Boise state/Game a thread combined

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
Do you know we’re down 6 of our 7 top receivers?

Do you know 4 of the starting OL were out sick during the week? 2 OL didn’t practice Tuesday-Wed.

Do you know our best 2 defenders are out for the season?

The game plan they practiced all week was to run, run, run and when you need to pass, run some more and slow down the game.

Still think Gundy is stubborn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with what your saying.....but I still think Gundy is stubborn....

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Do you know we’re down 6 of our 7 top receivers?

Do you know 4 of the starting OL were out sick during the week? 2 OL didn’t practice Tuesday-Wed.

Do you know our best 2 defenders are out for the season?

The game plan they practiced all week was to run, run, run and when you need to pass, run some more and slow down the game.

Still think Gundy is stubborn?

I agree with what your saying.....but I still think Gundy is stubborn....
As opposed to posters who make the exact same whines over and over?

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
As opposed to posters who make the exact same whines over and over?

They’re stubborn too...but come to think of it, so am I.

I bitch a lot about the coaching...and refs...and lack of grilleronies...it’s a hobby....
At least you have a sense of humor about it.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
They’re stubborn too...but come to think of it, so am I.

I bitch a lot about the coaching...and refs...and lack of grilleronies...it’s a hobby....
This year, it’s the frickin’ Indian Frybread Tacos. Game 1, they ran out before kickoff. Game 2, they ran out before halftime. Keeping my fingers crossed for Saturday.

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
At least you have a sense of humor about it.

Oh just wait...we lose and I’ll be rabid too..

at the end of the day we are 3 and 0 (somehow)

I do honestly wonder if gundy doesn’t have “naughty night dreams” about almost winning a national championship and never scoring more than 10 points..(.’course a championship is a championship)...then it turns into a nightmare when we play ou with our team being the lineup of the Kansas City Chiefs while they bring in the 8 man squad from Shattuck. Gundy goes full fetal position and the goons beat us by 2 touchdowns....

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

I do honestly wonder if gundy doesn’t have “naughty night dreams” about almost winning a national championship and never scoring more than 10 points..(.’course a championship is a championship)...then it turns into a nightmare when we play ou with our team being the lineup of the Kansas City Chiefs while they bring in the 8 man squad from Shattuck. Gundy goes full fetal position and the goons beat us by 2 touchdowns....
None of us like losing. That's something the "you're accepting mediocrity!" crowd just doesn't understand. Not pissing and moaning about everything on a social media site isn't "accepting mediocrity". Seeing a great defensive game and good offensive game management for what it is in a victory is not "accepting mediocrity". Whining about the exact same thing whether or not we win or lose is just plain annoying. Really, why are they even fans if they can't find *something* to be happy about?

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
None of us like losing. That's something the "you're accepting mediocrity!" crowd just doesn't understand. Not pissing and moaning about everything on a social media site isn't "accepting mediocrity". Seeing a great defensive game and good offensive game management for what it is in a victory is not "accepting mediocrity". Whining about the exact same thing whether or not we win or lose is just plain annoying. Really, why are they even fans if they can't find *something* to be happy about?
I'm glad we won, I really am. I'm happy for the players and coaches. I don't like the direction that has been purposefully taken by the coaching staff. The purposeful move away from the high octane offense to where we are now is not sensible. It's been a set of deliberate choices to choose safer game plans rather than having the fire to keep pushing. The attitude of some of the older fans (of which I am one) embraces old standards of excellence and not moving towards new milestones of excellence.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

He knows Tyreek would bail him out, Bob would kick it again.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I'm glad we won, I really am. I'm happy for the players and coaches. I don't like the direction that has been purposefully taken by the coaching staff. The purposeful move away from the high octane offense to where we are now is not sensible. It's been a set of deliberate choices to choose safer game plans rather than having the fire to keep pushing. The attitude of some of the older fans (of which I am one) embraces old standards of excellence and not moving towards new milestones of excellence.
So, you don’t see the necessity/wisdom in changing the offense to fit your available personnel, their experience and the matchup with the opponent?

Wow, just wow.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
So, you don’t see the necessity/wisdom in changing the offense to fit your available personnel, their experience and the matchup with the opponent?

Wow, just wow.

I don’t see the necessity of purposefully choosing to leave what works over a seven year period. You don't see it, talk about WOW

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Blue turf on deck. This will be a test for the Cowboys. Boise lost to UCF and then beat up on utep. Hopefully we can figure out some of our offensive woes and come out with the W. The guys should come out fired up.
Naw, we just need to play good defense. Hold Boise scoreless in the second half and we come home with a win. Won’t need a lot of offense, just burn some clock…. Lol

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Gundy is 70-0 when holding the opponent to less than 20 pts. Let that sink in.

Sometimes running the ball and using field position (i.e. 3 punts inside the 16) is needed to keep them to less than 20 at the sacrifice of being explosive on offense and scoring points.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Old standards of excellence... winning has always been the standard.