Cale Gundy resigns

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
So what? Plenty of people get paid to be behind the scenes and report on those things to us as a living. Former players, and football insiders alike. This is common knowledge though. And they are usually pretty accurate.

And it's not all positive stuff either. Sounds like you have the impression they only report positive things. Is that what you really think?
You're "super pumped" and remain entertained by what they tell you and show you, so they're doing their jobs.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Oh the old predictable Midnight Toker plays dumb routine.
Defend this:
Still dont know what chrissy is. That's me implying that maybe you could help me out and tell me. Or dont, but either way, I still dont know what that is.

I dont have to defend it. If you dont like it, sucks for you dude. It is what it is. Can you dispute it?

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Google's former design ethicist and Co-Founder of the Center for Humane Technology, Tristan Harris, states, “if you're not paying for the product, then you are the product.

I don't expect you to understand. It's OK.
Cool. But it's information, not entertainment.

Apr 13, 2021
Northern California
I dont know waht his coaching theory is but if it amounts to 1 conference title 16 years, I doubt it's veracity.

As far as OU goes, definitely a good culture change for sure. Very glad to see it. You should like it too
They come to play football, and that means following Venables' rules.

Future is very, very bright in Norman! Your negativity cant bring me down.
Bedlam going away just like Riley's offense, 1st time head coach, going to a league that can cheat just as good or better than OU. A league where OU has no financial benefit. Don't know about bright, but I do see a new world on the horizon for OU. Every historical advantage gone but that can be dismissed as my negativity.

Attachments

Sep 12, 2008
Bedlam going away just like Riley's offense, 1st time head coach, going to a league that can cheat just as good or better than OU. A league where OU has no financial benefit. Don't know about bright, but I do see a new world on the horizon for OU. Every historical advantage gone but that can be dismissed as my negativity.
And a league where the refs won't be inclined to call things in their favor.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
I dont know waht his coaching theory is but if it amounts to 1 conference title 16 years, I doubt it's veracity.

As far as OU goes, definitely a good culture change for sure. Very glad to see it. You should like it too
They come to play football, and that means following Venables' rules.

Future is very, very bright in Norman! Your negativity cant bring me down.
Hope bedlam does not go away, lately it’s been a really good game.

Based on the staff ability to recruit and their proven track record of developing talent, I am not seeing a lot of reason to be concerned right now.

You can hope that he turns out to suck as a head coach, there’s always that. But OU does have a pretty good track record with first time head coaches promoted from coordinator roles.

Good news is, the season starts soon, and you’ll get to see how well your predictions about this upcoming season marinates in the juices of a 10/11 win season

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Only you guys could find negatives in going to the SEC.

Sweet Jesus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It won't be long, you'll be living those negatives. Enjoy that ride.
I would be a lot more concerned if the coach struggled to recruit on defense and in the trenches like the previous staff.

Doesn’t look like that’ll be a weakness of this staff. I think the days of the defense being a liability might be over

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
And a league where the refs won't be inclined to call things in their favor.
Well I think we experienced a taste of that last season and there were quite a number of very questionable calls made at inopportune that did not go in Oklahomas favor

TypicalGooner

Banned
Banned
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
It won't be long, you'll be living those negatives. Enjoy that ride.
Oh? You mean playing against quality opponents all the time? How is that a negative? It literally makes your team better. Especially if you have quality athletes and coaches. Which Oklahoma has. Especially since Venables has won titles against those schools already and knows what it takes.

It’s only going to boost Oklahoma’s ability to bring in top tier talent as well as generate top flight money for the program. I’d trade a whole slew of conference championships for a couple of national titles any day of the week. It won’t happen every year. As dominant as Alabama has been, it didn’t happen every year for them either.

But to say this is a negative is absolutely foolish.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Oh? You mean playing against quality opponents all the time? How is that a negative? It literally makes your team better. Especially if you have quality athletes and coaches. Which Oklahoma has. Especially since Venables has won titles against those schools already and knows what it takes.

It’s only going to boost Oklahoma’s ability to bring in top tier talent as well as generate top flight money for the program. I’d trade a whole slew of conference championships for a couple of national titles any day of the week. It won’t happen every year. As dominant as Alabama has been, it didn’t happen every year for them either.

But to say this is a negative is absolutely foolish.

Having to play mississippi and florida instead of tech and kanas state.. Getting arkansas and tennessee instead of iowa state and baylor....woe is us. All these compelling matchups in lubbuck, and ames...just ....gone....it's awful man.

TypicalGooner

Banned
Banned
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Having to play mississippi and florida instead of tech and kanas state.. Getting arkansas and tennessee instead of iowa state and baylor....woe is us. All these compelling matchups in lubbuck, and ames...just ....gone....it's awful man.
Not to mention the “Kansas” of the SEC is Vandy. And that’s in Nashville for crying out loud.

So you mean I get to see a blowout and a show at the Ryman all in the same weekend? Sign me up.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Not to mention the “Kansas” of the SEC is Vandy. And that’s in Nashville for crying out loud.

So you mean I get to see a blowout and a show at the Ryman all in the same weekend? Sign me up.

I don't think Vandy will win by a blowout.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Cool, ou should dominate. I would expect nothing less.