Bowl Game Scenarios?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 5, 2007
Benton, Arkansas
I haven't paid much attention to anything outside the playoff but how do we not get a NY6 bowl? I can't see it's dropping out of the top 10.
Well

The Rose will take a Big 10 vs Pac 10
Sugar has to take Big 12 vs SEC

So

The Fiesta and Peach are our only hope, like Obi-Wan Kenobi. So we are fighting for 4 spots with Michigan St, Ole Miss, ND, Pitt, Wake Forest, Michigan, Cincy, ND

If Bama wins then Ole Miss goes to the Sugar and then someone like Cincy, ND, Michigan fall to the Peach or Fiesta

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
We’ll most likely end up in Fiesta Bowl against Michigan State or BYU…maybe Notre Dame if Alabama wins today
Well

The Rose will take a Big 10 vs Pac 10
Sugar has to take Big 12 vs SEC

So

The Fiesta and Peach are our only hope, like Obi-Wan Kenobi. So we are fighting for 4 spots with Michigan St, Ole Miss, ND, Pitt, Wake Forest, Michigan, Cincy, ND

If Bama wins then Ole Miss goes to the Sugar and then someone like Cincy, ND, Michigan fall to the Peach or Fiesta
FWIW, Hunziker is assuming we’ll get a NY6 game.

Aug 26, 2004
I will be curious to see how OSU fans travel to the bowl game after buying tickets to the Big 12 Championship game. OSU always does well regarding travel to Bowl games previously.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Projections that I've seen:

Fiesta Bowl vs Notre Dame or Michigan State

Peach Bowl vs Pitt

Give me one of the NY6 bowls.
Gives us dang near a month to get our Oline and RBs healthy. I like our odds then. O line injures killed us. Center going out and Sills getting hurt in Bedlam

Jan 14, 2006
Gives us dang near a month to get our Oline and RBs healthy. I like our odds then. O line injures killed us. Center going out and Sills getting hurt in Bedlam
I'd expect our freshman receivers to get better with 3 weeks of practice. Similar to Presley last year but across the board.

Be really cool if we could get Anderson or Braydon back as well.