you lack any context on whether it was related behavior from this player. In other words, you have no clue of Gundy might have tried ur method already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Obviously, not all the players in the room went to bat for him. I can only imagine the rat hunt that is going on in the locker room. Distractions are cool...
1660046246232.png

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Obviously, not all the players in the room went to bat for him. I can only imagine the rat hunt that is going on in the locker room. Distractions are cool...
View attachment 96741
I CAN.NOT.HELP but seriously, SERIOUSLY, LMAO at a university administration that looks the other way on an OC that was implicated by multiple sources as a rape enabler on a college campus... but immediately throws down on another coach for a spoken word that literally the entire team defended. In this case... Words were louder than someone's (in)action.

oU went FULL oU on this one. :thumbup::derp:

Oct 5, 2019
Edmond
There is not always playing time to use as a consequence. In real life taking a phone away or some other meaningless consequence is what happens. That is why this is now a generational issue. Your "Spanking and berating people only teach them to hide the behavior that they got in trouble for" is BS. You and all the other snowflakes want to take away any real consequences. This was not an issue in the 70's and 80's because when a kid did something wrong there was a real consequence. Your way has lead to where we are now. Kids have no respect for authority whatsoever. I don't know you but if you are in education and this is how you handled situations like this then you are part of the problem.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
There is not always playing time to use as a consequence. In real life taking a phone away or some other meaningless consequence is what happens. That is why this is now a generational issue. Your "Spanking and berating people only teach them to hide the behavior that they got in trouble for" is BS. You and all the other snowflakes want to take away any real consequences. This was not an issue in the 70's and 80's because when a kid did something wrong there was a real consequence. Your way has lead to where we are now. Kids have no respect for authority whatsoever. I don't know you but if you are in education and this is how you handled situations like this then you are part of the problem.
First post?

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
I don’t know anything but more and more people are saying it was BV call to have Cale resign, how many players have you seen come out and support BV?
Maybe it was. I dont know. it just sounds like they took it out of his hands. OR he decided. It feels excessive to be honest but i imagine he wants zero distractions so in that event this was the best thing. sucks for gundy. but he'll land on his feet