Boise state/Game a thread combined

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Yes i knew this. He has played for 3 years now and Gundy builds him up every preseason and he bombs every year. He played probably 2 1/2 games to Shane's 1/2 a game this year. He holds on to the ball too long, never throws it out of bounds (takes a sack instead), etc. SI stats for 1/2 game equal his for 2.5 games! hard to argue that regardless of whose out with injury.
I’m so confused by this post. I’m not following the 2.5 to .5 game logic here. SS played 2 and SI played 1… Why would you only include half of a game to compare production? He played the whole 2nd half of the game and was largely unproductive. Also you’re comparing a home game with an FCS school with your top WR, to playing 2 D1 schools without your top WR.

Dont get me wrong, I would like to see SI but this analysis is a head scratcher.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Yes i knew this. He has played for 3 years now and Gundy builds him up every preseason and he bombs every year. He played probably 2 1/2 games to Shane's 1/2 a game this year. He holds on to the ball too long, never throws it out of bounds (takes a sack instead), etc. SI stats for 1/2 game equal his for 2.5 games! hard to argue that regardless of whose out with injury.
Yes SS is a bust. He has not improve since his Oregon State game and he will not improve anymore. He has poor vision and poor decision maker. BUT

His a good athlete even if he is a better RB than he is a QB. He fits to Gundy idea to what a QB should be. Most importantly, he listens to and executes what Gundy asking of him.

Shane Illingworth is the better QB prospect than SS. Much much better passer as the stat indicated BUT with the current status even when the OLs are better at pass protections rather than run blocking, YET we better play SS. There is nobody ultimate dominant legit to throw to.

We lack quality and depth at WRs. The dropped balls were the indication of that. That is the reason to why Owen is playing behind some true freshmen. What happens to Matt Polk, Raymond Polk son? Is he still on the team?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Do you know we’re down 6 of our 7 top receivers?

Do you know 4 of the starting OL were out sick during the week? 2 OL didn’t practice Tuesday-Wed.

Do you know our best 2 defenders are out for the season?

The game plan they practiced all week was to run, run, run and when you need to pass, run some more and slow down the game.

Still think Gundy is stubborn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, you know all the things I listed. But, apparently you don’t know what they mean. SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 7, 2020
Oklahoma City
Offense: B- Spencer was solid and limited mistakes. The plan was clearly pound the rock to win the game and it worked.. Warren was awesome and the OL finally looked capable.

Defense: B Gave up some early...but dominated the second half. Boise scored on 4 of the first 6 possessions and then blanked on the final 7. D saved the day.

Special Teams: B Blocked FG...Solid punting...and a missed fg by Hale.

Overall: B Road win at a tough venue while still adjusting to new personnel. Obviously was not the prettiest game...but the team showed toughness and resiliency. Good win and still unbeaten. :pistols:

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
We beat a good team on the road on that awful blue field that I think messes up the other team's depth perception, and at one of the highest altitudes in college football, with an o-line put together with spitwads and gum and missing our best receiver. It wasn't a Playstation offense, but we put together enough offense in the first half to take a lead into halftime when it looked like we could get blown out, and with the exception of the missed field goal and the fumble, we managed the game and won the field position battle in the second half. So, yeah, I thought the playcalling was good, and the halftime defensive adjustments were masterful.

But some people just can't be happy. THREE and OH baby! Feel the burn!

We'll be ranked after we beat Kansas State next week. Gundy ain't goin' nowhere unless he wants to.

Not really. Boise is 2,900ft altitude, Stillwater is 900ft so only 2,000 ft difference, no big deal.

Not like Bolder or Denver of 5,000ft.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
This game appears to have been the pinnacle of #gundyball, and his worshipers appear awestruck by its splendor.

The only explanation I can find for both Gundy's ridiculous game plans and our fans support of them are that both groups are simply ok with (or fully support) mediocrity as our ceiling. Because guess what....mediocrity is our ceiling with this approach.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
This game appears to have been the pinnacle of #gundyball, and his worshipers appear awestruck by its splendor.

The only explanation I can find for both Gundy's ridiculous game plans and our fans support of them are that both groups are simply ok with (or fully support) mediocrity as our ceiling. Because guess what....mediocrity is our ceiling with this approach.
If you can't look at that second half defense and find beauty in it then you really don't understand the game. Or you just want to whinge incessantly, not that those two things are mutually exclusive.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Anyone figure out who we are yet?

MoSt - pass pro held up very well, couldn't run.

Tulsa, still couldn't run, pass pro not as good. Were there changes to the line in that game as well?

Boise - everyone and their dog knew we were going to run it. Gaping holes. Couldn't pass pro to save our lives. New faces everywhere.

What is going on around here?!:runaway:

If Spencer starts reading the RPO a little better and takes off we might have run for 400 on Sat. I am all for taking the air out of the ball with this defense, just need points when you do it.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Just a thought, with all our woes at WR and youth being the reason given, why not use LD in the slot with Brennan? He's a 6th year guy surely he can catch in space. There are other guys that can spell Warren if needed and they run harder through the line anyway.

Probably block better out there than the young guys too.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2017
Enid
If you can't look at that second half defense and find beauty in it then you really don't understand the game. Or you just want to whinge incessantly, not that those two things are mutually exclusive.

You can absolutely love our defense and that second half and still think that strategy may win a mountain west championship but it’s not going to win a big xii championship

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

I can appreciate good defense while also recognizing that our offense gives us zero chance of success against solid teams, let alone win our conference. Not sure why you're trying to change the subject to that random topic....

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
I can appreciate good defense while also recognizing that our offense gives us zero chance of success against solid teams, let alone win our conference. Not sure why you're trying to change the subject to that random topic....
Maybe because any other topic would be better than the same tired, over-wrought topic you always post about?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Spencer Sanders games played: 2

Fractions, how do they work?

I believe i said i wasn't sure about the time. Thinking back it seems like SS was hurt early in the 1st game so eliminate the fractions. Hope that helps you through the day.
Sanders didn't play in the first game. He was in covid protocol.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

You can absolutely love our defense and that second half and still think that strategy may win a mountain west championship but it’s not going to win a big xii championship
I tell you what, if we hold BXII opponents to 20 ppg, and game manage the offense well, we absolutely will win a championship.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

You can appreciate good defense then appreciate it and stop whining about the offense.

We're 3 and Oh, baby!