Boise state

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
lmao seriously.....they had a break and when I mean "break", I'm talking about not putting on the pads going the daily week routine of the grind of football. Point is UC Davis didn't have a winter conditioning offseason....TU did. UC Davis didn't go through spring ball, which is much lighter, while UC davis went out and played 5 games. TU really didn't have any excuses...they simply got outplayed at home, by a team who's had less rest and supposedly "less talented"....TU I don't think is a good as people hype them up to be and their new QB looked mediocre IMO. TU had time to heal up, and deal with soft issue injuries or severe injuries like a shamari brooks coming back while UC Davis playing in the spring, doesn't have that luxury...advantage TU.

I do agree that Boise looks to be a problem and a challenging opponent. UCF looks great also. Maybe you add them to the big XII after all?
Conversely, a team should be better and more experienced if it's together longer and has played and ran the offense and defense more recently. We typically get better as the season progresses (both as coaches and a team) with the bowl being the best performance of the year. I do think teams that played SEASONS in the spring have an advantage in early season fall games due to this fact. So he's not the only one who thinks it's an advantage rather than a curse.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
Tulsa lost to UC Davis who played the spring schedule...have to wonder if that has something to do with it. Missouri State played the spring schedule as well...Can't overlook them.
Tulsa was horrid! Over a 100 yards in penalties, turnovers, etc. They did show some explosiveness. One penalty took them from inside the UCD 10 back to midfield.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Ppl on Reddit have called out that Tulsa has like 13 starters suspended due to the Mississippi State bowl game brawl last year and that played a factor. But they also had a ton of their really good would be returning defensive starters poached through the transfer portal (specifically by Mizzou I believe) and they may just not be any good by there own standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Conversely, a team should be better and more experienced if it's together longer and has played and ran the offense and defense more recently. We typically get better as the season progresses (both as coaches and a team) with the bowl being the best performance of the year. I do think teams that played SEASONS in the spring have an advantage in early season fall games due to this fact. So he's not the only one who thinks it's an advantage rather than a curse.
yeah we’ll agree to disagree…UC Davis played only 5 games while TU nearly played a full schedule plus the bowl game. TU having a normal offseason schedule should’ve had the advantage. I mean if you want to make excuses for them be my guest. TU returns 9 starters on defense and 7 on offense including their entire OL. Yeah they laid an egg IMO…simple as that. They have way too much experience to play that poorly. TU looks average

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Ppl on Reddit have called out that Tulsa has like 13 starters suspended due to the Mississippi State bowl game brawl last year and that played a factor. But they also had a ton of their really good would be returning defensive starters poached through the transfer portal (specifically by Mizzou I believe) and they may just not be any good by there own standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they were missing several starters but it wasn’t 13…not even close considering the majority of their returning players played last night

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
I thought the announcers said 3. But they also picked up players from OSU, TA&M, and OU through the portal.

Jul 31, 2008
On the bright side, at least Boise and TU won't be going into our game thinking that since they are undefeated then a win over the Pokes jumps them in (or into) the ranking.
Surely, both team have already lost confidence and ability to call 2021 a special season.
Not saying they won't get up for our game, but it probably lost a little meaning as they are now focused on winning their Conference.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
I was going to book my hotel today and discovered rates are sky high $250-$400 per night and not many rooms left downtown. I guess we will stay near airport we’re rooms are cheaper.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I doubt very seriously it’s canceled. That was just one guy using it to keep OSU fans to a minimum. Go and be careful and enjoy an OKLAHOMA STATE victory!

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I doubt very seriously it’s canceled. That was just one guy using it to keep OSU fans to a minimum. Go and be careful and enjoy an OKLAHOMA STATE victory!
Its not just one guy. Here is a news story from there with the same info.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/h...ents/277-9fc04a3f-2711-4375-a43c-01d5d45c931e

"If campus infection rates continue to increase, we likely will face temporary, rolling closures, which may mean shifting face-to-face classes online or to hybrid mode, suspending or cutting back some campus-based services, delaying or canceling large gatherings, performances and athletic events, and temporarily returning to remote work," they wrote.