Men's Basketball Bryce Thompson transfers to OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I really want Bryce to come here, but man it’s gonna be a dogfight in our backcourt to get minutes, in fact I think our backcourt is pretty clearly more talented than the situation he’s leaving at KU. Because of that, I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up being Tulsa after all.

Still, I don’t think we can really elevate until we get better at shooting, and that’s a skillset the Bryce, at least hypothetically, should bring in droves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2010
I really want Bryce to come here, but man it’s gonna be a dogfight in our backcourt to get minutes, in fact I think our backcourt is pretty clearly more talented than the situation he’s leaving at KU. Because of that, I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up being Tulsa after all.

Still, I don’t think we can really elevate until we get better at shooting, and that’s a skillset the Bryce, at least hypothetically, should bring in droves.

I see 4 guys fighting for 3 starting positions if Thompson comes (Thompson, AA, Ice, Walker). Him coming would give us 4 quality guards that have all had good experience in the big 12. We still no nothing about Bryce Williams but he becomes less of a need if OSU scores Thompson.

I see the coaching staff trying to sell Thompson a similar role Cade had. Will be put in playmaking situations but will not always have the responsibility of bringing the ball up all the time. Obviously he's not as good as Cade but Thompson might believe he is

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

I see 4 guys fighting for 3 starting positions if Thompson comes (Thompson, AA, Ice, Walker). Him coming would give us 4 quality guards that have all had good experience in the big 12. We still no nothing about Bryce Williams but he becomes less of a need if OSU scores Thompson.

I see the coaching staff trying to sell Thompson a similar role Cade had. Will be put in playmaking situations but will not always have the responsibility of bringing the ball up all the time. Obviously he's not as good as Cade but Thompson might believe he is
When it comes to Bryce Williams, no news is good news. You don’t need to announce you’re maintaining your eligibility, you have it until you say otherwise (or do something to be made ineligible), so I’m counting him in until I hear otherwise.

Eventually everybody gets to handle in the half court, but I would view Bryce as a true 2. Step 1 to getting his game right is to get his shot back, which is also what we need most. Let Avery do his thing to suck the defense into the paint and create wide open shot 3s. From there, Bryce can develop the rest of his game and get back to what we all think he can be. I don’t even think this should be a difficult pitch to make to him because the reality is that the 3 ball is how you cement a spot for yourself in the NBA. If we have both Bryce’s, Woody becomes a real contributor and we see some development from Keylan, Rodel, and Avery behind the arc, we’re going to start to have the spacing line ups we need to win at the highest level.

Dec 17, 2011
Mike Boynton knows how to get players focused and knows how to get them working as a team. I'm excited to see what he does for Bryce Thompson.