Bowl Game Scenarios?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
I’m seeing ND favored by 2.5. The Nd fans are way too confident. I actually like our chances in this game. Gundy seems to really get his teams playing their best after games like this weekend. But we obviously have to play better than Saturday.

Mar 31, 2011
The thing ND is most well known for in the past decade is Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend, but they're still a big name with a big fan base anyways. I like the Fiesta matchup with them. It's a NY6 bowl against a big name, and they were in contention for a playoff spot if there was a little more chaos ahead of them.

I don't love that it will be their new coach's first game at HC, which makes them a bit more difficult to prepare for. The good news is OSU's staff appears to be staying intact, so I have no doubt OSU will be prepared.

It's a good draw against a respected opponent! Hopefully Jalen and Godlevske are healthy enough to play, we don't have anyone opt out of playing, we don't lose any coaches, and we see what we usually see...a few young guys be given a chance to shine in the bowl.

Oh yeah, and I don't remember ever playing them? So if it's a first time matchup, that's cool.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
The thing ND is most well known for in the past decade is Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend, but they're still a big name with a big fan base anyways. I like the Fiesta matchup with them. It's a NY6 bowl against a big name, and they were in contention for a playoff spot if there was a little more chaos ahead of them.

I don't love that it will be their new coach's first game at HC, which makes them a bit more difficult to prepare for. The good news is OSU's staff appears to be staying intact, so I have no doubt OSU will be prepared.

It's a good draw against a respected opponent! Hopefully Jalen and Godlevske are healthy enough to play, we don't have anyone opt out of playing, we don't lose any coaches, and we see what we usually see...a few young guys be given a chance to shine in the bowl.

Oh yeah, and I don't remember ever playing them? So if it's a first time matchup, that's cool.
Since he was promoted from within as their defensive coordinator, I wouldn’t expect much to change this quickly.

jnewtont

Territorial Marshal
Oct 18, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Does anyone else think that Warrens current injury problems are amplified by his heavy workload such as 36 carries in game 1 against Baylor. You knew it was bound to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The injury that kept him out of the game was apparently his sternum. That injury occurred several games ago. It is an acute injury that has become chronic because it can't heal.
It is not an overuse type injury (e.g. tendons/ligaments/muscle/nerve).