Cale Gundy resigns

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
After only 5 games? Not really
My question, is TCU that good or is the OU defense really that bad? We get to see how TCU does against KU next week. I'm not sold on KU being legit yet.

OU Texas week always has strange things happening so not sure what kind of gauge that will be. OU did what you would expect against the cupcakes on the schedule. We will see if they pull it together.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
My question, is TCU that good or is the OU defense really that bad? We get to see how TCU does against KU next week. I'm not sold on KU being legit yet.

OU Texas week always has strange things happening so not sure what kind of gauge that will be. OU did what you would expect against the cupcakes on the schedule. We will see if they pull it together.
Probably both. We'll know more as more big 12 teams play each other. Also, the OU defense that played last week would have given up 40 to nebraska and kent state. It'd have been over after that first touchdown on their opening drive in lincoln. They are just playing lost and with little confidence right now. I think they need to throw in some of the freshmen back out there to see if that helps.

Probably wont learn much next week if OU wins. It's a rivalry game so anything is liable to happen. Unless they have beville at qb, then I would bet it would end pretty badly for them.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Probably both. We'll know more as more big 12 teams play each other. Also, the OU defense that played last week would have given up 40 to nebraska and kent state. It'd have been over after that first touchdown on their opening drive in lincoln. They are just playing lost and with little confidence right now. I think they need to throw in some of the freshmen back out there to see if that helps.

Probably wont learn much next week if OU wins. It's a rivalry game so anything is liable to happen. Unless they have beville at qb, then I would bet it would end pretty badly for them.
I expected OU to be down this year with a new coach. That almost always happens unless a team promotes internally. I didn't expect to see a blow up like last week though.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I expected OU to be down this year with a new coach. That almost always happens unless a team promotes internally. I didn't expect to see a blow up like last week though.
Toker expected OU to just automatically kick ass with a first time HC who they ran out of Norman as DC after they lost a bunch of P5 players for G5 reject scrubs.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Sure, nobody did. I wouldnt expect to see that saturday, rivalry games have a whole other element that just doesnt exist in a game between two teams who dont hate eachother

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Sure, nobody did. I wouldnt expect to see that saturday, rivalry games have a whole other element that just doesnt exist in a game between two teams who dont hate eachother
Thats why I think ou wins. But a lot of the wins lately was because Lincloln Riley was the best coach on the field. Riley isn't there. so it is a tossup game. I think Texas sees the paperclip and flolds.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
I think it will be a lot like last year. Texas will come out and just score at will and grow a big halftime lead. But just like last year, phenom Caleb Williams will save the day. He's OU's best and only real difference maker. After a second RRR win, Heisman talk will begin, and they'll start making plans for his statue outside the Gaylord.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I think it will be a lot like last year. Texas will come out and just score at will and grow a big halftime lead. But just like last year, phenom Caleb Williams will save the day. He's OU's best and only real difference maker. After a second RRR win, Heisman talk will begin, and they'll start making plans for his statue outside the Gaylord.
If Caleb Williams shows up Saturday in red and white that shall be interesting

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Next man up...steel that's been sharpened by steel and all that.