Boynton Doghouse?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
Keylan has really struggled this year. He's only scored 3 points in the last 6 games he's played, and he's only shooting 20% from behind the arc. Hopefully at some point he'll pull out of his funk. He has a lot of potential with his size & length. You can't really justify playing him over Williams, Anderson, & Walker until that happens though.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I really can’t imagine he’s in Boynton’s doghouse, so I’m just thinking Kalib reached a point he broke away from Keylan in his development. Not to say Keylan won’t eventually have his day of success, because I really do expect him to.

Sep 23, 2010
I have to believe he is hurt in some way. Kouma and Flavors getting extended minutes with Keylan getting no shot last game doesn't make sense.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I really can’t imagine he’s in Boynton’s doghouse, so I’m just thinking Kalib reached a point he broke away from Keylan in his development. Not to say Keylan won’t eventually have his day of success, because I really do expect him to.
^^ This. He hasn't looked good in his very few minutes of playing time recently (understandable when you're no playing), but I've watched his demeanor on the bench and during times out and he remains very engaged and looks quite upbeat. I'm sure some of this is understanding where he is relative to his teammates, the rest looks like he is overjoyed with Kalib's success.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
Something has to be going on b/c when williams went out with injury (ISU) Cade had just came out for his break. MB put cade back on the floor on short rest. I thought it was odd as we were up a decent margin at that point.

He may not be having a great season, but IMHO he gives you more than Flavors if even a bit of size. He does a decent job at holding down the paint when we have gone "small"

Mar 12, 2018
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Keylan is a force on the boards but he needs to shoot 300 shots a day after practice. His shot just isn't going down.
During one of the broadcasts they said that Rondel takes something like 500 shots a day after practice. If that is the case, Keylan needs to follow Walker's lead. Find his shot & confidence and he's very valuable for the team going forward with his length/athleticism.

Feb 5, 2007
Benton, Arkansas
When you are a 2 Guard and you shoot 34% from the field and 20% from 3 and average 54% from the FT line, you are going to have a hard time getting minutes. It is not like he plays tremendous D or is an assist monster to make up for the poor shooting. I would suggest maybe he needs to learn to use his frame and play inside more to gain minutes.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
When you are a 2 Guard and you shoot 34% from the field and 20% from 3 and average 54% from the FT line, you are going to have a hard time getting minutes. It is not like he plays tremendous D or is an assist monster to make up for the poor shooting. I would suggest maybe he needs to learn to use his frame and play inside more to gain minutes.
He plays most of his minutes at the 4, but his offense still isn’t good enough yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk