Cale Gundy resigns

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 17, 2011
Imagine the locker room, most of the players that wanted him to stay are probably pissed at the players that wanted him canned. This is great right before their season

Jan 4, 2005
If Mike wants to hire him as a consultant and find a permanent position for him next year, I’d fully support it. This situation has to be one of the dumbest cancelings I’ve heard of.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
You know something we don’t? I bet he did but it was likely out of his hands. This smells like the Admin forced this resignation

Or, he’s showing that there’s a very strict new standard with very little leeway
I don’t know anything but more and more people are saying it was BV call to have Cale resign, how many players have you seen come out and support BV?

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
ESPN just ran a ticker about the story. Made sure to cite that Cale is Mike’s brother “who was associated with a racially charged story involving Chuba Hubbard.” Can’t make this shit up.

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
I witnessed 3-4 notes that a teacher caught being passed read out loud to the class and that was in elementary school. Give me a break with this "these are fragile tender young men". I agree that that sort of thing can go to far. There's a difference between making someone accountable for there actions and just straight humiliation. But he was reading the players own rap lyrics, not some vulnerable lines to his mom or something. If you are a young man you should behave and be treated like a young man and, in my book, that's being called out when you're out of line.
I don’t disagree necessarily but there are better ways to handle it. I’m a teacher and coach and how I would handle it is, take it, read it to myself to make sure I didn’t need to escalate it to someone else, tell him to stay on task, go back to doing what I’m doing. If he doesn’t want to pay attention then I reduce playing time. Creating a spectacle (I obviously wasn’t there so I don’t know how big of a spectacle it was). Acknowledge, redirect, continue.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I don’t disagree necessarily but there are better ways to handle it. I’m a teacher and coach and how I would handle it is, take it, read it to myself to make sure I didn’t need to escalate it to someone else, tell him to stay on task, go back to doing what I’m doing. If he doesn’t want to pay attention then I reduce playing time. Creating a spectacle (I obviously wasn’t there so I don’t know how big of a spectacle it was). Acknowledge, redirect, continue.
That's how I was taught in the school of education. Nothing good comes out of embarrassing a student

Dec 3, 2012
I’m not censoring Gangster in Paradise nor Country Grammar. Throw me in English jail if they must but those 2 songs are worthless if they’re changed. I know some think they already are worthless but they’re classics to me.
I just listen to Amish Paradise instead

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
If he read this aloud multiple times, as is now being reported, his story doesn't wash.
Like I said earlier, Someone isn’t telling the truth. Combined with what Cat Gundy tweeted, which I would have thought any severance package would have clearly made off limits, this story stinks to high heaven.