Boise state/Game a thread combined

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Just kind of proves that defense wins ballgames

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You can be great defensively, but if you give up one to many points you are beat.
Agreed. We are in the same boat we were in when we had the high scoring offenses though. A lot of those years we had terrible defenses. We felt like we had to score every possession. Sometimes it came down to who had the ball last

I have a feeling we are going to have a lot of games that end with both teams separated by one score this year. Low scoring nail biters. Maybe not as entertaining but suspenseful none the less. Let's see how it plays out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Just kind of proves that defense wins ballgames

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You can be great defensively, but if you give up one to many points you are beat.
Great tautology. Here's another... you can be great offensively, but if the other team outscore you then you lose.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
One too many means one more than we score
Yeah, I get that. And “one to many” means a range from 1 to many. Pedantic jokes aren’t very funny, but they’re even less funny when they have to be explained.
I got it.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

Dec 9, 2013
I see us really struggling this year. Sure defense wins championships. but if they are on the field 75% of the game while your offense goes 3 and out they won't be considered 'championship level' You have got to be able to chew clock with your offense even if it is boring and score SOME points. So far we haven't been able to score and thats even against subpar opponents. If we get our run game going I think we will be fine but sputtering along with basically zero offense is not going to get us far in the Big 12.
Perfect example is the Boise game. I read where we had the ball 21 minutes in the 2nd half vs 9 to Boise. If we convert the Owens dropped 3rd down slant, make the FG and don’t fumble we walk away w a completely different view.

I know “ifs and buts”. But how many times in the spring and summer did spencer line up w Owens, Presley, Cabiness & Cassidy at the same time. Do these WRs run routes at the same speed and depth as those he is used to? I would love to see us move up and down the field but that just won’t happen when you are running guys outside of your normal 2 deep at key spots. The timing and confidence just isn’t there. We all bitched for 2 games about the run game and we seem to have that on track. Go 2-0 these next 2 games. Score some points and get healthy.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Soooo here in a couple years when Boise comes to town, can we extend an invite to Blitz (son of Cowboy Kohl) the tee fetchin dog?!?!??? That'd be kinda cool. :love: