Bracketology

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Beginning week
BU 1 seed
OU 3
WVU 3
UT 4
KU 5
TT 5
Ark 6
OSU 8
Wichita St 12

End of week after Ws by OSU, UT, WVU, Ark and Ls by TT and OU

BU 1
WVU 2
OU 3
UT 4
KU 4
Ark 5
TT 6
OSU 8
WSU 12

OU loses, NC
WVU wins, +1
UT wins, NC
KU loses, NC
TT loses, -1
OSU wins, NC

Stinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Katz has Texas Texh in front of us. After a sweep....

We have 7 wins against his top 23.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
As of now, I don't see how we're lower than a 6 seed. Road wins against Tech, OU, and Wichita State may be better than anyone else has. If we could win at least one of the next three I think we stay there.

I hope there's a way we can see TCU in the Big 12 tournament.
I thought the RPI was hard to understand. The new NET rankings make no sense to me at all. We are currently ranked 33rd and have a 7-4 record vs Q1. That's better than all but 3 or 4 of the 32 teams above us. Did the losses to tcu hurt that bad? Was our non-con that weak?
I agree, I've been saying that all year. It appears quad 3 losses really hurt your NET. I know OU dropped about 10 spots after that K-State game. Apparently our BPI is really bad.

Dec 11, 2011
Wherever we get seeded, I hope we are in the same bracket as Illinois. I know it may not be a good matchup for us, but IDGAF; I want to have a shot to blow Underwood's tourney hopes to dust.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
Way too many people worried about our current seed projections. Sit back, relax and enjoy the games. After these next 3 games we could be anywhere from a 4 seed to an 10 seed.
December and January = Not Important.

However with only a couple games left and the Big 12 tourney, it is important.

There is only so much movement you can do this late in the season.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
Michigan gets curb stomped by 23 at HOME!!! Illinois didn't even have their best player.

Moving Michigan ahead of Baylor, looks reactionary without merit. Baylor lost on the road to a top 25 team in their 2nd game after a 3 week break. I watched some of it and Baylor looked lost at times, but pretty knee jerk when it is their first loss.

If we are following the SEC Football Ranking rules. New rankings would be Gonzaga, Illinois, Michigan, Baylor.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Way too many people worried about our current seed projections. Sit back, relax and enjoy the games. After these next 3 games we could be anywhere from a 4 seed to an 10 seed.
We’re in a global pandemic, what else are we supposed to do? I’m getting stir crazy and need to worry about trivial things like seed projections to stay sane.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
We’re in a global pandemic, what else are we supposed to do? I’m getting stir crazy and need to worry about trivial things like seed projections to stay sane.

This is also how cowboy basketball used to be at the end of the season. Seed discussions used to be the norm, instead of worrying about whether we'd even make it or worse yet, knowing we wouldn't.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
According to ESPN we are still a 4 seed. ESPN is terrible at Bracketology but nice to see the national perception isn’t too harsh after last night. OU down to a six seed

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
According to ESPN we are still a 4 seed. ESPN is terrible at Bracketology but nice to see the national perception isn’t too harsh after last night. OU down to a six seed
Well we played Baylor really tough last night at Baylor. I think on a neutral court with neutral refs and a complete healthy roster we could beat them. We really need to beat wvu though to help secure a top 4 seed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Aside from winning the Big 12 tournament, will winning any games help our seeding for the NCAA tournament?

Right now, our first matchup is either Kansas (lose tomorrow) or West Virgina(win tomorrow) And if Texas loses tomorrow then it’ll be Texas as our first matchup on Thursday.

Seems to me we’re locked in as a 4 seed.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Aside from winning the Big 12 tournament, will winning any games help our seeding for the NCAA tournament?

Right now, our first matchup is either Kansas (lose tomorrow) or West Virgina(win tomorrow) And if Texas loses tomorrow then it’ll be Texas as our first matchup on Thursday.

I would say if we can beat WVU or win the first round of the Big 12 tournament we might be able to sneak into a 3 seed depending on what happens in other conference tournaments.

Oct 30, 2007

I could see us slipping below a 4 seed if we finish the season with 3 straight losses and there are questions as to whether or not Cade & Ice are healthy. It sure would be nice to get those guys back on the court and find a way to win at least 1 more game.