Bracketology *Pokes are a 4 seed in The Dance*

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 23, 2009
New York
Arkansas also up to a 4
WV moves up to a 2
Texas is a 4 in Gonzaga's region
KU a 3
0u a 5
Taco Tech a 6
Baylor a 1 but not for much longer
Wichita State a 12

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Jul 11, 2007
Man...team could easily be 8-0. Certainly don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion this isn’t a tournament team this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL, ok...come back to this post in 2 months and tell me what you think then.
As suggested, I came back to this post. My thoughts are you’re an idiot.

Haven’t been paying attention, anybody called out this dumb dumb lately?

Jun 14, 2011
Illinois would probably be a terrible match up. They have a huge center that would be a nightmare for us. Kofi Cockburn 7'0" 285 lbs
He is probably a nightmare for ALL other teams. They have a huge game against Michigan tonight that should show some things. Michigan has a really good 7' center as well. Granted their best player (Ayo) is out for at least a few games with a facial injury, so that sucks from a general basketball enjoyment perspective on tonight's game.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
The whole sub-story theme gets old. I like these match-ups (except for the 7' 285 lb C for Illinois), but the storylines get tiresome.

First round Liberty (no history)
Second round - Colorado or Xavier/Georgia Tech. (BIG 8 foes, no history, Final Four rematch)
Third round - Illinois (Brad Underwood)

Reminds me of all the bowl game match-ups that are just re-runs of past league games.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
We are a 4 seed in the newest bracketology!!!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

with Xavier or Georgia Tech in the 1st round and on the same side as #1 Illinois, talk about a great spot to be in
Illinois would probably be a terrible match up. They have a huge center that would be a nightmare for us. Kofi Cockburn 7'0" 285 lbs
If this is the way the bracket does work out, then I’d prefer Illinois to Michigan or Gonzaga. They won’t match us with Baylor because we see them in the Big XII already.

I think those are the 3 worst matchups for us, along with Iowa (want no part of Garza at 6’11”, 265 lbs), so if I’m having to choose, I’ll pick the team that has lost 6 games.

If we are going to be a 4/5, then ideally Ohio State or Alabama are able to creep up there to a 1 seed and we can avoid all 3. Ohio State is a dream matchup IMO. Nobody on their roster over 6’8” that gets PT, although their leading scorer is 6’7” and 240 lbs. Guess I’m ok with their big guy scoring a bit if he’s supposed to be their leading scorer and Boone and Moncrief can block some shots because he is shorter. Bama has a 6’10” guy that is 225 but that’s not as heavy as all the other options.

Regardless of who we could potentially play in the Sweet Sixteen it will be tough. But I’d be ecstatic if we could avoid Gonzaga, Michigan, Illinois, and Iowa. That will require some good fortune since Baylor and WVU are probably on the 1/2 line.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I think this is how I’d rank out potential 1/2 seed Sweet Sixteen matchup options...

1. Ohio State
2. Alabama
3. Gonzaga
4. Iowa
5. Illinois
6. Michigan

At least Gonzaga hasn’t played anybody with a pulse in a while and may panic if put in a close game.

We won’t be matched up with Baylor or WVU. Hopefully one of the smaller teams on the 3 seed line, like Houston or Villanova, can knock a couple of teams down this list. FSU has some big guys so that doesn’t help us any and we wouldn’t get matched up with KU.

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow

Yeah 5th place in a 10 team conference...just imagine how good he will be without the conference player of the year and the 1st draft pick...douche.

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa

Yeah 5th place in a 10 team conference...just imagine how good he will be without the conference player of the year and the 1st draft pick...douche.
If you can’t see that 11 wins and 5th place in this league were an incredible accomplishment this year, then there is no winning you over. Also, we were good enough to beat the number 6 team in the country without the first draft pick, so that arguments sucks.

Jul 11, 2007

Your mother. Continue with that same ol’ tune. Top 15 ranking. Won at WVU without that #1 draft pick. Good work, dumb dumb. Just admit you were wrong. Or keep trolling.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
Your mother. Continue with that same ol’ tune. Top 15 ranking. Won at WVU without that #1 draft pick. Good work, dumb dumb. Just admit you were wrong. Or keep trolling.

Hey if dingleberries like you are happy with 5th place, then you don't need to convince me.
I hate delve into this mess, but it seems foolish to use Cade against Boynton.

You seem to be implying that Cade is carrying Boynton, which he is certainly raising the ceiling of the team, but isn't that a good thing and a credit to Boynton? Would you rather Boynton doesn't bring #1 picks to OSU?

And, to your point about how a 5th place finish is subpar, I would argue this team may have actually overachieved. The team is essentially Cade, Ice, and a slew of underclassmen, playing in the toughest conference in America (imo).

He turned one of the youngest teams in the nation into a top 4 seed (potentially as high as 2) and a near top 10 team. His team is tied for the most quad 1 wins in the country, they've won 7 games against top 25 teams (I believe this may be a program record), 9 games against tournament caliber teams, and are peaking at the perfect time.

The TCU losses and the blown lead against WVU were frustrating, but if you were expecting more from this team, then you frankly just didn't have reasonable expectations.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2007
Jackson Hole, WY
I hate delve into this mess, but it seems foolish to use Cade against Boynton.

You seem to be implying that Cade is carrying Boynton, which he is certainly raising the ceiling of the team, but isn't that a good thing and a credit to Boynton? Would you rather Boynton doesn't bring #1 picks to OSU?

And, to your point about how a 5th place finish is subpar, I would argue this team may have actually overachieved. The team is essentially Cade, Ice, and a slew of underclassmen, playing in the toughest conference in America (imo).

He turned one of the youngest teams in the nation into a top 4 seed (potentially as high as 2) and a near top 10 team. His team is tied for the most quad 1 wins in the country, they've won 7 games against top 25 teams (I believe this may be a program record), 9 games against tournament caliber teams, and are peaking at the perfect time.

The TCU losses and the blown lead against WVU were frustrating, but if you were expecting more from this team, then you frankly just didn't have reasonable expectations.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
THAT!

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
5th place in the BIG12 because Texas and WV only played Baylor once. Legitimate argument for a 3-way tie for 3rd if they played those games.

Never mind it was the most conference wins since 2012-2013 and 2 were without Cade.

Some people will never be happy.

Side question: Didn't BIG 12 football consider a special rule this year for uneven number of games played in determining the standings? I think only the win column was considered if the teams were within one in the number of games played. I don't remember exactly, but it was something like that and would go directly to head to head. It didn't end up happening but could have.