Bracketology *Pokes are a 4 seed in The Dance*

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Liberty might hang for a bit but I think we are just too big from 1-5 for them to really be an issue. Our smallest player that plays is 6’2” Bryce Williams
Nobody on their roster over 6-9 and only 1 player averages more than 4.4 rebounds per game. We have 4 players that average more than 4.4. So, we are going to need to dominate on the glass to win the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
Yeah I can see being upset that we were the 4, but saying that we got a tough draw because we have to play Liberty is a little soft. Yeah Liberty is probably a really decent mid major, but if we are who we think we are then we should have no problem until we reach Illinois. We would have had to play Illinois in the sweet sixteen or elite 8 either way.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Yeah I can see being upset that we were the 4, but saying that we got a tough draw because we have to play Liberty is a little soft. Yeah Liberty is probably a really decent mid major, but if we are who we think we are then we should have no problem until we reach Illinois. We would have had to play Illinois in the sweet sixteen or elite 8 either way.
Tennessee won't be easy at all. They have been up and down but they have really good guard play.

Dec 17, 2011
We can be mad about this all we want and talk about it all week but I know our coach only thought about it for 30 minutes and now he is thinking of our opponent.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Tennessee won't be easy at all. They have been up and down but they have really good guard play.
SEC is down this year and Tennessee is 8-7 in their last 15. Also, no way they beat 2 OSU’s in a row! :)

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
Wow. I was so distracted by the screw job on the 4 seed I missed they matched us up against Oregon state in the second round. That is another major screw job as they are insanely hot right now. It very much feels like they are trying to make it as hard as possible on us.
How dare they match us against a hot team. You mean we might play some good teams along the way?
Every team in the tournament will have tough games and someone will have to win 6. Grow up and enjoy the fight.

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
They really need to rotate members of the corrupt NCAA selection committee so it won’t be so corrupt. The AD of Kentucky being the head of the committee, given the past and present issues between OSU and Kentucky (i.e. Eddie and now Cade) doesn’t exactly give me a comfortable feeling as it relates to so-called unbiased seedings.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
There’s that ridiculous “Net” methodology.

The predictive component says we should lose to TTech, WVU, Baylor, KU, UT and Ark.

So there is that.

So we would lose to Tech (who we swept), WVU (2-1), Baylor (1-2 but we have the most recent win), KU (1-1), UT (1-2), and Ark (who we for reals beat). I’ll give them Baylor and Texas but get out of here with the rest of them.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
There’s that ridiculous “Net” methodology.

The predictive component says we should lose to TTech, WVU, Baylor, KU, UT and Ark.

So there is that.

So we would lose to Tech (who we swept), WVU (2-1), Baylor (1-2 but we have the most recent win), KU (1-1), UT (1-2), and Ark (who we for reals beat). I’ll give them Baylor and Texas but get out of here with the rest of them.
Yes, there is that.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Wow. I was so distracted by the screw job on the 4 seed I missed they matched us up against Oregon state in the second round. That is another major screw job as they are insanely hot right now. It very much feels like they are trying to make it as hard as possible on us.
How dare they match us against a hot team. You mean we might play some good teams along the way?
Every team in the tournament will have tough games and someone will have to win 6. Grow up and enjoy the fight.
That’s really not the point.

There’s a reason why it’s not a random draw to fill the entire bracket.